• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assessment Of the Cavs Team

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are playing as one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA vs poor teams. An addition of IT a terrible defensive player isn't going to make their defense any better and if anything it will be worse. They are who they are right now. Unless Wade LeBron, Rose, Smith IT, etc all jump in the hot tub time machine and become 5 years younger this team won't magically become a .600+ team.

Chicken shit bitch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many have them as the automatic winners of the East especially with Gordon Hayward out for the season, and the Wizards made no improvements. Not so fast

Team break down

Center: K love (borderline all star player, almost 30 years old, injury prone and slowly diminishing athletically but still good production when healthy. He's a good #3 on a championship caliber team but is now upgraded to the #2 spot at the moment. Backup Thomposon ( really good rebounded and hustler and that's about it).

PF: Crowder: ( solid defender and a nice role player/spot up shooter on offense. Backup Channing Frye ( at this moment in his career he should be lucky he's to be in the league).

SF: LBJ (33 years old and still a top 5 player but slowly declining). The most amazing attribute is his ability to stay healthy which is something I can't say for the rest of this team. Backup Jeff Green (old and injury prone and at this point in his career he's just another guy)

SG: . Wade aka Fade. Dude has fallen off the cliff and it's even more sad than watching rose. At 35 years of age he looks like he belongs in that three on three league. Backup: JR Smith (another really old dude that has hit has fallen off the cliff.

PG: Rose ( It feels like he's 100 years old since he's been through so much but he's only 28 and has a little bit left in the tank. Dude is unfortunately already injured and as the #3 option right now he is a shell of his former self and it's very sad. Backup and potentially future starter Isaiah Thomas ( we just don't know what this guy is going to be after his hip injury which took him out for about 9 months since he won't be back until after the All Star break. He's a 29 year old midget coming off the worst injury of his career. He flourished under the great C's coaching/system and turned into a great offensive weapon. However, the combination of his age, injury and being the biggest defensive liability every time on the court I don't see him adding much but 15 ppg and 4 ast in this system with these players.

Coach: Meh average at best

So you have an aging superstar who's on the decline, an aging and injured 2 time all second team All NBA player in Love (2014 last great season), a nice defensive player at PF, two old and washed up injury prone players at SG and PG who are both backed up by old and injury prone guys as well. This team should be in a retirement/nursing home. They do have the old dude in Kover who stays healthy and once in a blue moon has a big shooting night from three point land then disappears for the next month or two.

After it's all said and done they will be lucky if 4 dudes aren't injured or out by the time the postseason starts and even if they're healthy they don't have the horses to compete with the Bucks who would run circles around those old dudes in a 7 game series. I thought my Celtics had a good shot before the injury now I see a clear path for the Bucks to be slaughtered by GS in the championship. lol

I can only hope the Cavs can somehow win it all and we can revisit this thread again and again

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBRON is playing out of his mind. He is having probably the best statistical season of his career.

This^

Honestly how can anyone question this guys drive. He is literally having his best year at an older age and so many years on those legs. He is simply a phenom. He is playing close to 40minutes a game as well. LBJ is the MVP if we ended the season now

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year might show a HEAVY Decline for Lebron especially when you see him up against the better teams. Still, Rose/IT are out. They aren't at full strength. Rose/IT will bring a lot. They will open up the floor, and put up points.

They will still make the finals and the East hasn't really improved, I dont know if they can win it though.

Lebron relies more on athleticism than he does solid fundamentals. Thats a big problem for him. I said it before, when Lebron declines it will be a pretty heavy decline unless he developed an unstoppable post up game/fadeaway like Jordan. he never did though.

Jordan was in heavy decline in his 30s but you really didn't see it because of how fundamentally skilled he was and his footwork/post up game which was impeccable. Lebron would still be the best in the game if he took lessons from MJ. He should have sought him out

How is that "heavy decline" going? He looks better than ever and his long range shot looks far better than MJ's ever did.

Better teams? you keep saying the East sucks even though overall it is up to par with the West.

No actually he doesn't just rely on his athleticism even though his athleticism is slowly declining it is still off the charts, his basketball IQ is just off the charts.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks better than ever and his long range shot looks far better than MJ's ever did.

