• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arrowverse: Arrow, Batwoman, Black Lightning, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Superman & Lois

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly season 3 in Arrow was absolutely awful... Surprised I finished it. But they got back on track with this new season. It's worth getting back into if you're ever in the mood. But I agree. The Flash is by far the better show now.
I still watch Arrow. I just hold my nose while I watch.

I liked bringing in Constantine, though. As I mentioned elsewhere, I hope they bring him into the new show (Legends of Tomorrow) somehow.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are not too many DC characters I am interested in and I would have never thought I would have been watching a Flash show but I gave it a shot last year because of how good the reviews were. Still watching and still really liking it.
They do a great job of developing the characters and advancing the story at the same time.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointed.

I thought this was going to be a thread about @Camfantasy 's trip last year to the senior citizen home. The old guys were disgusted, but the grannies went wild.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still watch Arrow. I just hold my nose while I watch.

I liked bringing in Constantine, though. As I mentioned elsewhere, I hope they bring him into the new show (Legends of Tomorrow) somehow.
That was unexpected but I thought it was badass. I hope he shows up more. He seemed to know a lot about Damien Dark (sp?).

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadnt heard the "Barry's dad" theory, but I like that one as well. Maybe it is actually E1 Barry's dad??

Who is to say Eobard did not come back in time on E2 as well? Like I said, though, I hope that is not the solution. I want a new villain.

E1 Barry's Dad as Zoom would be nuts in a good way and I'd love to see the explanation for that if that is the case.

I just assumed that if Reverse Flash were in a timeline that he kills Wells and his family and takes his identity. Since E2 Wells is still alive that made me think there was no Eobard. Unless he chose to take someone else's identity?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E1 Barry's Dad as Zoom would be nuts in a good way and I'd love to see the explanation for that if that is the case.

I just assumed that if Reverse Flash were in a timeline that he kills Wells and his family and takes his identity. Since E2 Wells is still alive that made me think there was no Eobard. Unless he chose to take someone else's identity?
Maybe Eobards time device was not broken in E2, so he was able to return to the future. Somehow, Barrys dad (forget his name) was not found guilty for some reason, and somehow knows that the flash did not save his wife, so is out for revenge.

They would need to iron out some of the details, of course, but I think there is enough room there to make it work (assuming E2 Barry's dad).

Not sure how they could explain away an E1 Barry's dad.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow episode, definitely felt like a "bye week". Tom Cavanagh is just an acting beast though so that made up for it.

Negatives:
-Grodd is getting smarter except he doesn't notice an obvious trap, there's a speed cannon surrounding a circle drawn on the ground.
-Patty was cool with Barry's lies.
-Henry Allen goes camping instead of spending time with his son after being in prison for like 10-15 years.
-Barry runs on the treadmill then uses a cane for some reason.
-Characters still talking about how Wells did all this evil stuff when it wasn't the real Wells, it was Thawn.

Positives:
-Tom Cavanagh playing Harry Wells playing Harrison Wells.
-Harrison shares intimate details with Grodd. He most likely created Grodd's E2 counterpart with a similar goal in mind as Thawn. This Wells is definitely no saint.
-First look at Hawk Girl.

Zoom identity clues:
-Joe wonders what it would have been like if he had his own son instead of adopting Barry.
-Henry Allen says he went fishing. "You like to fish with bait? I do too!"

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Allen as Zoom would be great. Current Wells is definitely a bad guy. Great episode last week, terrible last night, crossover looks lame. Show is kind of mirroring Smallville in one terrific episode then a clunker

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry Allen goes camping instead of spending time with his son after being in prison for like 10-15 years.
I agree this doesnt make a whole lot of sense, but they did explain this when he left. He said that he needed to give Barry his space to become The Flash. He thought that if he stayed around, it could retard Barry's growth.

Convoluted, but it was mentioned at the time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of Grodd. I am not familiar with him from the comics (I know he exists, but that is the extent), but it just seems way to "comic-bookie" for the real-world take most comic book shows take these days. He seems like he belongs in the Adam West Batman show more than the modern day shows.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this doesnt make a whole lot of sense, but they did explain this when he left. He said that he needed to give Barry his space to become The Flash. He thought that if he stayed around, it could retard Barry's growth.

Convoluted, but it was mentioned at the time.

It makes sense, but it just felt like he got out of prison, went to his welcoming party and then immediately left. You'd think he'd spend a week or two with his son at least. Not a deal breaker but seemed a little inconsistent to me. Unless, he's Zoom, then it makes perfect sense. What Joe said last night has me thinking it could be Joe's son from E2 .

