• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Asterisk!?

Asterisk! Yay or nay?

• Total voters

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only title even remotely close to being asterisk is the '06 Heat. :yahoo:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of the reasons next year for the Ws is so interesting. One could make a case that it would be better for them to tank next year so Curry and Draymond and Iggy get to skip the playoff grind for a change, in a year where they are unlikely to be contenders. If KD re-ups then I would say go for it (he has a very good shot of being back for the last few games and playoffs). But if it's just Klay? Why kill yourselves to be a 6 seed and go down in the 2nd round? Why not rest everyone a lot?

But then...it's Draymond's contract year. And Iggy's too I think. They're not getting any younger and Dray's going to want to try to make an All NBA team or DPOY to get more $ and he will want to compete.

This offseason is going to be fascinating for so many teams. I feel like the season hasn't even ended really.

The window for every team not named the Patriots is small. You are suggesting the Warriors tank next year and piss away a season when they won't have many more seasons to contend? As you said that leads them to contract years for 2 of their key players, no guarantee they will be retained. And that's why they are still in Win Now mode as they should be.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any title with an asterisk is still a title....

....but yes this finals will be remembered for the injuries not for how good Toronto played.

This Toronto team is likely to going to be a very small footnote in the history of the NBA. Especially if Kawhi leaves (which I think he will). Kind of like the 95-96 Supersonics.

The Rockets?

Lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of the reasons next year for the Ws is so interesting. One could make a case that it would be better for them to tank next year so Curry and Draymond and Iggy get to skip the playoff grind for a change, in a year where they are unlikely to be contenders. If KD re-ups then I would say go for it (he has a very good shot of being back for the last few games and playoffs). But if it's just Klay? Why kill yourselves to be a 6 seed and go down in the 2nd round? Why not rest everyone a lot?

But then...it's Draymond's contract year. And Iggy's too I think. They're not getting any younger and Dray's going to want to try to make an All NBA team or DPOY to get more $ and he will want to compete.

This offseason is going to be fascinating for so many teams. I feel like the season hasn't even ended really.

Even as a 6 seed,

If Curry, Dray, Klay and Iggy are healthy the Warriors can beat anyone in a playoff series.

Might not be favored, but they can beat anyone. Tanking is not an option.

Now, they have a lot less margin for error in the regular season, so resting players for playoffs may not be an option either. Any extended absence for Curry or Dray could take them out of playoff contention.

But, if they get there in tact, their seed does not matter aside from giving up home court.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question.

Should the Toronto Raptors' 2019 NBA title forever be following by an "*" in the minds of B-ball fans because of the injury situation of the Golden State Warriors?

Or not?

What says the Hoop!

Note - No extra options in the polling aside from the obligatory potato salad option. Take a stand, pussies.
Warriors need 2 asterisks for the league screwing Spurs when they started the series on 30 some hours rest for spurs with an injured Kawhi

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a 6 seed,

If Curry, Dray, Klay and Iggy are healthy the Warriors can beat anyone in a playoff series.

Now, they have a lot less margin for error in the regular season, so resting players for playoffs may not be an option either. Any extended absence for Curry or Dray could take them out of playoff contention.

But, if they get there in tact, their seed does not matter aside from giving up home court.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Warriors won a title before KD arrived. To claim they won't be contenders next season is kinda crazy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a 6 seed,

Yep. From what I've read, an ACL is 6-9 months before returning to normal activity. So, if it were a full 9 months, that would mean a return in about February for Klay.

Given that he'd need another month or so to play himself into shape, he'd be back to 100% or real close to it, right about the time the playoffs started.

Even though they'd basically have the same core, I wouldn't give them the same chance they had pre-KD because they wouldn't have the same depth. But their experience of 5 straight finals appearances and having a rested Klay, should help them offset at least some of that.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, any Finals series that Lebron didn’t win requires an asterisk. He has some of the worst luck in the finals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No asterisk.

The Raptors path to this title was hard as hell. The Sixers and Bucks are both exceptional teams. So don’t lose focus of how the Raps got there.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No asterisk.

The Raptors path to this title was hard as hell. The Sixers and Bucks are both exceptional teams. So don’t lose focus of how the Raps got there.
You have made an eloquent argument that the Raptors' Eastern Conference Title should proceed forward unblemished by either asterisk or any other black mark.

I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment. Hear, hear! :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people straight up talking out their ass itt. Titles are very hard to come by and unless there was cheating/forming a super team involved, then the narrative of an asterisk is absurd.

Take your salty ass tears somewhere else, cause we celebrating this shit up here.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they will be down Klay much of the year is his point.

The post following yours spells it out. Klay will be ready for the playoffs and it's kind of crazy to consider them as a non-contender after all this group has accomplished.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people straight up talking out their ass itt. Titles are very hard to come by and unless there was cheating/forming a super team involved, then the narrative of an asterisk is absurd.

Take your salty ass tears somewhere else, cause we celebrating this shit up here.

Nobody is crying, other than you of course.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did the US get an * when germany bombed pearl harbor?

Check this out, brah...

Nathan Fletcher Gets ‘Heavy’

Heavy Water follows big wave surfer Nathan Fletcher through the evolution of surfing and his relationship with big waves. Tracing his lineage back to his grandfather, one of the pioneers of Oahu's North Shore, Fletcher and other fellow surf and skateboard legends share their personal views on some of the iconic moments of the sport that shaped surfing as we know it today. Heavy Water delves deep into the surfing culture and its roots. The deep ties between surfing and skateboarding show once again when Nathan performs the never before done “Acid Drop” in big waves, a maneuver borrowed from skateboarding and involving assistance from a helicopter.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's an "ass itt"? :scratch:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Forming a superteam isn't allowed now?