I think DRo needs to regather his thoughts. LBJ is shooting over 40% trifectas this year. Just about every stat is up which is crazy. I dont like the dude on a personal level but the dude is the Tom Brady on the NBA

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Lebron ever face a force to the level of MJ's Bulls??.. No sorry Warriors aint as good. Dont even mention it. Jordan's Bulls would NEVER lose a 3-1 series lead Pal

You are right the Warriors overall as a team are better than any competition MJ has faced in the Finals EVER. Lebron has faced them 3 times, the last one was when they added KD, the first time was without Kyrie and Love. Kinda impossible to stop this team if they stay together.

Bojack_Horseman

Snowflake Melter Supreme
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of baseball players used to have their best seasons in their late 30s/early 40s too, but then MLB got tough on PEDs.

Bonds had his best OPS as a 39-year old.

Cal Ripken had his best season as a 38-year old.

That shit doesn't happen anymore.

But I applaud Bron for getting hair plugs and lowering his headband to mitigate the rumors. He might want to lay off the career high stats as a 40-year old stuff though....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of baseball players used to have their best seasons in their late 30s/early 40s too, but then MLB got tough on PEDs.

Bonds had his best OPS as a 39-year old.

Cal Ripken had his best season as a 38-year old.

That shit doesn't happen anymore.

But I applaud Bron for getting hair plugs and lowering his headband to mitigate the rumors. He might want to lay off the career high stats as a 40-year old stuff though....

Baseball is entirely different than basketball. Some players can play in their 50’s even. You will never see that in basketball or football

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is entirely different than basketball. Some players can play in their 50’s even. You will never see that in basketball or football

George Blanda played for the Raiders at age 48.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Blanda played for the Raiders at age 48.

As a kicker.

How old was he last time he played QB?

I would say the kicker and QB are the two football positions that don't have the same aging curves as the rest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a kicker.

How old was he last time he played QB?

I would say the kicker and QB are the two football positions that don't have the same aging curves as the rest.

I think he played a few plays at qb that season. I'm not 100% certain. I watched a few of the games and I vaguely remember him being in for a few plays because they knew it was his last season. I actually thought he was older when he retired.

Yeah, kickers and qbs definitely have different "shelf lifes" than other players. Still pretty amazing that someone could play that long, especially back then.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca said it the other day:

"PED's."

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brady is the best QB in NFL at age 40. In 8 years -- we'll see if Lebron is still at this level.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is the best QB in NFL at age 40. In 8 years -- we'll see if Lebron is still at this level.

He won't be.

But, thing is, people have been saying for the last 2 years that LeBron is declining, yet he keeps playing even better. Many have said signing LeBron to a 4 year deal this summer would be "too risky".

BS.

He is a generational player. He will still be among the best in the league if not the best for the next 2-3 years. LeBron may not even want to sign a long term deal, but if he does, the risk is almost nothing compared to the reward. Signing a guy like Paul George or DeMarcus Cousins is far riskier.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't be.

But, thing is, people have been saying for the last 2 years that LeBron is declining, yet he keeps playing even better. Many have said signing LeBron to a 4 year deal this summer would be "too risky".

BS.

He is a generational player. He will still be among the best in the league if not the best for the next 2-3 years. LeBron may not even want to sign a long term deal, but if he does, the risk is almost nothing compared to the reward. Signing a guy like Paul George or DeMarcus Cousins is far riskier.

meh, STILL pass...

mid 30's essentially now. unless you got a crystal ball you never know WHEN that drop-off's gonna occur...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, STILL pass...

mid 30's essentially now. unless you got a crystal ball you never know WHEN that drop-off's gonna occur...

A long term deal is a little risky with LeBron, but worth it for many teams. A short term deal has zero risk.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long term deal is a little risky with LeBron, but worth it for many teams. A short term deal has zero risk.

But that is my point.

Cousins and George aren't less risky because they are younger. George might not even be very good. Look at his career FG% numbers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is my point.

Cousins and George aren't less risky because they are younger. George might not even be very good. Look at his career FG% numbers.

Paul George is so overrated. Top 20 player but not close to being a superstar and don't think you're getting very far in the playoffs with him as your #1 guy

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George is so overrated. Top 20 player but not close to being a superstar and don't think you're getting very far in the playoffs with him as your #1 guy

This is 100% true but put him on the Lakers with LeBron, Kuzma, Ball, Ingram....WCF for sure.