• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assessment Of the Cavs Team

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron’s 23 made FG are the most since Kobe made 22 in his final game.

Lebron took 16 less shots.

Different circumstances but still worth noting.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow great game from Lebron

57 points
11 rebounds
7 assists
3 steals
3 blocks
67.6%

Giving up another ridiculous scoring binge from an opposing team though. They aren't going anywhere (maybe not even out of the East with this defense. They've been giving up like 110-115 points a night. No defensive minded coaches anywhere to be found?

This sums up why everyone thinks you are a clown.

LeBron is about the only thing good about Cleveland's start. He showed last night that he is still capable of completely dominating a game and almost single handedly beating one of the top East teams on their home court. The bad losss are irrelevant, because when LeBron wants to win a game, he goes and gets it. He can still do that against anybody in the East.

He is not in rapid decline. He is not the unskilled athlete you try to paint him to be. LeBron's career trajectory actually looks a lot like Jordan's in terms of skill development and he is still the best player in the league despite the fact that he isn't the game's most explosive athlete anymore.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, Cavs suck vs garbage teams and perform well vs good teams. That's the trend so far.

Also why their start shouldn't really be all that concerning. They aren't good enough to beat bad teams when they are disinterested, but they can beat almost anybody when they are dialed in.

The real concern should be that if leBron needs to work this hard to get regular season wins, he won't have much left come May and June.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real concern should be that if leBron needs to work this hard to get regular season wins, he won't have much left come May and June.

That's what I was thinking when I saw that line. Lebron had to put up those numbers for them to win by 8? If he just had a normal "Lebron game" they get blown out again.

That doesn't bode well for him having much left for the playoffs.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sums up why everyone thinks you are a clown.

LeBron is about the only thing good about Cleveland's start. He showed last night that he is still capable of completely dominating a game and almost single handedly beating one of the top East teams on their home court. The bad losss are irrelevant, because when LeBron wants to win a game, he goes and gets it. He can still do that against anybody in the East.

He is not in rapid decline. He is not the unskilled athlete you try to paint him to be. LeBron's career trajectory actually looks a lot like Jordan's in terms of skill development and he is still the best player in the league despite the fact that he isn't the game's most explosive athlete anymore.

Rose playing well helps. Thats a good thing. If Rose didn't put up 20 last night, Cavs don't win either.

And yes, Lebron is in decline. Its EASY to say because his consistency is not what it was and hes been around, 15-16 seasons already. Who in their 15th-16th season would;t be in a decline exactly??? Sure, hes gonna have an unreal game like this once in a well but to expect him to bring something like this even a few times out of the season much less nightly. Forget it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, Lebron is in decline. Its EASY to say because his consistency is not what it was and hes been around, 15-16 seasons already. Who in their 15th-16th season would;t be in a decline exactly??? Sure, hes gonna have an unreal game like this once in a well but to expect him to bring something like this even a few times out of the season much less nightly. Forget it.

Yes and no. There is no question that Lebron is in decline. He's 32 and has more mileage on his body than even Kobe did at the same age. He's not as explosive and has to settle more for jump shots than he used to. He was smart enough, like MJ and Kobe before him, to know it was coming and he prepared. Which is why he is still the best player in the game.

Having said that, his inconsistency is by design (for lack of a better term). He will be taking games off, both on and off the court, throughout the season to preserve his energy for the playoffs.

I have little doubt that, if he wanted to, Lebron could put together the same kinds of regular seasons that he was just a couple of years ago. But he knows that if he did, he wouldn't have much left for the playoffs and that would make the Cavs stay a short one.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no. There is no question that Lebron is in decline. He's 32 and has more mileage on his body than even Kobe did at the same age. He's not as explosive and has to settle more for jump shots than he used to. He was smart enough, like MJ and Kobe before him, to know it was coming and he prepared. Which is why he is still the best player in the game.

Having said that, his inconsistency is by design (for lack of a better term). He will be taking games off, both on and off the court, throughout the season to preserve his energy for the playoffs.

