• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assessment Of the Cavs Team

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many have them as the automatic winners of the East especially with Gordon Hayward out for the season, and the Wizards made no improvements. Not so fast

Team break down

Center: K love (borderline all star player, almost 30 years old, injury prone and slowly diminishing athletically but still good production when healthy. He's a good #3 on a championship caliber team but is now upgraded to the #2 spot at the moment. Backup Thomposon ( really good rebounded and hustler and that's about it).

PF: Crowder: ( solid defender and a nice role player/spot up shooter on offense. Backup Channing Frye ( at this moment in his career he should be lucky he's to be in the league).

SF: LBJ (33 years old and still a top 5 player but slowly declining). The most amazing attribute is his ability to stay healthy which is something I can't say for the rest of this team. Backup Jeff Green (old and injury prone and at this point in his career he's just another guy)

SG: . Wade aka Fade. Dude has fallen off the cliff and it's even more sad than watching rose. At 35 years of age he looks like he belongs in that three on three league. Backup: JR Smith (another really old dude that has hit has fallen off the cliff.

PG: Rose ( It feels like he's 100 years old since he's been through so much but he's only 28 and has a little bit left in the tank. Dude is unfortunately already injured and as the #3 option right now he is a shell of his former self and it's very sad. Backup and potentially future starter Isaiah Thomas ( we just don't know what this guy is going to be after his hip injury which took him out for about 9 months since he won't be back until after the All Star break. He's a 29 year old midget coming off the worst injury of his career. He flourished under the great C's coaching/system and turned into a great offensive weapon. However, the combination of his age, injury and being the biggest defensive liability every time on the court I don't see him adding much but 15 ppg and 4 ast in this system with these players.

Coach: Meh average at best

So you have an aging superstar who's on the decline, an aging and injured 2 time all second team All NBA player in Love (2014 last great season), a nice defensive player at PF, two old and washed up injury prone players at SG and PG who are both backed up by old and injury prone guys as well. This team should be in a retirement/nursing home. They do have the old dude in Kover who stays healthy and once in a blue moon has a big shooting night from three point land then disappears for the next month or two.

After it's all said and done they will be lucky if 4 dudes aren't injured or out by the time the postseason starts and even if they're healthy they don't have the horses to compete with the Bucks who would run circles around those old dudes in a 7 game series. I thought my Celtics had a good shot before the injury now I see a clear path for the Bucks to be slaughtered by GS in the championship. lol

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the Wiggy-esque 15,000 word post. Are we sure Dayne isn't Wiggy?

Actually, what the hell am I thinking, Wiggy would never be this real about the Cavs.

Not a bad post actually. Cleveland probably wins the shitty as hell East but it's no lock.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 small correction... Frye is not the backup PF, Jeff Green is. Frye is not in the rotation at all. Korver is the backup 3.

A lot hinges on IT... how healthy will he be when he returns and how will the process of integrating him into the team go? (Not sure why you think IT's age is a factor at all, though)

I think IT has a helluva a lot more to offer this team than you do... but I guess we'll see.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are still a good team and are the favorites in the East especially with the Hayward injury.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, what the hell am I thinking, Wiggy would never be this real about the Cavs.

Not a bad post actually. Cleveland probably wins the shitty as hell East but it's no lock.

They would be the #3 or #4 team in the West. I feel like one of these young Eastern Conference teams will be much better than last season. If the Bucks have Middleton and Parker in the postseason this year they would be a tough challenge.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are still a good team and are the favorites in the East especially with the Hayward injury.

They're still the champions until proven otherwise but the loss of Kyrie, age and injury concerns has this entire team on the decline and might be left with nothing after this season if LBJ takes whatever talents he has left to LA.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 small correction... Frye is not the backup PF, Jeff Green is. Frye is not in the rotation at all. Korver is the backup 3.

A lot hinges on IT... how healthy will he be when he returns and how will the process of integrating him into the team go? (Not sure why you think IT's age is a factor at all, though)

I think IT has a helluva a lot more to offer this team than you do... but I guess we'll see.

Cleveland Cavaliers 2018 Depth Chart - ESPN

According to their depth chart Frye is the #1 backup at PF and Green is the #2 backup at the PF.

