• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arrowverse: Arrow, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Superman & Lois

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you know that they will keep the plot hole of him remembering life with Iris... By the logic of the "flashpoint" from the show, he should forget about his time with her romantically the more he uses his speed...

Well supposedly Flashpoint is only supposed to last like 3 or 4 episodes.

So we'll see.

Also, I think they bit off more than they could chew here. A good flashpoint would've affected every show on the Arrow-verse.They should've saved it for the 4 episode crossover later this year.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, season premier of both Arrow and Flash just happened...

Was kind of disappointed with both...

Flash, was the big disappointment, because I am utterly confused by it...

Let me get this straight, The original world that we know was created by a time traveler in the reverse flash.

Saving his mother and then jumping to the new created earth current time, the original earth 1 barry becomes the barry in this new earth... There is no barry from the new earth... so barry keeps his powers for now, but is losing his memories(powers too possibly)

Barry realizes he should not of saved his mother's life because the life he knows and loves will disappear, and the people he loves from his old life are not better for it...

Then they go back and kill barry's mother, but somehow the reverse flash changes something, not sure how, and something goes wrong with Iris West and her relationship with the whole team...

So, why make that last twist??

Fun question, what was the original Earth going to look like, pre-Reverse flash going back in time to kill Barry's mom?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun question, what was the original Earth going to look like, pre-Reverse flash going back in time to kill Barry's mom?

there are some things we know from what the SHOW has told us

1. Barry WOULD be the Flash, but later in life
2. Barry and Iris would be married at some point
3. Tess mercer would be alive

but the whole FLASHPOINT earth confuses me, because you would assume that would have been the earth.. but there was a kid flash BEFORE an actual Flash... so what i am really learning, is that i know NOTHING!!!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are some things we know from what the SHOW has told us

1. Barry WOULD be the Flash, but later in life
2. Barry and Iris would be married at some point
3. Tess mercer would be alive

but the whole FLASHPOINT earth confuses me, because you would assume that would have been the earth.. but there was a kid flash BEFORE an actual Flash... so what i am really learning, is that i know NOTHING!!!

Yeah, that's basically what I was gonna say. We have some pieces, but not much.

This was just a really halfassed way to do Flashpoint IMO.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's basically what I was gonna say. We have some pieces, but not much.

This was just a really halfassed way to do Flashpoint IMO.

Yea, i know WHY they did what they did, but they really Messed up their fluidity...

Its kind of like in the Graphic novel, and movie "flashpoint" how one change changes so much but everything was changed in a bad way...

every change that they made in this show, they wanted barry to WANT to go back... so they can't go to the TRUE origin, because WHY would Barry want to leave that??

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, i know WHY they did what they did, but they really Messed up their fluidity...

Its kind of like in the Graphic novel, and movie "flashpoint" how one change changes so much but everything was changed in a bad way...

every change that they made in this show, they wanted barry to WANT to go back... so they can't go to the TRUE origin, because WHY would Barry want to leave that??

Exactly. His life is BETTER without the reverse flash death, in theory. Which is kind of the flaw of the flashpoint, he wasn't The Flash. How can that be? I mean unless his accident wasn't going to happen yet so he doens't know he's not going to become the Flash anyway. But still, that is true, his life without RF would have ended up a similar but better version of what we saw.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even earth 2, they could have just had that be the TRUE origin, but they didn't want to have 2 barrys

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. His life is BETTER without the reverse flash death, in theory. Which is kind of the flaw of the flashpoint, he wasn't The Flash. How can that be? I mean unless his accident wasn't going to happen yet so he doens't know he's not going to become the Flash anyway. But still, that is true, his life without RF would have ended up a similar but better version of what we saw.

It can't be that, because there was kid Flash...LOL... so unfortunately they have tried to show us WHY barry HAS to go back to the reverse flash created EARTH 1.. and didn't focus on the fluidity of the story... I do get it, but i am disappointed with he choice...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can't be that, because there was kid Flash...LOL... so unfortunately they have tried to show us WHY barry HAS to go back to the reverse flash created EARTH 1.. and didn't focus on the fluidity of the story... I do get it, but i am disappointed with he choice...

I really don't get it.

If he had died as the Flash, why wouldn't everyone know he was him?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get it.