I have little doubt that, if he wanted to, Lebron could put together the same kinds of regular seasons that he was just a couple of years ago. But he knows that if he did, he wouldn't have much left for the playoffs and that would make the Cavs stay a short one.

Well I don't know if hes still the best in the game (When you consider both ends of the court, Lebron mainly only plays on one end of the court these days which helps his offense but he and the Cavs have sucked on D for a while now. Not just this year) But agree with what you just said.

I think its gonna come down to defense ultimately.. Cavs are still great offensively but if they continue to play no D, they probably wont make it out of the East this year, much less even win a game in the finals. Like last year. Trying to outscore teams isn't going to win you a 'ship. Just ask the 2000's Suns. Gotta play D. Offense is only one part of the equation

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose playing well helps. Thats a good thing. If Rose didn't put up 20 last night, Cavs don't win either.

Really?

LeBron's stats so far this year:

29.1 PPG- highest since 2010
7.7 RBG- .4 above his career average
8.7 Asst- equals a career best
1.3 steals- under career average of 1.6
1.2 blocks- career best
61.0% FG- career best
38.9 3 PT%- 2nd best of his career
82.6 FT% - career best

I know I am using simple stats here, but he is only below his career average in steals and is literally on pace to set new career highs in 4 of the 8 stats listed.

LOL at your "regression" claims. He isn't an all league defender anymore, but let's not act like he is a liability there either. It is an extremely small sample size, but if he ends the season with his current numbers it would definitely be the best statistical season of his career.

In other words, wrong.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

LeBron's stats so far this year:

29.1 PPG- highest since 2010
7.7 RBG- .4 above his career average
8.7 Asst- equals a career best
1.3 steals- under career average of 1.6
1.2 blocks- career best
61.0% FG- career best
38.9 3 PT%- 2nd best of his career
82.6 FT% - career best

I know I am using simple stats here, but he is only below his career average in steals and is literally on pace to set new career highs in 4 of the 8 stats listed.

LOL at your "regression" claims. He isn't an all league defender anymore, but let's not act like he is a liability there either. It is an extremely small sample size, but if he ends the season with his current numbers it would definitely be the best statistical season of his career.

In other words, wrong.

:rolleyes2: Its only been a few games bud. He is also having to carry the entire load this year with Rose injured the first few games, Love in decline, Wade looking like hes 65 instead of 35 and IT still out. It won't last.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes2: Its only been a few games bud. He is also having to carry the entire load this year with Rose injured the first few games, Love in decline, Wade looking like hes 65 instead of 35 and IT still out. It won't last.

You are saying he is in obvious decline.

He isn't as explosive, but he has added skills to his game that make up for it. Much like Jordan did in the late 90s. Physical decline does not mean he is a worse player.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are saying he is in obvious decline.

He isn't as explosive, but he has added skills to his game that make up for it. Much like Jordan did in the late 90s. Physical decline does not mean he is a worse player.

Yes it does nimrod . Less Explosion, speed, athleticism= obvious DECLINE.

And how about the fact he plays almost NO defense anymore. If he had to play D (the team doesn't either too which is why they are struggling along with Rose being injured the first few games and IT is still out ), his offensive numbers would take a shit even more

tenor.gif

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does nimrod . Less Explosion, speed, athleticism= obvious DECLINE.

And how about the fact he plays almost NO defense anymore. If he had to play D (the team doesn't either too which is why they are struggling along with Rose being injured the first few games and IT is still out ), his offensive numbers would take a shit even more

tenor.gif

LOL.

Wrong. You calling me a nimrod is rich.

Less athleticism + more skill and knowledge = similar results. Facts are on my side here. All you have is your eye test, and you have proven over time to:

A: not know what you are talking about
B: be ridiculously biased

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Wrong. You calling me a nimrod is rich.

