• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the NFL

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL has begun testing all players for the Corona Virus.

On Monday it was announced that 95 players had a positive test result
On Tuesday it was announced that 59 more players had a positive result.

Two days of testing and 154 positive results, Unknown how many players were actually test. At this time there are 90 players on all teams' rosters. That's a total of 2880 players. So far 5% of that total have tested positive.

No other facts or data have been made available and the media apparently is more interested in baseball starting exhibition games last night.
I know you disclosed no additional information was provided, but it brings up additional questions... for one, were the "positive tests" for active, currently contagious cases or whether the players have or have had the virus?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL has begun testing all players for the Corona Virus.

On Monday it was announced that 95 players had a positive test result
On Tuesday it was announced that 59 more players had a positive result.

Two days of testing and 154 positive results, Unknown how many players were actually test. At this time there are 90 players on all teams' rosters. That's a total of 2880 players. So far 5% of that total have tested positive.

No other facts or data have been made available and the media apparently is more interested in baseball starting exhibition games last night.
But it's not real, it's government lie. If we don't test people we won't see a rise in the numbers!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not real, it's government lie. If we don't test people we won't see a rise in the numbers!
I'm so shocked at how well orchestrated the hoax is. They are having a co-worker of mine play acting as part of the hoax. Does this guy think I believe he has the virus?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL and the union are pissing about money. The NFL doesn't want to give players a years credit for opting out and of course the NFLPA wants them to egt it. Then the NFL says that this year's salasry will count against the cap in 2021 and the union is going BS because the cap could be at $179M at very most and players who come back would be a double cap hit. The league say that contracts cannot be legally pushed out an extra year and that the dollars will have to paid and can't be pushed out five or ten years.

Today is supposedly the drop dead for opting out and the NFLPA saays that there was an agreement to allow players seven days after the agreement was signed. Problem is that the two children just can't agree on anything.

MY opinion? You want to opt out? Fine, No problem. You forfeit a year's pay and seniority and your contract moves forward a year as if you played. You don't get shit from the league or your team. You make the choice and figure what you're going to do and how you're going to do it. Be an adult and deal with it. Maybe you'll qualify for unemployment. As far as the cap goes, this year's salary will count against the cap as if the player was on the team. make it as simple as possible and you can't worry that a guy who was making $565,000 in 2019 might not have saved at least $26,000 to buy food and pay the light bill for upcoming year. Maybe, just maybe a fringe player will have to get a job at a local business making $15 an hour. He'll appreciate the $275.00 and hour he was making in 2019 ($565,000/52/40= $272.00).

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NATIONAL NEWS

EXTRACURRICULAR

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Gostkowski, whom the Patriots released in March after he struggled through a hip injury that forced him out of all but four games in 2019, has found a new team: The Tennessee Titans.

At the helm of the Titans is an old colleague of Gostkowski’s, ex-Patriot Mike Vrabel. Vrabel was on the tail end of his career with New England when Gostkowski was drafted by the Patriots in 2006.

Gostkowski ended his Patriots career as the team’s all-time leading scorer. He took over for Adam Vinatieri and rarely missed a kick: He connected on 374 of 428 field goal attempts and 653 of 664 PATs for 1,775 points in 204 regular-season games.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 3 NFL teams will have fans in the stands for their home openers

Jacob Knutson

1598726771282.jpg

A view of Dolphins stadium on Aug. 29. Photo: Mark Brown/Getty Images

The Cowboys, Chiefs and Dolphins are the only NFL teams that have promised to have fans in the stands during their first game of the regular season, the Boston Globe reports.

Why it matters: Over 75% of the league has ruled out admitting fans at home openers over concerns about the coronavirus pandemic, though a normal game-day experience for teams that do allow fans will be elusive.

The big picture: The Kansas City Chiefs will only have 16,000 fans, around 20% of capacity, in attendance during their first three home games, while the Miami Dolphins will only admit 13,000 on Sept. 20 to see them play the Bills.

