• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

As of right now. Patriots Drafting 9th

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone be pissed if any of these guys were signed for 2-3 years?

Deshaun Watson
Dak Prescott
Ryan Fitzpatrick

All three will be free agents after the 2020 season. Prescott might be a real gamble, but he also might be a great future. Watson will cost huge buck. Fitzpatrick would be a great teacher For a Justin Fields type draft pick,
How about Tyson Hill? The Drew Brees backup? Figure Shawn Peyton will pony up $25M a year for Hill and keep paying Brees $28M? One ofthem will be available......

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that the Patriots have not won a SB in almost 2 years.
They also have not played in the playoffs for 10 months!

And I can bet ya it’s gonna be a long long time before the Patriots are relevant again. Besides Gilmore , we have no other star players. A handful of good and above average players. Why? Because Coach B hasn’t been very good drafting players. Bad trades. Players aren’t coming to New England to play for the hometown discount anymore. You’d think having 12 draft picks every year we’d be better off than we are.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deshaun Watson
Dak Prescott
Ryan Fitzpatrick

All three will be free agents after the 2020 season. Prescott might be a real gamble, but he also might be a great future. Watson will cost huge buck. Fitzpatrick would be a great teacher For a Justin Fields type draft pick,
Of the three, Watson would be my only choice. NE will have the money to make it happen if they choose so.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the three, Watson would be my only choice. NE will have the money to make it happen if they choose so.
Fitzgerald is the only one BB will pay because he'll take less money to set his obscure records. The last guy barely cost us a cap hangover compared to what any other "market rate" QB can do. BB will only pay a guy he already has extracted value from (rookie playing through rookie deal). QBs are a dime a dozen unless you score a wonder and those aren't known commodities. Mahomes wasn't first, and who can forget Rodgers just waiiiittttting in that green room. The last few "top 5" guys are hardly considered HOF locks.

Do we want a Matt Ryan who can look pretty while losing? I've always been a fan of Stafford's game but same deal. What's the difference between RG3 and Lamar Jackson?... I mean the RG3 that was drafted... One hit (or a few) can change a lot. Watson can look like Cam at times, but I guess he'll win more, but enough?

Looking back at our last guy. Sure he made a lot of plays when they mattered, but his best quality was probably not making a lot of plays that mattered too. The kind that cost games.. The throwing a pic on a game winning drive, or fumbling as we grabbed momentum... or optioned into the absolutely wrong play, and then stayed with the vanilla execution of it despite imminent failure.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a technicality, but Malcom Butler was a pro bowler Though not drafted there was a process that decided he should be added to the team, and then not cut the way UDFs all "should be", then given serious practice time, play time, then the right kind of play time.... until he became a pro bowler.

In 2014 the Pats drafted Dominique Easley. Had they drafted Butler there (besides a lot of head scratching on draft day) we'd be looking back and saying "good pick". Though he didn't last long and flamed out quick, he shined really bright for a couple years as demonstrated with a pro bowl.

Looking back at that 2014 SB game clinching pick, does anyone other than "scrapper" actually make that read and reaction in time to make that play? Bevis Island went to church for a week straight after that to say thanks for not having that play go towards him.
Malcolm Butler played lights out, there is no way around it.
He saved a sure TD catch moments before with a super athletic pass breakup, and had the situational awareness to realize that it was still a fair catch and push him out of bounds.
Then he made the interception to seal the game. Well, the 5 yard penalty sealed the game, but not with MB's heroics.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Deshaun Watson
Dak Prescott
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Watson.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I can bet ya it’s gonna be a long long time before the Patriots are relevant again. Besides Gilmore , we have no other star players. A handful of good and above average players. Why? Because Coach B hasn’t been very good drafting players. Bad trades. Players aren’t coming to New England to play for the hometown discount anymore. You’d think having 12 draft picks every year we’d be better off than we are.
Other teams are more reluctant to trade with Bill after seeing so much success from him with trades.
More players are after money than the ring that was the Patriots calling card.
It would seem Bill tends to draft more towards quantity than quality. There are only so many positions to fill every year. Trade up instead of down once in a while Bill.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft. Pro Bowls are stupid anyway and meaningless

Very true. But it is an indicator that for the most part the best players are selected to the Pro Bowl. Or the most popular. We don’t have either.

