• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At end of training camp, Guice's revenge and Keenum ahead in QB race

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re the glass is half empty type I see. I’ve followed Keenum since his Texan days, this kid can get the job done – People downplay his ability to lead and make the necessary throws. He’s more mobile than Haskins, very effective against the blitz, one of the best outside of the pocket. As I’ve said before he’s never had the chance to grow in any one offense since they give up on him. Do you know how bad Peyton and Aikman were when they first started? If Keenum was given the chance to grow he would excel. They say what he did was an outlier in Minnesota, but I have no doubt had he stayed and they shored up players he would have done better than Cousins win-lost record.

Last year in Denver they had a lot of injuries and most of their offense were rookies, including both running backs(Lindsay getting hurt towards the end of the season), tight ends (the starter got hurt) the receivers were rookies (Demarius was traded and Emmanuel was lost to injury). Not to mention their pro-bowl cornerback Harris also was out due to injury.

The team lost 4 winnable games that Keenum put them in a position to win. The defense gave up 10 4th quarter points against the Chiefs in the first game, the kicker missed a winnable field goal against the Texans, a stupid taunting penalty on Sanders took away a scored TD against the Rams, the coach messed up on a 4 and 1 against the Browns inside the 5 yard line that would have gotten them 1st and goal with 5 minutes left. So, he did very well considering how bad things went south for them. I think he will have a better opportunity here as they are stacked at running back, tight end, and receivers. The defense should be at least a top 10 one if not better. So I’m optimistic for them this year.

another view from a poster on another site . now my previous [post and this one are here to show that we shouldnt just dismiss this team before we take one real snap . now doom and gloom can come no denying that but cant we at least look at the possibility we could compete ?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a better team. That alone gives me hope.

OFFENSE
QB: better – Keenum may not be all pro, but he’s proven a serviceable QB. This is better than the clown show we ended up with last year.
RB: better – AP & CT are back, and now we have Guice to add to the mix
WRs: better – we lost Crowder, but early signs are that McLaurin is the real deal, and Harmon is showing some promise as well
TEs: same – although Reed is claiming it’s the first time in years he’s fully healthy for camp
OL: worse – though this really only involves TW. At every other position we are the same or better.

DEFENSE
DL: better – same group with a year of experience together
EDGE: better – Sweat is an upgrade over Smith, and McKinzy is showing some good development
LB: ??? – we didn’t have stellar play last year, so it’s really unknown how this year will compare
CB: better – return of Dunbar, improvement in Moreau, and addition of Moreland makes this a better unit
S: better – Collins is better than DJ, and we return Nicholson, hopefully with his head on straight

So all things considered, we are a better football team this year than last year, and last year we were 1 win away from the playoffs. I’m not predicting great things for this team, but I am certainly not seeing this team as being worse. Of course, injuries can change all of that in a hurry.

Here’s something optimistic to consider: TW isn’t traded and ends up returning to the team after 3 or 4 games. This means he’s ready to go after the bye week. Sound like a pretty decent time to see how Haskins works behind a legit OL with a good running game and a solid defense??

from a poster on another site . i can agree with some of this

If we don't have hope we don't have anything, right?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re the glass is half empty type I see. I’ve followed Keenum since his Texan days, this kid can get the job done – People downplay his ability to lead and make the necessary throws. He’s more mobile than Haskins, very effective against the blitz, one of the best outside of the pocket. As I’ve said before he’s never had the chance to grow in any one offense since they give up on him. Do you know how bad Peyton and Aikman were when they first started? If Keenum was given the chance to grow he would excel. They say what he did was an outlier in Minnesota, but I have no doubt had he stayed and they shored up players he would have done better than Cousins win-lost record.

Last year in Denver they had a lot of injuries and most of their offense were rookies, including both running backs(Lindsay getting hurt towards the end of the season), tight ends (the starter got hurt) the receivers were rookies (Demarius was traded and Emmanuel was lost to injury). Not to mention their pro-bowl cornerback Harris also was out due to injury.

The team lost 4 winnable games that Keenum put them in a position to win. The defense gave up 10 4th quarter points against the Chiefs in the first game, the kicker missed a winnable field goal against the Texans, a stupid taunting penalty on Sanders took away a scored TD against the Rams, the coach messed up on a 4 and 1 against the Browns inside the 5 yard line that would have gotten them 1st and goal with 5 minutes left. So, he did very well considering how bad things went south for them. I think he will have a better opportunity here as they are stacked at running back, tight end, and receivers. The defense should be at least a top 10 one if not better. So I’m optimistic for them this year.

another view from a poster on another site . now my previous [post and this one are here to show that we shouldnt just dismiss this team before we take one real snap . now doom and gloom can come no denying that but cant we at least look at the possibility we could compete ?