Less athleticism + more skill and knowledge = similar results. Facts are on my side here. All you have is your eye test, and you have proven over time to:

A: not know what you are talking about
B: be ridiculously biased

Oh this nonsense. Ask Jordan if the 33 year old "more knowledgable" Version could hang with the 28-29 year old version. ROFLMAO. Fact is, NO PLAYER in their 15th season or whatever can hang with their peak version..

I Have yet to see a player in their 30s that can hang with the version in their 20s. LeHype is no different. sorry.. Decline is Decline. No sugar coating this

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh this nonsense. Ask Jordan if the 33 year old "more knowledgable" Version could hang with the 28-29 year old version. ROFLMAO. Fact is, NO PLAYER in their 15th season or whatever can hang with their peak version..

I Have yet to see a player in their 30s that can hang with the version in their 20s. LeHype is no different. sorry.. Decline is Decline. No sugar coating this

Yet, you still claim he isn't even top 10 all time.

I am not claiming 33 year old LeBron as dominant as 29 year old LeBron. But, it isn't as far off as you want to make people think. Your posts make it seem as if he has fallen off a cliff. Clearly and obviously that isn't true based on the facts I have provided. All you have is your own misguided opinion.

Name 1 player in the history of modern basketball who was still in the conversation for league's best player at 33?

I will make it real easy for you. The only 1 was Jordan. That automatically discredits all the haters like you who say he is overrated.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, you still claim he isn't even top 10 all time.

I am not claiming 33 year old LeBron as dominant as 29 year old LeBron. But, it isn't as far off as you want to make people think. Your posts make it seem as if he has fallen off a cliff. Clearly and obviously that isn't true based on the facts I have provided. All you have is your own misguided opinion.

Name 1 player in the history of modern basketball who was still in the conversation for league's best player at 33?

I will make it real easy for you. The only 1 was Jordan. That automatically discredits all the haters like you who say he is overrated.

No I dont think hes top 10.... 3-5 in NBA finals and SEVEN of those finals on stacked teams? Its not top 10 worthy

Lets think about this for a minute. Hes been on a stacked team for the overwhelming MAJORITY of his finals appearances and couldn't even maintain a winning record.. Its top 15 worthy.. Not top 10

Under the circumstances, should he be able to maintain at least a WINNING record in the finals considering this???

Hell even Hakeem with BUMS could maintain a winning finals record. ROFLMAO

And in fact, 2 of the 3 finals wins, he LUCKED OUT. Ray Allen Miracle shot, Injured to Bogut and Curry the other. he SHOULD be 1-7

You put any of my top 10 on Lebron's teams over the last 7 years, they would at the very LEAST keep a winning finals record

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a rapidly declining 33 year old who is averaging 29, 8 and 9, has won 3 titles and 4 MVPs isn't a top 5 all time player?

Got it.

Your arguments are contradictory and you can't even see it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I dont think hes top 10.... 3-5 in NBA finals and SEVEN of those finals on stacked teams? Its not top 10 worthy

Lets think about this for a minute. Hes been on a stacked team for the overwhelming MAJORITY of his finals appearances and couldn't even maintain a winning record.. Its top 15 worthy.. Not top 10

Under the circumstances, should he be able to maintain at least a WINNING record in the finals considering this???

Hell even Hakeem with BUMS could maintain a winning finals record. ROFLMAO

And in fact, 2 of the 3 finals wins, he LUCKED OUT. Ray Allen Miracle shot, Injured to Bogut and Curry the other. he SHOULD be 1-7

You put any of my top 10 on Lebron's teams over the last 7 years, they would at the very LEAST keep a winning finals record

Hakeem only made the Finals twice in his prime and played the Knicks and the baby Magic. Of course he has a winning record. Your complete and utter failure to consider context is pretty hilarious.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rockets had made the Finals in 93 and 96 and lost to the Bulls, Hakeem would have a 2-3 Finals record. But, they weren't even good enough to make it there. If he were 2-3 that would not be a stain on his legacy, it would be an enhancement.