IT was great as the #1 offensive player with a great system and coached that have a designed offense for him to be successful. Cavs don't run the same offense and IT won't be the #1 option anymore. I have no idea the extent or severity of the hip injury but given his age, height and amount of time he's missed I'd say it could be career ending or severly hampering his game. Considering the guy is the shortest starter in the game and depends on his explosiveness for many of his points if he loses just 10% of that explosiveness he might not ever be the same player just like Rose who's much taller.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Cavaliers 2018 Depth Chart - ESPN

According to their depth chart Frye is the #1 backup at PF and Green is the #2 backup at the PF.

IT was great as the #1 offensive player with a great system and coached that have a designed offense for him to be successful. Cavs don't run the same offense and IT won't be the #1 option anymore. I have no idea the extent or severity of the hip injury but given his age, height and amount of time he's missed I'd say it could be career ending or severly hampering his game. Considering the guy is the shortest starter in the game and depends on his explosiveness for many of his points if he loses just 10% of that explosiveness he might not ever be the same player just like Rose who's much taller.

Yeah, ESPN is wrong on that depth chart, or just hasn't updated it since the pre-season started.

3 games in Frye has only gotten minutes in garbage time. Jeff Green has been running with the 2nd unit as the 4-man. Pre-season was the same way.

Your questions on IT are very legitimate, especially regarding his injury and Brad Stevens system. So, I don't think your assessment is unfair. IT had success beyond expectations well before Brad Stevens entered the picture, though... and just the fact that his presence moves Rose (who's been the Cavs 2nd or 3rd best player so far) to the bench strengthens the Cavs. Just hope his injury doesn't hamper his season once he returns, which is of course a very valid concern.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. Maybe. They'd be in a group with the Rockets, Thunder, & Spurs.

Right now the power rankings have them at #4 behind the Warriors, Rockets, and Spurs. The Wizards are right behind the Cavs followed by the OKC, Raptors and the Bucks. I'm not impressed with the lineup of the OKC. A washed up Melo combined with the stat Pader in Westbrook will be an epic fail. Minnesota would beat them in a 7 game series in the playoffs.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many have them as the automatic winners of the East especially with Gordon Hayward out for the season, and the Wizards made no improvements. Not so fast

Team break down

Center: K love (borderline all star player, almost 30 years old, injury prone and slowly diminishing athletically but still good production when healthy. He's a good #3 on a championship caliber team but is now upgraded to the #2 spot at the moment. Backup Thomposon ( really good rebounded and hustler and that's about it).

PF: Crowder: ( solid defender and a nice role player/spot up shooter on offense. Backup Channing Frye ( at this moment in his career he should be lucky he's to be in the league).

SF: LBJ (33 years old and still a top 5 player but slowly declining). The most amazing attribute is his ability to stay healthy which is something I can't say for the rest of this team. Backup Jeff Green (old and injury prone and at this point in his career he's just another guy)

SG: . Wade aka Fade. Dude has fallen off the cliff and it's even more sad than watching rose. At 35 years of age he looks like he belongs in that three on three league. Backup: JR Smith (another really old dude that has hit has fallen off the cliff.

PG: Rose ( It feels like he's 100 years old since he's been through so much but he's only 28 and has a little bit left in the tank. Dude is unfortunately already injured and as the #3 option right now he is a shell of his former self and it's very sad. Backup and potentially future starter Isaiah Thomas ( we just don't know what this guy is going to be after his hip injury which took him out for about 9 months since he won't be back until after the All Star break. He's a 29 year old midget coming off the worst injury of his career. He flourished under the great C's coaching/system and turned into a great offensive weapon. However, the combination of his age, injury and being the biggest defensive liability every time on the court I don't see him adding much but 15 ppg and 4 ast in this system with these players.

Coach: Meh average at best

So you have an aging superstar who's on the decline, an aging and injured 2 time all second team All NBA player in Love (2014 last great season), a nice defensive player at PF, two old and washed up injury prone players at SG and PG who are both backed up by old and injury prone guys as well. This team should be in a retirement/nursing home. They do have the old dude in Kover who stays healthy and once in a blue moon has a big shooting night from three point land then disappears for the next month or two.

