• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As of Today is A-Rod a Hall of Famer?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, when was the last time you were bitching about how NFL players should be banned, or going on some rant about NFL players cheating? Hell, the NFL players union won't even agree to test for HGH, talk about turning a blind eye! MLB was infested with steroids in the late 90's, no one says otherwise. But in the last handful of years the players union has agreed to more advance testing, and testing for HGH. They have taken steps in the right direction, things like this don't change over night. I feel very confident when I say the percentage of users in MLB has dropped a lot since 99. People will continue to try to get away with things in every sport til the end of time. But as of today, I'd be willing to bet anything there are far less players in the MLB using than in the NFL. (I know there are more NFL players, saying percentage wise) However, you get guys that love the NFL watch every sunday, but will come out and say, "I can't even watch baseball anymore with all these players cheating"

Not totally directing all this at you, just becomes tiresome hearing everyone bitch about baseball, then go throw an NFL jersey on.

I could go off on a rant that no one talks about, how the concussions in the NFL are such a huge problem. I would say steroids not only cause a lot of those concussions, but the side effects that everyone is saying is the result of concussions, are also the same side effects of certain steroid usage. BUT not one person even brings that up, WHY?

I've already said I don't care what the sport is. If a players is caught using PED's they should suffer harsh consequences for their actions. In the 90's all teams knew PED's were being used & they didn't care one bit. Steroids don't cause concussions, hits to the head do. Professional athletes are going to cheat. They want the money & fame that comes with performing at a high level. I don't believe any of the major sports will ever be clean. I'd just like to see those caught pay a heavy price for their actions.

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

Demetrios37

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Someone let Gaylord Perry, Don Sutton, Ty Cobb, and a great number of others that they're no longer welcome in the Hall.

How about other sports? Dyou have similar problems with players in other sports cheating by using PEDs? Because then you'd probably have to stop watching the Chargers since the majority of the roster is on something. Should Junior Seau have his number un-retired? I'd be absolutely stunned if he didn't use steroids or another type of PED at some point in his career.

Why do you begrudge these guys trying to make as much money as they can, by the way?

Dude you gotta stop it. There is proof that A Rod (and Braun) used P.E.D's for years and it's logical to assume that Braun's $100 million contract and A Rod's TWO $250 million contracts were the result of their cheating. Even if you argue that PED's weren't banned when he signed the 1st contract they were definitely for the 2nd.

Until there is proof that players in other sports used PED's your argument is just a desperate attempt to exonerate A Roid by arguing "they all do it" But the truth is, despite your wishes and opinion, they don't all do it.

And yes, IT IS ABOUT THE MONEY. Any idiot knows it's always about the money.

Demetrios37

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could go off on a rant that no one talks about, how the concussions in the NFL are such a huge problem. I would say steroids not only cause a lot of those concussions, but the side effects that everyone is saying is the result of concussions, are also the same side effects of certain steroid usage. BUT not one person even brings that up, WHY?

You certainly could go off on that rant but it would be ignored. Multiple concussions cause post concussion stress disorder (similar to PTSD) and yes people can end up killing themselves and others. I don't think steroids have that affect unless professional bodybuilders from back in the day are dying in large numbers and I don't know it.

Demetrios37

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, when was the last time you were bitching about how NFL players should be banned, or going on some rant about NFL players cheating? Hell, the NFL players union won't even agree to test for HGH, talk about turning a blind eye! MLB was infested with steroids in the late 90's, no one says otherwise. But in the last handful of years the players union has agreed to more advance testing, and testing for HGH. They have taken steps in the right direction, things like this don't change over night. I feel very confident when I say the percentage of users in MLB has dropped a lot since 99. People will continue to try to get away with things in every sport til the end of time. But as of today, I'd be willing to bet anything there are far less players in the MLB using than in the NFL. (I know there are more NFL players, saying percentage wise) However, you get guys that love the NFL watch every sunday, but will come out and say, "I can't even watch baseball anymore with all these players cheating"

Not totally directing all this at you, just becomes tiresome hearing everyone bitch about baseball, then go throw an NFL jersey on.

I have a hard time believing that A-Rod wouldn't have been a great player without steroids.

Without steroids, I'd speculate he'd have been a more powerful version of Jeter, only better defensively. No way he would have approached HR records, but still an all-time great nonetheless.

Pure speculation, but I think this is pretty reasonable. PEDs aren't magic.

I'm sure he would have been very good but Great? Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens were great before they started with the PED's. It's pretty clear when certain players began using PED's because of the career resurgence experienced by Roger Clemens types or the jump in numbers by a Barry Bonds.

