• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the NFL

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who? (yes I actually know who)

I think he was one of those that had very few drops when the ball was actually thrown to him.
"To him" meaning not in the dirt near him or 48" over his head.
Because he caught it so well, he was not used - See Jacobi Meyers.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was one of those that had very few drops when the ball was actually thrown to him.
"To him" meaning not in the dirt near him or 48" over his head.
Because he caught it so well, he was not used - See Jacobi Meyers.
My sarcasm was more aimed at the little production we saw can hardly be missed. Your points have merit and I won't blame him completely for that lack of production.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sarcasm was more aimed at the little production we saw can hardly be missed. Your points have merit and I won't blame him completely for that lack of production.

And I think I spelled Jakobi wrong.

But I got closer then Tom did, he spelled it O C H O C I N C O and hated to throw him the ball.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think I spelled Jakobi wrong.

But I got closer then Tom did, he spelled it O C H O C I N C O and hated to throw him the ball.
I think that was my biggest disappointment with last year and possibly my biggest (among verrrrry few) disappointment with Tom in his career. In preseason he looked like a gamer and better than the typical preseason warrior who can't perform against the big dogs once the grass gets deep. When he was in the game with Gordon you needed to look twice to tell them apart and we saw enough contested catches to know he wasn't a bug-eyed dropper.

There is a point we really don't know though. We know he looked good when the ball got to him, but we can't judge how he performed before the ball was thrown. Success is based on each the receiver and QB making the same read and executing the same option. Maybe they just weren't making the same reads and it's Tom who wins since he starts with the ball.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was my biggest disappointment with last year and possibly my biggest (among verrrrry few) disappointment with Tom in his career. In preseason he looked like a gamer and better than the typical preseason warrior who can't perform against the big dogs once the grass gets deep. When he was in the game with Gordon you needed to look twice to tell them apart and we saw enough contested catches to know he wasn't a bug-eyed dropper.

There is a point we really don't know though. We know he looked good when the ball got to him, but we can't judge how he performed before the ball was thrown. Success is based on each the receiver and QB making the same read and executing the same option. Maybe they just weren't making the same reads and it's Tom who wins since he starts with the ball.

Go to 11:35.

4th and 3 from the 5 yard line. I told my son, they need to go for the first down and not the score. I said it 3 or 4 times.
Sure enough, Tom forced it to a covered Edelman in the end zone rather than toss it to a wide open Meyers at the 2 yard line that WOULD have been a TD to tie it up.

Could have been 2nd seed with a first round bye, maybe a trip to the AFCCG...

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton signs with the Cowboys. Didn’t see that one coming but thank you nine pound baby Jeebus we don’t have to hear anymore speculation about him coming here.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Shula kicked it at 90. RIP.

(Bill needs 56 wins to pass him in case you were wondering)

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Shula kicked it at 90. RIP.

(Bill needs 56 wins to pass him in case you were wondering)

I really don't want to disrespect the dead but fuck that guy. His annual pop shots at Belichick were so fucking petty for a dude with that much clout.

Belichick is currently winning at the only true stat that matters, he's still alive.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't want to disrespect the dead but fuck that guy. His annual pop shots at Belichick were so fucking petty for a dude with that much clout.

Belichick is currently winning at the only true stat that matters, he's still alive.
I never likes seeing him on the side line. He always had this arrogant "I'm smarter than everyone" look... The whole Belicheat thing was petty, especially by someone who knew how pervasively used the tactics in question were.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man I'm glad someone said it:suds:
Now as soon as Mercury Coke Morris crokes:thumb:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm glad someone said it:suds:
Now as soon as Mercury Coke Morris crokes:thumb:
I don't wish that guy dead, but certainly wouldn't mind if nobody ever mentioned him again. Not because of his slighting of the Pats by any means (he would have behaved that way for any team including the Dolphins)... I just can't stand seeing a total POS behave almighty.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay media reported on Tuesday 6/19/2020, that a llarge group of Tampa bay Buccaneers gathered at a local high school field and held a practice session for a little more than two hours. The one person hey seemed to agree that was in total charge was the quarterback, Tom Brady. From the reports, Brady worked the butts off the wide receivers and tight ends that were on the field. There were no other names than Brady. After the workout the guys hung around and talked tossed balls etc. for another twenty five minutes. Yet no one has any film or took shots with a cell phone. No one is questioning that it happened, but it's a rare thing for the media to attend something and not have cameras. Then someone said that a gathering of more than ten people is against the law right now and the TB media certainly doesn't want the Bucs or the NFL to take a hit.

The interesting thing about this is that other teams are supposedly telling their players to find fields and parking lots and stoneless cemeteries and get some practices in. Supposedly, the NFL has told teams to start bringing back employees other than players. The word was that they could bring back a maximum of 75 essential employees to begin operations.

Goodell made a few statements yesterday and said that the league has to start opening operational gates. Thay can't be swung wide open but have to be cracked open and then controlled. The owners have had several ZOOM meetings that the press was never informed of and no one has any hint of what they were about. If anyone (NY Post?) reports anything it will be pure speculation unless it's said publicly. Whatever has been transpiring has been kept out of the media for a reason and the owners have apparently been sworn to secrecy.

One other very interesting football item was announced yesterday and not a single word has been spoken. Boston College announced Tuesday that classes will fully reopen and the campus will be in full operation in August. The football team will reportedly check in on August 1st.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams are supposedly telling their players to find fields and parking lots and stoneless cemeteries ....
stone-less cemetery - Isn't that a field?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally................some real news about the 2020 NFL season.

Teams will not be allowed to hold practices at remote locations. All practices must be held at the team facilities

NFL to Hold Training Camps at Team Facilities

League is looking at travel and it appears that there will not be any games in London or Mexico. They are also looking at rescheduling games for teams that are traveling across the country. If a team must travel, their looking at rescheduling the teams and like the Patriots who will be playing at Seattle, and LA twice in consecutive weeks. The patriots could go to Seattle Week 6 and then go to LA for Week 7 & 8 against the Chargers and Rams. That way, they would need to travel cross country once. The Patriots own their own aircraft but the league wants to cut team travel as much as possible. The Raiders and Chiefs would back fill weeks 13 & 14.

The league also announced that there will be NO cross training with other teams.