After it's all said and done they will be lucky if 4 dudes aren't injured or out by the time the postseason starts and even if they're healthy they don't have the horses to compete with the Bucks who would run circles around those old dudes in a 7 game series. I thought my Celtics had a good shot before the injury now I see a clear path for the Bucks to be slaughtered by GS in the championship. lol

Could you have more errors in your analysis lol

Klove is almost 30 - No he is 29 same age as Durant and Curry

Crowder back up is green

LBJ is 32 not 33...Slowly declining = only player to avergae a triple double in finals history?

Wade will be fine come playoffs in short bursts just like 33 year old Igadollar

Coach doesn't matter

To compete with the bucks? LMAO...The bucks will be lucky to win a game...The fact that you thought the celtics had a good shot shows how dumb you are...I haven't looked through your old posts but you probably said something very similar last year, about them being old and not making the finals, lebron declining etc

No mention of the possible unprotected #1 pick that may land another star if traded

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be the #3 or #4 team in the West. I feel like one of these young Eastern Conference teams will be much better than last season. If the Bucks have Middleton and Parker in the postseason this year they would be a tough challenge.

Sure they would kiddo, remember how many of those great teams even won a game off GS last year in the playoffs?

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they would kiddo, remember how many of those great teams even won a game off GS last year in the playoffs?
to be fair, Spurs up 23 in the 3rd before Kawhi went down. Just saying. They would have if not for the injury, but we knew that.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is simple to refute. Spurs series looked like the Spurs had a legit chance to win before the Kawhi injury. Houston never played GS and they upgraded their team with CP3 and OKC upgraded their squad with PG and Melo.

Yawn, next please

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you have more errors in your analysis lol

Klove is almost 30 - No he is 29 same age as Durant and Curry

Crowder back up is green

LBJ is 32 not 33...Slowly declining = only player to avergae a triple double in finals history?

Wade will be fine come playoffs in short bursts just like 33 year old Igadollar

Coach doesn't matter

To compete with the bucks? LMAO...The bucks will be lucky to win a game...The fact that you thought the celtics had a good shot shows how dumb you are...I haven't looked through your old posts but you probably said something very similar last year, about them being old and not making the finals, lebron declining etc

No mention of the possible unprotected #1 pick that may land another star if traded

K love is almost 30 and with his performance drop and injuries he's well on his way to the 30 wall.

LBJ is 33 in 2 months. His athleticism is declining but not so much his production. However, when you have dudes like Harden and Westbrook averaging over a triple double for an entire season it makes the finals triple double seem less impressive.

Wade is completely washed up. Stick a fork in his ass he's done.

Saying the coach doesn't matter just shows how stupid you truly are.

Bucks almost won a playoff series last year without their #2 and #3 options. That's 35 points missing from Middleton and Parker and they were starting a rookie at PG. Bucks would run the Cavs old ass out of the gym.

The C's won one game in the series last season with backup PG Smart destroying your team. Now they had Hayward and Kyrie. Hell you guys beat them by one bucket this year with Hayward out for all but six minutes (Wich they were winning when he was playing).

You're being major Homer. Stop drinking the LeBron koolaid for one moment.

I had the Cavs in the finals last season because they still had young Kyrie. Now they lost him and added a bunch of old and injury prone players. They have taken a major step back while the rest of the East is catching up.

The number 1 pick you received will be nice when LBJ wins. Good luck rebuilding next year and good luck making back to the finals this year after losing a superstar in Kyrie and adding a bunch of has been.

Next

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A truly solid effort. But it's only 1 post. Wiggy was all about the stamina.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLEE SHIT!!

GreatDayne has managed to make lbj23 look smart. :shocked:

raw

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm continually proven right with logic, statistical analysis, historical references and citing other players opinions.

So will you morons like to eat crow now or later? I'll serve it with a side of sour grapes.

Cavs will enjoy having 2-3 players injured for the postseason and their age will show in the postseason. Your biggest weakness will always show in the playoffs and age/injuries is their weakness.

Booked

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm continually proven right with logic, statistical analysis, historical references and citing other players opinions.

So will you morons like to eat crow now or later? I'll serve it with a side of sour grapes.

Cavs will enjoy having 2-3 players injured for the postseason and their age will show in the postseason. Your biggest weakness will always show in the playoffs and age/injuries is their weakness.

Booked

With a tip of the cap to @ChiefsLakers67 :yo:

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound: