• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As of Today is A-Rod a Hall of Famer?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with Rose getting in the HOF, but do you honestly think he wasn't popping greenies as well? They all did it. As a matter of fact, their teams encouraged it.

To me, the 'but everyone was doing it' argument holds no water against players who have (multiple) failed tests.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think it's reasonable to not include baseballs best hitter, who was clean, while celebrating guys who were juicing?

Having the all-time hits record doesn't make him the best hitter.

MattyM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with Rose getting in the HOF, but do you honestly think he wasn't popping greenies as well? They all did it. As a matter of fact, their teams encouraged it.

Please don't say bad things about players I liked when I was seven years old. They never did anything wrong. That's when men were men, they would've played for free, et cetera, et cetera. Should you persist, I'll have no choice but to stick my fingers in my ears and scream "La La La La La!" until you stop.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the all-time hits record doesn't make him the best hitter.

semantics. Not my argument, you know what I was alluding to.

Please don't say bad things about players I liked when I was seven years old. They never did anything wrong. That's when men were men, they would've played for free, et cetera, et cetera. Should you persist, I'll have no choice but to stick my fingers in my ears and scream "La La La La La!" until you stop.

Which posts are you even referring to within this thread?

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you gotta stop it. There is proof that A Rod (and Braun) used P.E.D's for years and it's logical to assume that Braun's $100 million contract and A Rod's TWO $250 million contracts were the result of their cheating. Even if you argue that PED's weren't banned when he signed the 1st contract they were definitely for the 2nd.

Until there is proof that players in other sports used PED's your argument is just a desperate attempt to exonerate A Roid by arguing "they all do it" But the truth is, despite your wishes and opinion, they don't all do it.

And yes, IT IS ABOUT THE MONEY. Any idiot knows it's always about the money.
I'm not sure how this is a response to the text I quoted. I'm not making excuses for A-Rod or trying to say he's a victim. I'm sure he's more than guilty of everything he's been accused of. But regardless, A-Rod and Braun are and will remain big revenue generators. They draw fans to the stadium, eyes to the TV, and click to the websites. Whether it's good publicity or not, they're generating revenue and should be paid accordingly.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he would have been very good but Great? Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens were great before they started with the PED's. It's pretty clear when certain players began using PED's because of the career resurgence experienced by Roger Clemens types or the jump in numbers by a Barry Bonds.

There is evidence that Alex Rodriguez has been juicing his ENTIRE career, even before he joined the Mariners.

Add to that the man has BREASTS and it's obvious he has been taking steroids/PEDs for a LOOOONG TIME. Why you are suspicious of MLB's intentions in going after him is puzzling to me because A ROD's entire career is a fraud and he has gotten over to the tune of $500 million dollars.
Why does it matter how long he's been taking them? The fact of the matter is that PEDs are not some magic potion. You have to have the tools to begin with, and you have to perform and execute. A-Rod is an all-time legend based on his career numbers. Was he helped by PEDs? Of course. But there is no scientific or logical argument that would lead me to believe that- even assuming he's used since high school- his career is wholly a tribute to PED use. They don't turn a scrub into a legend. You have to have a base. So with PED's, A-Rod is one of the absolute elite players of all-time. Top 20 players ever. Without them, maybe he's just Top 50-80. That's still pretty incredible.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodriguez is a cheat - and should be banned for life from the MLB. Pete Rose got banned for far less then this miserable piece of shit - Are you fucking kidding me? Sorry, but I don't think any player from the block of steroid users should be permitted to be in the hall of fame - Everyone should be banned from life - unless you are going to create a new catagory for liars and cheats
This is irrelevant. A complete apples and oranges comparison. I'm not sure why people insist on injecting Pete Rose into every PED issue, but it's getting really old.

Not to mention, gambling on games you're an active participant in is exponentially worse than any amount of PED use, and if you don't understand that already, there's no helping you.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the 'but everyone was doing it' argument holds no water against players who have (multiple) failed tests.
Are you talking about Manny Ramirez? Guillermo Mota? They're the only guys with multiple failed tests.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is irrelevant. A complete apples and oranges comparison. I'm not sure why people insist on injecting Pete Rose into every PED issue, but it's getting really old.

Not to mention, gambling on games you're an active participant in is exponentially worse than any amount of PED use, and if you don't understand that already, there's no helping you.

It is a comparison to another criminal element within the MLB. Just like Pete Rose was a violator of the MLB rules, Al Rodriguez also was a violator. In Pete Rose's case the comparison is made because he gambled and nothing more. No games were fixed and no cheating of any kind at all in comparison to the fact that A Rod's entire record is quite possibly a sham and based on cheating. And yet Pete Rose was banned for life while Rod gets to come back.

A little unbalanced there in my opinion - but it's a different era

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a comparison to another criminal element within the MLB.
I understand. Tax evasion is a crime. So is r*pe. I don't think the two should ever be treated equally. They're apples and oranges.