On a side note. If we do draft in the low teens, I’m all aboard the Zach Wilson QB BYU train. I think he’s legit!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. But it is an indicator that for the most part the best players are selected to the Pro Bowl. Or the most popular. We don’t have either.

On a side note. If we do draft in the low teens, I’m all aboard the Zach Wilson QB BYU train. I think he’s legit!

Its a popularity contest. It means nothing imo.

I only saw about 5 minutes of Wilson playing but I liked what I saw. Probably a "perfect" Belichick pick

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a popularity contest. It means nothing imo.

I only saw about 5 minutes of Wilson playing but I liked what I saw. Probably a "perfect" Belichick pick
From reading around here I thought a perfect BB pick wasn't until the 5th round...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HaHa I wasn't being specific. I was referencing the constant expectation of BB trading back.

Lol. Should have known. I'm half paying attention, working and eating

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald is the only one BB will pay because he'll take less money to set his obscure records. The last guy barely cost us a cap hangover compared to what any other "market rate" QB can do. BB will only pay a guy he already has extracted value from (rookie playing through rookie deal). QBs are a dime a dozen unless you score a wonder and those aren't known commodities. Mahomes wasn't first, and who can forget Rodgers just waiiiittttting in that green room. The last few "top 5" guys are hardly considered HOF locks.

Do we want a Matt Ryan who can look pretty while losing? I've always been a fan of Stafford's game but same deal. What's the difference between RG3 and Lamar Jackson?... I mean the RG3 that was drafted... One hit (or a few) can change a lot. Watson can look like Cam at times, but I guess he'll win more, but enough?

Looking back at our last guy. Sure he made a lot of plays when they mattered, but his best quality was probably not making a lot of plays that mattered too. The kind that cost games.. The throwing a pic on a game winning drive, or fumbling as we grabbed momentum... or optioned into the absolutely wrong play, and then stayed with the vanilla execution of it despite imminent failure.
If BB can put his ego in check? I think after watching Cam for a year he may realize he needs a QB to win.

There is plenty of cap $. No reason to go cheap IOT try and show the world how great you are.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If BB can put his ego in check? I think after watching Cam for a year he may realize he needs a QB to win.

There is plenty of cap $. No reason to go cheap IOT try and show the world how great you are.
I just don't see ego as the big picture issue. "I'm in charge"? Sure and that's always how he's managed, and a lot of guys have been rewarded through his system of showing exactly who is in charge.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, and I may be wrong, that BB has finally recognized that the players that have come into the league over the past ten years are not the same type of players that were coming in 20 years ago. I also think that he's struggling to adjust to what his brain is telling him. Defensively the changes are slight. Offensively, there's a huge shift from the immobile pocket passer to the pocket escape artist who can also run for fifteen to twenty yards and get out of bounds without taking a hit.

In my opinion, BB should go after Fitzpatrick and try to get Justin Fields or Sam Howell to come in and learn from Fitz. After watching Howell twice move that North Carolina team, I'm sort of falling for him. He has a laser accurate arm and can hit a bumblebee crossing the field fifty or sixty yards down field.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think, and I may be wrong, that BB has finally recognized that the players that have come into the league over the past ten years are not the same type of players that were coming in 20 years ago. I also think that he's struggling to adjust to what his brain is telling him. Defensively the changes are slight. Offensively, there's a huge shift from the immobile pocket passer to the pocket escape artist who can also run for fifteen to twenty yards and get out of bounds without taking a hit.

In my opinion, BB should go after Fitzpatrick and try to get Justin Fields or Sam Howell to come in and learn from Fitz. After watching Howell twice move that North Carolina team, I'm sort of falling for him. He has a laser accurate arm and can hit a bumblebee crossing the field fifty or sixty yards down field.
So you have written off Stidham, I only ask because he's not mentioned. But if Cam was the better option then Stidham then shit we may need to draft two QBs and pick a FA.