• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assessment Of the Cavs Team

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Rose will last the whole season. You said they won't all 3 be healthy at the same time. Cavs have more than 3 guards.

Although JR Swish is old he doesn't have a big history of too many injuries as Rose and Wade. I was just talking about Rose, Wade, and IT. I assume at least one will be out and another will be playing very hurt for the postseason. LBJ at 33 can't carry that old team. Maybe 25 year old LBJ but not 33 year old LBJ.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although JR Swish is old he doesn't have a big history of too many injuries as Rose and Wade. I was just talking about Rose, Wade, and IT. I assume at least one will be out and another will be playing very hurt for the postseason. LBJ at 33 can't carry that old team. Maybe 25 year old LBJ but not 33 year old LBJ.

So your bold prediction is that one of the three (all have history of injuries) will be injured by the time an 82 game season is over? Way to go out on a limb. Can you tell me the lottery numbers for Saturday?

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your bold prediction is that one of the three (all have history of injuries) will be injured by the time an 82 game season is over? Way to go out on a limb. Can you tell me the lottery numbers for Saturday?

Here's some numbers for you:

Rose is averaging 46 games played over the last five seasons
Wade is averaging 64 games played over the last five seasons

So Wade plays just over 75% of the games and Rose plays just over 55% of a season games. Multiple times Rose has been knocked out for the season. Majority of their major injuries come in the second half of the season.

With all this being said there's a high probability of at least one of these gentlemen being injured later in the season or out during the playoffs. For both to be out for the playoffs I would say that's lower odds say 1/4 probability.

Now the wild card is IT. Being that he's 29, small player that relies on his explosiveness and this hip injury took him out for nearly one year it's a big ? if he'll ever be the same player he was. Will this hip injury have a high probability of being re-aggravated ? I do not know since I haven't looked into statistics of players with this same injury and reoccurring hip injuries.

If I were to bet on this I would put my chips on one being out for the entire postseason, one playing injured and IT being present but not getting half the production he used to in Boston.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT and Wade will both play in playoffs. And contribute.

For IT, it will depend on what's really wrong with his hip. Haven't heard much definitive about it. If it's a degenerative thing (like Bo Jackson), he will struggle with it for the rest of his career. If not, he should be fine and a big contributor in the playoffs.

Wade is a little more sketchy. There is not only the issue of him being fairly injury prone over the last few years, there's also the fact that he's old and has a lot of mileage on his body. If the Cavs can't get him enough rest throughout the season, even if he is healthy in the playoffs, he may not have much left in the tank.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm continually proven right with logic, statistical analysis, historical references and citing other players opinions.

So will you morons like to eat crow now or later? I'll serve it with a side of sour grapes.

Cavs will enjoy having 2-3 players injured for the postseason and their age will show in the postseason. Your biggest weakness will always show in the playoffs and age/injuries is their weakness.

Booked

giphy.gif

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst team Lebron's been on since 07 and now he's just too old to put this team on his back. Are you kidding me, the Pelicans destroyed them tonight. Hilarious

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at this monkey who's a fan of the Cavs and the Lakers.

Meanwhile the Cavs continue to suck and are losing to the Pelicans.

Yawn, next please

Bro it's 6 games in and they are 3-3, calm down

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year might show a HEAVY Decline for Lebron especially when you see him up against the better teams. Still, Rose/IT are out. They aren't at full strength. Rose/IT will bring a lot. They will open up the floor, and put up points.

They will still make the finals and the East hasn't really improved, I dont know if they can win it though.

Lebron relies more on athleticism than he does solid fundamentals. Thats a big problem for him. I said it before, when Lebron declines it will be a pretty heavy decline unless he developed an unstoppable post up game/fadeaway like Jordan. he never did though.

Jordan was in heavy decline in his 30s but you really didn't see it because of how fundamentally skilled he was and his footwork/post up game which was impeccable. Lebron would still be the best in the game if he took lessons from MJ. He should have sought him out

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue is a shit coach too however. Team doesn't play D underneath him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year might show a HEAVY Decline for Lebron especially when you see him up against the better teams. Still, Rose/IT are out. They aren't at full strength. Rose/IT will bring a lot. They will open up the floor, and put up points.

They will still make the finals and the East hasn't really improved, I dont know if they can win it though.

Lebron relies more on athleticism than he does solid fundamentals. Thats a big problem for him. I said it before, when Lebron declines it will be a pretty heavy decline unless he developed an unstoppable post up game/fadeaway like Jordan. he never did though.

Jordan was in heavy decline in his 30s but you really didn't see it because of how fundamentally skilled he was and his footwork/post up game which was impeccable. Lebron would still be the best in the game if he took lessons from MJ. He should have sought him out

So MJ was in "heavy" decline in his 30's even though he led the league in scoring & age 32, 33 & 34? Can you be a little more inaccurate?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So MJ was in "heavy" decline in his 30's even though he led the league in scoring & age 32, 33 & 34? Can you be a little more inaccurate?

Compared to his peak 20s? Yea.. Nowhere NEAR as good as he was during the first 3 peat and fast and athletic as he was in the late 80s. . He just developed that unstoppable midrange post fadeaway

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to his peak 20s? Yea.. Nowhere NEAR as good as he was during the first 3 peat and fast and athletic as he was in the late 80s. . He just developed that unstoppable midrange post fadeaway

Now this is a damn funny comment. Name an athlete in any sport that wasn't caught cheating or wasn't suspected of cheating that was better in their 30's athletically than in their 20's. My goodness you say some stupid shit sometimes.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is a damn funny comment. Name an athlete in any sport that wasn't caught cheating or wasn't suspected of cheating that was better in their 30's athletically than in their 20's. My goodness you say some stupid shit sometimes.

. if MJ didn't have that unstoppable fadeaway in his 30s he wouldn't have been the best in the game at the time and his scoring numbers would have dropped down significantly to the low 20ppg. As his lost a lot of his speed and athleticism. You were probably too young to watch MJ anyways. You just spout numbers but its WHY he got those numbers. Because of the fadeaway which he used like 80-90 percent of the time in his later years

Once again, why I said, Lebron needed to develop the unstoppable fadeaway. Your athleticism/speed/explosiveness only lasts so long. You gotta find something to offset it like Jordan did.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. if MJ didn't have that unstoppable fadeaway in his 30s he wouldn't have been the best in the game at the time and his scoring numbers would have dropped down significantly to the low 20ppg. As his lost a lot of his speed and athleticism. You were probably too young to watch MJ anyways. You just spout numbers but its WHY he got those numbers. Because of the fadeaway which he used like 80-90 percent of the time in his later years

Once again, why I said, Lebron needed to develop the unstoppable fadeaway. Your athleticism/speed/explosiveness only lasts so long. You gotta find something to offset it like Jordan did.

Too young to watch MJ play? I watched Bird & Magic play. You say really foolish stuff way too often. And as far as your biased opinions on anything in an NBA thread I laugh & the majority of garbage you post.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too young to watch MJ play? I watched Bird & Magic play. You say really foolish stuff way too often. And as far as your biased opinions on anything in an NBA thread I laugh & the majority of garbage you post.

What is biased about my posting exactly? Jordan's career was almost over by the late 90s. Hence, heavy decline when compared to his peak 20 year old years. As stated, most of his offensive game in his final years was just a post up/Fadeway game if you truly watched him. Take that away and he was a 20ppg player from 96-98. He developed it because he knew he had to. Lebron should have done the same

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is biased about my posting exactly? Jordan's career was almost over by the late 90s. Hence, heavy decline when compared to his peak 20 year old years. As stated, most of his offensive game in his final years was just a post up/Fadeway game if you truly watched him. Take that away and he was a 20ppg player from 96-98. He developed it because he knew he had to. Lebron should have done the same

but but LBJ has high B-ball IQ. lol Lebron just does the same chit every year. Take 4 steps, charge into the lane and bulldoze over people then chuck shit up and hope for a foul or a person to be wide open at the 3 point land to bail him out.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two months from now when the cavs are still playing like this what will be the Cavs fans excuses??

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good result against the 0 and 3 Knicks. Interesting to see how they address the defensive woes. Love is not going to handle the big men for sure. Wade and Rose dont really have the speed anymore. Perhaps they are actively shopping that Nets pick