So, are you saying that you have the ability to evaluate Keenum better than the Denver Broncos did? Why do those in the know have the over/under at 6 1/2 wins for the Redskins this season?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, are you saying that you have the ability to evaluate Keenum better than the Denver Broncos did? Why do those in the know have the over/under at 6 1/2 wins for the Redskins this season?
Those in the know have been wrong numerous times

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case Keenum - 67% compeletion, 3500 yards, 22 TDs, 7 picks

dad can correct me if I am wrong. I believe he read a couple of posts from somewhere else and copied them here as food for thought so we aren't really answering the person who posted these thoughts. Clearly the person is a Texans fan so he is assigning too much credit to Case for a year in which the Vikings ran the ball well and played great defense. I liked Case as a college QB and I don't mind him being here as a place holder. Right now we have to hope Haskin's is what Dan thinks he is. He has some skills so we will see over the next couple of years.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dad can correct me if I am wrong. I believe he read a couple of posts from somewhere else and copied them here as food for thought so we aren't really answering the person who posted these thoughts. Clearly the person is a Texans fan so he is assigning too much credit to Case for a year in which the Vikings ran the ball well and played great defense. I liked Case as a college QB and I don't mind him being here as a place holder. Right now we have to hope Haskin's is what Dan thinks he is. He has some skills so we will see over the next couple of years.

you are right , i mentioned i posted them from another sight . my point is yeah we have issues , and yeah we could be a 5-6 win team but i believe this team is better then last year and we were 1 win away from the playoffs . i believe we can compete for a WC. that doesnt make it so

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those in the know have been wrong numerous times

Trust me, those in the know but out good numbers most of the time! They have to in order to get balanced action on both sides of the bet. Those in the know even know if a given player had a fight with his wife or girlfriend on the morning of gameday in most cases.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, those in the know but out good numbers most of the time! They have to in order to get balanced action on both sides of the bet. Those in the know even know if a given player had a fight with his wife or girlfriend on the morning of gameday in most cases.
Sorry but they have been wrong quite a bit when it comes to the skins

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am saying is we have a chance to compete , nothing more and nothing less

We are in agreement when it comes to the word 'hope' concerning our team. However, there is a big difference between a chance to compete and competing. It's easy to name several teams that will be competing but all 32 teams have a chance to compete.

With that said, I will still be hoping!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well said! Keenum played his role well with the Vikings, no more and no less, but I consider him just an average QB until he proves me wrong and I hope he will prove me wrong on the upside.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said! Keenum played his role well with the Vikings, no more and no less, but I consider him just an average QB until he proves me wrong and I hope he will prove me wrong on the upside.

exactly he is avg but with out defense and run game we should compete with him being avg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, for one, hope you are correct!
well at this point its worth hoping for . look if we are 0-5 or 1-4 to start then we are done

2-3 or better and we are in position

i see it this way
eagles L
dallas at home W

bears at home toss up with push to bears

giants W

pats huge L

the first 4 games are key if we do well , we could have the leg up on some tie breakers , a loss to the pats isnt a concern , they are out of conference . the NFC losses hurt

3-3 in the division is what i see at best so winning nfc games are paramount

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at this point its worth hoping for . look if we are 0-5 or 1-4 to start then we are done

2-3 or better and we are in position

i see it this way
eagles L
dallas at home W

bears at home toss up with push to bears

giants W

pats huge L

the first 4 games are key if we do well , we could have the leg up on some tie breakers , a loss to the pats isnt a concern , they are out of conference . the NFC losses hurt

3-3 in the division is what i see at best so winning nfc games are paramount

Haven't we all been hoping since Snyder bought this team? How long are we allowed to hope?

Okay, let's hope that NFL history doesn't repeat itself since an average QB usually results in an average record at season's end. I will be very happy if we are 2-3 after our first five games but I think 1-4 is more realistic. Yes, we should beat the Giants but I don't think we will beat the Cowboys, obviously hoping I'm wrong. The Eagles, Bears, and Patriots appear to be definite loses to me. So, the Cowboys game appears to be the key game in our first five games to me. Zeke is the best player the Cowboys have and we don't know yet if his contract will be resolved. So I'll give you this: If Zeke doesn't play we've got a chance to win that game but if he does play I think we will lose that game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't we all been hoping since Snyder bought this team? How long are we allowed to hope?

Okay, let's hope that NFL history doesn't repeat itself since an average QB usually results in an average record at season's end. I will be very happy if we are 2-3 after our first five games but I think 1-4 is more realistic. Yes, we should beat the Giants but I don't think we will beat the Cowboys, obviously hoping I'm wrong. The Eagles, Bears, and Patriots appear to be definite loses to me. So, the Cowboys game appears to be the key game in our first five games to me. Zeke is the best player the Cowboys have and we don't know yet if his contract will be resolved. So I'll give you this: If Zeke doesn't play we've got a chance to win that game but if he does play I think we will lose that game.
last 2 years we had keenum and foles in a title game one went to a super bowl .

with our defense we can keep zeke in check

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last 2 years we had keenum and foles in a title game one went to a super bowl .

with our defense we can keep zeke in check

Zeke who?