If he had died as the Flash, why wouldn't everyone know he was him?

huh?? when did he die??? He disappeared in the future, but i don't remember him ever dying, or reports that he ever died...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh?? when did he die??? He disappeared in the future, but i don't remember him ever dying, or reports that he ever died...

I thought that's what you were referring to since there was a kid flash and no real flash and why barry had to go back.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that's what you were referring to since there was a kid flash and no real flash and why barry had to go back.

But kid flash didn't die in this flashpoint... he was just not healing quick like he was supposed to... and even if he was going to die, the team would have had the option whether they wanted to out his identity or not.. they had the body...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But kid flash didn't die in this flashpoint... he was just not healing quick like he was supposed to... and even if he was going to die, the team would have had the option whether they wanted to out his identity or not.. they had the body...

Nevermind. I didn't explain it well.

I thought what you were really getting at about why he had to get back was that there would logically be a flash before a kid flash.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind. I didn't explain it well.

I thought what you were really getting at about why he had to get back was that there would logically be a flash before a kid flash.

Maybe there is no sense to be made with nonsense...LOL... If there being a kid flash means that there must have been a flash first, then the flash couldn't have been Barry... But really who knows ANYTHING... i am going to try to forget that episode all together...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there is no sense to be made with nonsense...LOL... If there being a kid flash means that there must have been a flash first, then the flash couldn't have been Barry... But really who knows ANYTHING... i am going to try to forget that episode all together...

So now Barry spends another 2-3 episodes getting that ONE PIECE back together? (Iris/Joe)

They're losing it I think.

This is starting to fall into the trap Smallville did.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Barry spends another 2-3 episodes getting that ONE PIECE back together? (Iris/Joe)

They're losing it I think.

This is starting to fall into the trap Smallville did.

true, but hopefully it doesn't take long... it is ok to have BAD EPISODES, or even a bad season, as long as they get back to being a good show... Smallville had this too, was on air for so long that it is doomed to have at least one BAD season...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true, but hopefully it doesn't take long... it is ok to have BAD EPISODES, or even a bad season, as long as they get back to being a good show... Smallville had this too, was on air for so long that it is doomed to have at least one BAD season...

Season 5.....dear god was it awful.

But then they came back strong with season 6, which i thought was phenomnal.

But then season 7....

But I thought 8-10 finished strong. The middle got a little weird/weak with 4/5 and then 7.

Although rewatched seasons 1-2 recently when i was out with knee surgery, and Clark is just a complete moron throughout most of it. Kinda frustrating to watch now that I'm not 14/15 lol.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking the Flash thus far.

Thawne, having a glimpse of the previous timeline, is obviously going out of his way to cut Barry apart piece by piece.

We also apparently have "Mr. Saw/Jigsaw" voicing/playing another major adversary.

We'll have to wait and see how it plays out, but season three has potential.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking the Flash thus far.

Thawne, having a glimpse of the previous timeline, is obviously going out of his way to cut Barry apart piece by piece.

We also apparently have "Mr. Saw/Jigsaw" voicing/playing another major adversary.

We'll have to wait and see how it plays out, but season three has potential.

Really?

I think it's the weakest of the ones I've watched so far.

Arrow is darker and frankly I'm kinda digging it. Less whiny drama, more ass kicking.

And Supergirl was really good IMO. The guying Superman is great. Fantastic casting move.

They learned from other CW shows and cut the drama of Kara/Jimmy fast (although probably too fast and weird like Smallville S3 with Clark/Lana). And the Cadmus Labs aspect is...intriguing. A lot of potential there.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

I think it's the weakest of the ones I've watched so far.

Arrow is darker and frankly I'm kinda digging it. Less whiny drama, more ass kicking.

And Supergirl was really good IMO. The guying Superman is great. Fantastic casting move.

They learned from other CW shows and cut the drama of Kara/Jimmy fast (although probably too fast and weird like Smallville S3 with Clark/Lana). And the Cadmus Labs aspect is...intriguing. A lot of potential there.

I agree that the casting of superman was perfect... at least for THIS show... he is just as CAMPY as the show, but still keeps the spirit of superman... Thats what i respect with the whole show, it is very light and fluffy, but it really has stayed true...

and throws in some superman geeks presents, like Metallo!!!!