• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: A's @ M's: July 22nd - 25th

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start demoting umpires.

This was way worse then the pitch Sewald didn’t get with the bases loaded against Andrus. Thankfully he struck out anyway but that one easily could have cost us a game that we desperately needed

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D5641EE1-89D5-42FE-ABB1-A0AD9FA002F3.jpeg
From a couple days ago. Just putting him in a position to fail

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the Mariner's management trying to destroy another awesome prospect. Seems the M's are pretty good at messing up the heads of young talent who go one to be all stars after leaving this screwed up franchise. Zunino and Taylor just to mention a couple. :L

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 275698
From a couple days ago. Just putting him in a position to fail
One does have to wonder that maybe, just maybe, after turning down their offer they are intentionally trying to bring the kid and his ego back down to earth. Shitty if true, but I put nothing passed this org.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild Pitch Win...nice.

So tomorrows game means we either gain 2 on the A's during this series or we gain nothing. Big game.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll give Servais credit today. Gilbert didn’t have his offspeed command and the As were sitting fastball and Servais hooked him before it go too bad. Bullpen was amazing sans one homer that barely got over the wall

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He need to be in the line-up vs righties only at this time.

Word is out that he cannot hit a lefty slider
That is an issue, which I brought up a year ago though. They don’t have RH options to replace him and when Trammell comes back up. There isn’t another CF on the team but once he moves back to LF, Fraley and Trammell are all lefties.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P
WHY was he back again? I see his average is down to .101 ...

Yeah, that's what you want in a prospect.
Because he is too good for AAA and doesn’t learn a thing down there. Starting him off in AA may have been the right move with a call up to AAA but either way his performance in AAA earned him a right to the show. He is struggling but fans need to realize 99 out of 100 prospects struggle when they come up. Not saying he will be Trout but Trout struggled during his first stints and IMO he is already the GOAT of baseball.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P

Because he is too good for AAA and doesn’t learn a thing down there. Starting him off in AA may have been the right move with a call up to AAA but either way his performance in AAA earned him a right to the show. He is struggling but fans need to realize 99 out of 100 prospects struggle when they come up. Not saying he will be Trout but Trout struggled during his first stints and IMO he is already the GOAT of baseball.
Having him kill AAA pitching isn’t gonna solve anything, I agree. If it was possible to bench him for a few days, that may be the move but I know the bench is too short for that. His last 3 abs looked better yesterday with two walks and a long fly out. Plus seeing him smile scoring the winning run I hope is something but it’s clear he hasn’t been having fun. Baby steps but hope it helps

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I missed a good game while cleaning out gutters and pressure washing my deck. I did record from the 5th inning on when I came in for a quick break.

Another 1 run game / win. I guess its like going all in in no limit Texas hold'em poker ... it works every time until it doesn't.
It was nice that the bullpen was the hero this game vs the opposing pitcher wild pitching the M's into a win late innings.

I am not drinking the Kool-Aid quite yet... but I know it's right there for the taking if I get thirsty.

If they pull off 2 of 3 vs HOU and come back from the next 10 game road trip with a .500 split in those 10 games ( 7 are with TB and NYY ) I will
be a lot more inclined to be a believer. It's hard to get past that -52 run differential and see a win loss record of 54-46. Some wonky wonky math matrix at play, that is for certain.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having him kill AAA pitching isn’t gonna solve anything, I agree. If it was possible to bench him for a few days, that may be the move but I know the bench is too short for that. His last 3 abs looked better yesterday with two walks and a long fly out. Plus seeing him smile scoring the winning run I hope is something but it’s clear he hasn’t been having fun. Baby steps but hope it helps
IMO he needs either a legit vet (Cruz is gone) or a legit hitting coach. At least from what I have seen, he puts up solid AB’s until he gets 2 strikes on him. I seriously don’t have a problem at all with his performance so far, the only issue IMO is the Mariners are in contention. If Kyle Lewis were playing CF and playing to his ability Kelenic would just be a guy in a bad slump. A bad comparison is Chris Taylor. Taylor was older but his MLB career with the Mariners was nearly identical. Players don’t always come up and kill it. But the quandary with baseball is do you bring him up and struggle or pull an Edgar where he just tears up AAA for years until he is out of options.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed a good game while cleaning out gutters and pressure washing my deck. I did record from the 5th inning on when I came in for a quick break.

Another 1 run game / win. I guess its like going all in in no limit Texas hold'em poker ... it works every time until it doesn't.
It was nice that the bullpen was the hero this game vs the opposing pitcher wild pitching the M's into a win late innings.

I am not drinking the Kool-Aid quite yet... but I know it's right there for the taking if I get thirsty.

If they pull off 2 of 3 vs HOU and come back from the next 10 game road trip with a .500 split in those 10 games ( 7 are with TB and NYY ) I will
be a lot more inclined to be a believer. It's hard to get past that -52 run differential and see a win loss record of 54-46. Some wonky wonky math matrix at play, that is for certain.
Pretty much agree. That said with all the times over the last 15 years that the Mariners have been in the hunt, within a few games of the wild card into August, you gotta figure that eventually the Mariners will be one of the teams that makes it right? I mean I know better than to actually believe that, but at the same time I don't feel like one playoff appearance in 20 years is too much to ask for.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the case since the Astros moved to the AL West. The couple of times the M’s are either in the lead for the west or wildcard they run into the Astros and they put them in a downward spiral.