• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assessment Of the Cavs Team

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain to me why Lue insists on trapping the ball handler on every single mother fucking play??

The players are putting maximum effort into the defensive gameplan, its just a shitty gameplan that ends with the other team's big wide open under the basket, and one of the Cavs guards rotating from his man at the 3 point line to try and protect the rim. They get their choice of a shot at the rim over a guard or a wide open kickout for 3.

Because it worked against the Warriors in 2016 when Barnes clanked all those shots, so Lue assumes it should work against everybody all the time.

When you only have 1 method of guarding pick and roll, it will get exposed by NBA teams.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team needs their leader and clutch scorer Kyrie back ASAP. They literally have scrubs after LBJ. Make the Cavs Great Again and start from scratch.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont play D. They didn't play much D last year either but because they were so offensively more stacked than any other team they got through. This year not the case

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are okay. Everyone needs to relax.

LEBRON is playing out of his mind. He is having probably the best statistical season of his career.

If the rest of the guys are struggling, they can be easily replaced by other random roleplayer dudes.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are okay. Everyone needs to relax.

LEBRON is playing out of his mind. He is having probably the best statistical season of his career.

If the rest of the guys are struggling, they can be easily replaced by other random roleplayer dudes.

There have been a few games this season that left me concerned about the Cavs. Last night was not one of them.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a few games this season that left me concerned about the Cavs. Last night was not one of them.

That was a good showing versus a good team.

Not much the CAVS can do when the referees decided that any breathing on Houston was a foul.

When you are (-22) at the line, and lose by 4 on the road. It is actually a quality effort.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much the CAVS can do when the referees decided that any breathing on Houston was a foul.

When you are (-22) at the line, and lose by 4 on the road. It is actually a quality effort.

I'm glad someone else said it. Couldn't agree more.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Green had another one of those nights like he had in Boston where everything went down and he was the league MVP for a night.

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Green had another one of those nights like he had in Boston where everything went down and he was the league MVP for a night.

No one can put up random out-of-nowhere scoring outputs like Jeff Green can.

Jeff Green has had more 35+ point games (7) than Kawhi Leonard (6), Gordon Hayward (5), and Marc Gasol (5).

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say everyone sucks right now but both the Cavs and Warriors are looking bad. Did the rest of the NBA catch up over one season or is this just a slow start or perhaps a combination of both?
Um no. You can't lump GS & the Cavs in the same category when one is at the top of the NBA while the other is at the bottom. They are NOT in the same place regardless of the sample size.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a slow start. It happens quite a bit. Miami started 11-30 last year and ended at 41-41. It's a marathon. Everyone gets off to slow starts. The difference is whether or not everyone continues said slow start the entire season or perks up and makes long playoff/title runs. It's how the season goes every year...
I wouldn't say it's how it goes every year or that it happens to every team. Last year the Warriors started the season better than they did this season. And that was the first year with KD.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um no. You can't lump GS & the Cavs in the same category when one is at the top of the NBA while the other is at the bottom. They are NOT in the same place regardless of the sample size.

When @Great Dayne posted that on Oct 26th it was accurate.

Since then, Warriors have put their poor start behind them. Cavs haven't.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jeff Green has had more 35+ point games (7) than Kawhi Leonard (6), Gordon Hayward (5), and Marc Gasol (5).
I think he's what made that trade worth doing, honestly. From the start he's been a shining star for them. It's just too bad the rest of the team can't cohesively produce as effectively right now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many does Tristan have?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a Cavs fan it a cause for a concern without a doubt. I love Rose and am concerned. I was hoping he would finally get that championship (or at least be in contention with a finals appearance and who knows what happens) after all the lousy injuries over the last 4-5 years. Its SUCKED to be a Rose fan. And now hes injured again.

The cause of concern is they are giving up like 110-120 points on a NIGHTLY basis to good and lousy teams.. You basically have no shot of winning a championship playing like this. We all seen how that worked out for the Suns in the 2000's. Hell, they couldn't even make it out of their own conference.

Cavs wont make it out of the East if this is the defensive intensity they are going to play. Not one guy on that team is playing any D. They hardly played D last year as well and as soon as they played a quality team in the Warriors they just got TOYED with. Now they're defense is even worse this year.

Sure Lebron is gangbusters on offense but what good is it when hes getting beaten to the basket 9 times out of 10 and they can't get a stop? Nothing,

Bottom line, Lue needs to go. Its obvious this guy is just another D'antoni. Completely clueless about defense. You can't win playing on one end of the court. Team needs a new coach and bring in some defensive minded players who can patch this big ass crater in the team of no defense.

And never mind the Warriors, they won't beat ANY West team in the finals if this is the D they are bringing. The Rockets, Spurs, etc. would all just make it a quick series.

Lebron will get his points, but it won't matter if theres no D. If they were playing in the West, hell they probably wouldn't even Make the playoffs at this rate

Last edited:

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are playing as one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA vs poor teams. An addition of IT a terrible defensive player isn't going to make their defense any better and if anything it will be worse. They are who they are right now. Unless Wade LeBron, Rose, Smith IT, etc all jump in the hot tub time machine and become 5 years younger this team won't magically become a .600+ team.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the type of sports assessment we can count on at Spoortshoopla?