• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assistant Coaches Rumors and Hires

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ejiro Evero sounds like the front runner to become our D cord. Love this if true. He has ties to familiar names... Fangio, Wade Phillips, Hackett. This guy is an up and comer. Highly respected (I know we hear this about most coaches) but I would like to see us hire a solid energetic African American D cord.
Evero succeeded under Wade Phillips and succeeded under the Fangio tree of DCs - those two being so different means he ran succeed with any defense that fits the guys playing it. I love the concept.

Reactions: LGM

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stenavich is likely to become the Packers OC. I don't believe Green Bay is going to let him go. I think most would be SHOCKED if Hackett doesn't call plays here.

I have to say I was hoping the new coach would not call plays and be more the CEO type of coach.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going into much detail on this but I have been around enough football teams and football players to know that it does matter. That is all I am going to say.
I can see how it would factor in, initially .. but once a team gets into a rut and is losing more than winning, all bets are off

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I am wrong but Vic Fangio has been criticized for calling plays. I guess if you are winning having your head coach calling plays is not a big deal, if you are losing, then it is. Here is hoping the we have the first scenario.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I am wrong but Vic Fangio has been criticized for calling plays. I guess if you are winning having your head coach calling plays is not a big deal, if you are losing, then it is. Here is hoping the we have the first scenario.
I don’t think you are wrong. But it seems to be a change, especially with younger coaches to call their own plays. And it’s possible that some coaches are better at multitasking than others. It didn’t seem like Fangio ever was able to do the HC things, like clock management, being focused on the D. Would it be different for an Offensive coach? Maybe so.

I hadn’t thought of it before, but all four of the final teams are led by O guys.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Jordan Loves sucks and Getsy was his QB coach…
I’ll give you that

and you give me this:

He was Aaron Rodgers QB coach for his best three years statistically as a QB.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Getsy gets to choose between Denver and Chicago, he probably goes to Chicago where he will be the play caller.
Exactly. That would be the tie breaker. Having a Defensive HC means the OC will call the plays.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Jordan Loves sucks and Getsy was his QB coach...
On occasion, when things didn't seem to progress, my Dad would say "You can't polish a turd" ..

Perhaps that;s the case with Love