Just like Pete Rose was a violator of the MLB rules, Al Rodriguez also was a violator.

Correct. There is clearly defined punishments for each, and those punishments are proportionate to the severity of the transgression. What's your point?

In Pete Rose's case the comparison is made because he gambled and nothing more. No games were fixed and no cheating of any kind at all
How the fuck do you know? Because he says so?

in comparison to the fact that A Rod's entire record is quite possibly a sham and based on cheating.
I don't understand the point of this statement. A-Rod used some drugs. I get it. He wouldn't have been as good without them. Real groundbreaking work there. Are you suggesting that PEDs are magical and that A-Rod would have been a bad player without them?

And yet Pete Rose was banned for life while Rod gets to come back.
Thanks for clearing that up. I still don't get your point. Rose broke a rule with clear and known consequences, and agreed to his own banishment in order to avoid further investigation into his habits. A-Rod broke a rule with clear and known lesser consequences, and is fighting because the punishment he's been given doesn't line up with the defined consequences.

Gambling on games you're an active participant in is the absolute worst thing an athlete, manager, coach or official can do in sports. Gambling blurs to line between real sport and professional wrestling. It cuts to the very integrity of the competition. PEDs may call into question the statistics and may harm the integrity of an individual player, but those players still have to compete and perform in a real competition, rather than a pre-determined one.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a comparison to another criminal element within the MLB. Just like Pete Rose was a violator of the MLB rules, Al Rodriguez also was a violator. In Pete Rose's case the comparison is made because he gambled and nothing more. No games were fixed and no cheating of any kind at all in comparison to the fact that A Rod's entire record is quite possibly a sham and based on cheating. And yet Pete Rose was banned for life while Rod gets to come back.

A little unbalanced there in my opinion - but it's a different era

How do we know that?

Rose signed away his eligibility in agreement with MLB to immediately end the investigation...if he had nothing else to hide, why'd he want the investigation ended so quickly?

And Dowd later on said that he was in the process of verifying leads showing that Rose had bet against the Reds, but didn't have time to fully investigate and hence include it in the report since Rose and MLB agreed to end the investigation.

It was also shown that Rose never bet when Mario Soto was starting...couldn't that be an indication of anything?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose some of you are right inasmuch that you don't know if Pete Rose fixed games or not, but in the United States of America a man is innocent until proven guilty - and Pete Rose was never charged with fixing games or convicted. There is such a thing as reasonable doubt. In comparison Asshole Rodriguez not only juiced, but juiced multiple times and evidence was found that he recruited others into the biogenesis program. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that he cheated substantially more then what Pete Rose was accused of or convicted of.

Personally I think the records of any player that juiced should be completely disallowed into the MLB records and discounted all together and the respective players should all be banned for life from the Hall of fame. It would be the same standard used to ban Pete Rose and it is a fair standard.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they can be worthy even though they took roids, bc we know they were capable hitters before.

But lets be honest no way they are getting in, unless they get people that are just looking at the numbers and have never watched baseball in their lifetime.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like purple lips a fraud/pay rod/ a roid, but yeah he should be in the HOF when all is said and done.

Same with Rose.

Just IMHO.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like purple lips a fraud/pay rod/ a roid, but yeah he should be in the HOF when all is said and done.

Same with Rose.

Just IMHO.

I don`t know.......i`m on thr fence about this stuff.

They all know the rules,you get caught cheating and suffer the consequences.

But steroids go,you still have to have the ability to hit the ball to begin with.
Roids do not give you that ability.Just to hit it harder..........

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they can be worthy even though they took roids, bc we know they were capable hitters before.

But lets be honest no way they are getting in, unless they get people that are just looking at the numbers and have never watched baseball in their lifetime.

No they can't because their records are not legitimate and are artificially inflated. It's like pain medicine. If you have ever been in pain due to illness or injury - your body is limited to movement and action because of the pain. The pain killers tell your body that the body is no longer in pain which allows you to move and act freely. That's what the drug enhancements do - they all your body to go beyond it's normal ability and it's also the reason that eventually the drug users have such poor health when they get older. Their body is getting beat up even though their brain is being told everything is wonderful

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If A Rod announces his retirement today.....totally hypothetical.....is the guy a Hall of Fame inductee?

19 seasons.

.330BA

1950RBIs

647 HRs

Or is the cloud of Roid / PED usage going to for ever taint him?
A-Fraud does not have a .330 BA and to answer this question is a big NO. It was done for me after he went on National TV and said he never took steroids and then when he got caught on the mitchell report, the douche had the courage to come out and say "I decided to come clean I cheated but it was my cousin that gave me blah blah" what a douche I hope they ban him for life.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Fraud does not have a .330 BA and to answer this question is a big NO. It was done for me after he went on National TV and said he never took steroids and then when he got caught on the mitchell report, the douche had the courage to come out and say "I decided to come clean I cheated but it was my cousin that gave me blah blah" what a douche I hope they ban him for life.
You have a very interesting recollection of events that weren't terribly long ago.