There is evidence that Alex Rodriguez has been juicing his ENTIRE career, even before he joined the Mariners.

Add to that the man has BREASTS and it's obvious he has been taking steroids/PEDs for a LOOOONG TIME. Why you are suspicious of MLB's intentions in going after him is puzzling to me because A ROD's entire career is a fraud and he has gotten over to the tune of $500 million dollars.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the one side most people dont bring up enough? I agree A Roid has juiced his entire career. His purple lips were the key, that wasnt lipstick. I also agree A Roid has fleeced 500 million out of teams for his baseball career, but what has PED's actually done for baseball? there are billion dollar stadiums in new york, the value of baseball has exceeded anyone's dreams. They have whored the numbers when they were in their favor, but now Selig wants to solidify his place in baseball history and decides to show he is doing something to clean up the league. What offense is this for arod? He denied, denied, denied, then he admitted to doing it in college back in 2009, admitted the 250 million dollar contract in texas forced him to continue, but was never suspended for any of that. This is not A Roid getting caught, this is a roid getting caught after thumbing his nose at baseball, now whines about teaching his daughters to do things right. Yes, his daughters who will never know want until they make a stand against him sometime and leave, so him teaching them right and wrong NOW?

For me, its lifetime, the only good thing about making the yankees take him back in 2015 is to watch him just like we did in last years playoffs, impotent.

oh, and none of these guys should see the hall of fame without buying a ticket, at least until pete rose is enshrined, probably 5 years after he dies.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodriguez is a cheat - and should be banned for life from the MLB. Pete Rose got banned for far less then this miserable piece of shit - Are you fucking kidding me? Sorry, but I don't think any player from the block of steroid users should be permitted to be in the hall of fame - Everyone should be banned from life - unless you are going to create a new catagory for liars and cheats

MattyM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodriguez is a cheat - and should be banned for life from the MLB. Pete Rose got banned for far less then this miserable piece of shit - Are you fucking kidding me? Sorry, but I don't think any player from the block of steroid users should be permitted to be in the hall of fame - Everyone should be banned from life - unless you are going to create a new catagory for liars and cheats

I think there should be a liars and cheats category, it tells the entire story, as a museum should. And right after that, they should make a "got these statistics playing against white people only" category, and toss all your grandpappy's heroes in there.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If A Rod announces his retirement today.....totally hypothetical.....is the guy a Hall of Fame inductee?

19 seasons.

.330BA

1950RBIs

647 HRs

Or is the cloud of Roid / PED usage going to for ever taint him?

No, if Pete Rose cant get in for betting, then ARod shouldnt get in cause of PED's.

Plus:
Clemens
Sosa
McQuire
Bonds

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonds was a hall of famer even before he cheated. The guy was a 500-500 guy (hrs and sbs)

Same with Arod...he was already one of the best players of all time...had he stayed in Seattle he probably would have never had to try to live up to the pressure of the big contract and resort to cheating

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there should be a liars and cheats category, it tells the entire story, as a museum should. And right after that, they should make a "got these statistics playing against white people only" category, and toss all your grandpappy's heroes in there.

Or we could call it the Infamous Hall of Fame - indicating that liars, cheats and losers go into the catagory. What an idea:lol:

MattyM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could call it the Infamous Hall of Fame - indicating that liars, cheats and losers go into the catagory. What an idea:lol:

The Infamous Hall of Fame will have an exhibit called "Team That Won Division Titles With Liars and Cheats That Were Nonetheless Wildly Cheered By Their Hometown Fans."

We'll go west to east: Our first inductees will the 2008 and 2009 Los Angeles Dodgers.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Infamous Hall of Fame will have an exhibit called "Team That Won Division Titles With Liars and Cheats That Were Nonetheless Wildly Cheered By Their Hometown Fans."

We'll go west to east: Our first inductees will the 2008 and 2009 Los Angeles Dodgers.

I like your style, although I think your sarcasm is lost on some. :clap:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Pete Rose isn't in the hall of fame, no player who took any type of performance enhancing drug should ever be allowed in.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Pete Rose isn't in the hall of fame, no player who took any type of performance enhancing drug should ever be allowed in.

So, that includes Mantle, Mays and a ton of other players, right?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, that includes Mantle, Mays and a ton of other players, right?

Do you think it's reasonable to not include baseballs best hitter, who was clean, while celebrating guys who were juicing?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think it's reasonable to not include baseballs best hitter, who was clean, while celebrating guys who were juicing?

I don't have a problem with Rose getting in the HOF, but do you honestly think he wasn't popping greenies as well? They all did it. As a matter of fact, their teams encouraged it.