But that is not fair... Arrow is already at season 4 while Flash and Gotham are in season 2... I will agree that the arrow has become too much of a harem, but at least it continues to bring in new villains for the comic book geeks...

Thats kind of what i dislike about gotham, it still doesn't have an identity on whether it wants to be a comic book show or a regular detective show...

I love all 3 still... And it is nice to see the flash just getting better and better... Cant wait until GROD...

I agree with you on that, but the character development is way better on Gotham. Arrow's main villains have always been good, it's the side storylines for some of these characters that irks me. The writer's go-to scenes involves Laurel or Thea complaining about Oliver not respecting them, I mean I could not even tell you how many times the sentence "how could you keep a secret like this from me?" has been uttered by characters on that show. Or Thea saying how much she hates her Dad only to allow herself to be betrayed by him over and over.

The plots just all feel similar to me since season 2. The only boring or annoying character you can really say is on Gotham is maybe Lee, everyone else is entertaining, even if they do straddle the line between detective-drama and comic book show. Felicity is one of the absolute hottest chicks on television today, so they've got that going for them.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe wonders what it would have been like if he had his own son instead of adopting Barry.
He might get his wish in the mid season finale with the introduction of Wally West. Apparently Iris's mother is dying and might have given birth to a second child after she left Central City. Though it wasn’t confirmed to be Wally, the episode synopsis for “Running to Stand Still” hints at a familial meeting between Joe, Iris and Wally.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might get his wish in the mid season finale with the introduction of Wally West. Apparently Iris's mother is dying and might have given birth to a second child after she left Central City. Though it wasn’t confirmed to be Wally, the episode synopsis for “Running to Stand Still” hints at a familial meeting between Joe, Iris and Wally.
I dont think the word "apparently" applies here. She flat out told Joe that she was dying and that she had another kid shortly after leaving Joe (he may be Joe's kid).

It would be a HUGE swerve if the kid turned out to NOT be Wally.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of Grodd. I am not familiar with him from the comics (I know he exists, but that is the extent), but it just seems way to "comic-bookie" for the real-world take most comic book shows take these days. He seems like he belongs in the Adam West Batman show more than the modern day shows.

He's definitely way too over the top for a show that's supposed to be serious. I'll admit I didn't know much about him either but just read the first few sentences in the Wikipedia article about him.

"Gorilla Grodd is a hyper-intelligent telepathic gorilla able to control the minds of others. He was an average ape until an alien spacecraft (retconned from a radioactive meteor, which also empowered Hector Hammond) crashed in his African home."

It sounds like some guy at DC comics pitched this character as a joke and they took him seriously.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely way too over the top for a show that's supposed to be serious. I'll admit I didn't know much about him either but just read the first few sentences in the Wikipedia article about him.

"Gorilla Grodd is a hyper-intelligent telepathic gorilla able to control the minds of others. He was an average ape until an alien spacecraft (retconned from a radioactive meteor, which also empowered Hector Hammond) crashed in his African home."

It sounds like some guy at DC comics pitched this character as a joke and they took him seriously.

Gorilla Grod is a major villain though, i may be wrong here but i thought it was he who started the legion of doom...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gorilla Grod is a major villain though, i may be wrong here but i thought it was he who started the legion of doom...

Could be. I'm not well versed in all the different DC universe characters. A giant, genius, telepathic, alien gorilla just seems a bit out there even for super hero comics.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Thea is absolutely dead weight.

You need to keep Canary obviously (although after they ditched Roy...maybe not).

as for flash, this is really good now and probably the best comic show on tV (although I'm not fully caught up on Gotham).

I wish Smallville's writers were as good as these guys. So many good ideas, but they also turned in 2 season that were just horrific compared to anything Arrow has done (seasons 5 and 7 if you were wondering...)

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Thea is absolutely dead weight.

You need to keep Canary obviously (although after they ditched Roy...maybe not).

as for flash, this is really good now and probably the best comic show on tV (although I'm not fully caught up on Gotham).

I wish Smallville's writers were as good as these guys. So many good ideas, but they also turned in 2 season that were just horrific compared to anything Arrow has done (seasons 5 and 7 if you were wondering...)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is blowing every other comic TV show out of the water right now IMO. Gotham's season 2 has been pretty good so far, definitely improving on season 1. I'd probably put that at a distant second.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD and JJ were absolutely awesome, but I agree that they should be held in a different category.

Of the broadcast TV Marvel/DC shows (TWD and iZombie are removed from this discussion, IMHO)...

Gotham
SHIELD
Flash
Agent Carter
Arrow

All are watchable, though. And SHIELD is probably the biggest in scope, given its standing in the MCU.