• The Dallas Cowboys have yet to announce a plan, though owner Jerry Jones promised to allow some fans, according to the Globe.
  • Another six teams — the Cardinals, Panthers, Browns, Colts, Jaguars and Buccaneers — hope to allow fans but local authorities have yet to approve their plans.
Of note: Miami and Dallas are two of the largest coronavirus hotspots in the country, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

Why is it that three teams will have fans when 29 will not? Especially Dallas and Miami where the virus is huge problem. KC is doing it because they have one of the biggest home field advantages in the NFL and while they're saying that they want to give fans a chance to see the Champs, the rest of the league knows that there would be zero advantage with empty seats. Officially KC will allow 16,000 fans into Arrowhead but there's a very strong push back from season ticket holders who can't understand why they can't be allowed in when others are. KC is trying to let all of them in for at least one game. The luxury box owners certainly won't be denied a game. Supposedly the Chiefs have asked if they can increase the number to 25,000 and have been told by staate and local authorities, "No".

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that three teams will have fans when 29 will not? Especially Dallas and Miami where the virus is huge problem. KC is doing it because they have one of the biggest home field advantages in the NFL and while they're saying that they want to give fans a chance to see the Champs, the rest of the league knows that there would be zero advantage with empty seats. Officially KC will allow 16,000 fans into Arrowhead but there's a very strong push back from season ticket holders who can't understand why they can't be allowed in when others are. KC is trying to let all of them in for at least one game. The luxury box owners certainly won't be denied a game. Supposedly the Chiefs have asked if they can increase the number to 25,000 and have been told by staate and local authorities, "No".

Here's to hoping it turns into a distraction for them.
We need some new blood in there.
I'm SOOO sick of seeing the Chiefs win everything.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs dump.....

"A fan favorite and standout during training camp in 2020 is among the players reported as having been released by the team. According to Sam McDowell of the Kansas City Star, the Chiefs have waived second-year WR Jody Fortson.'

"Fortson joined the team as an undrafted free agent out of Valdosta State in 2019. He started off working as a tight end before the team moved him over to the receiver room, where he really began to shine. He spent the entirety of the 2019 season on the practice squad, helping hone the Chiefs’ defense while working on the scout team."

Numbers game in KC

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone stay up and watch the Broncos and Titans?

Everyone was thinking that the Patriots sure missed Gostkowski Sunday.........

He missed his first 4 last night and was the hero kicking a 24 yarder with 17 seconds left and Vrabel was biting his lip under his mask when the ball was snapped.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone stay up and watch the Broncos and Titans?

Everyone was thinking that the Patriots sure missed Gostkowski Sunday.........

He missed his first 4 last night and was the hero kicking a 24 yarder with 17 seconds left and Vrabel was biting his lip under his mask when the ball was snapped.
It would appear at this point BB made another good decision letting someone go at the right time.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown is reunited with Tom Brady and signs a 1 years deal with Bucs today

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Brown is reunited with Tom Brady and signs a 1 years deal with Bucs today
Good for him makes a good team even better. I keep telling people watch this Bucs team they are great and getting better. Fantastic QB. loaded at WR and TE, Stout Defense, decent run game. I think this team makes the SB this year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him makes a good team even better. I keep telling people watch this Bucs team they are great and getting better. Fantastic QB. loaded at WR and TE, Stout Defense, decent run game. I think this team makes the SB this year.
The only thing that will screw them is on the sideline........................Bruce Arians.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that will screw them is on the sideline........................Bruce Arians.
LOL That may very well happen. Although they seem to be adjusting to TB skill sets. Tom is the master of the short game and IMO still good enough to toss a long ball when needed. Hopefully Ariens can quell his personal need to attack downfield all day.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL That may very well happen. Although they seem to be adjusting to TB skill sets. Tom is the master of moving the chains and IMO still good enough to toss a long ball when needed. Hopefully Ariens can quell his personal need to attack downfield all day.
FIFY

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game worth watching tomorrow will be the Chiefs visiting the Miami Dolphins. The Chiefs are 11-1 and absolutely cannot lose and fall behind the Steelers again. The Steelers want that bye week and so do the Chiefs. I rarely, if ever, cheer on the Dolphins. Tomorrow, they'll have all of my support.

Here's hoping it's brutal for both sides and the Dolphins limp to victory only to lose to the Patriots next Sunday.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A game worth watching tomorrow will be the Chiefs visiting the Miami Dolphins. The Chiefs are 11-1 and absolutely cannot lose and fall behind the Steelers again. The Steelers want that bye week and so do the Chiefs. I rarely, if ever, cheer on the Dolphins. Tomorrow, they'll have all of my support.

Here's hoping it's brutal for both sides and the Dolphins limp to victory only to lose to the Patriots next Sunday.
I hope they battle but KC comes out on top.

One of the slimmest of margins way NE could sneak into the playoffs would be Mia losing out.

I don't think it happens and not sure I want to see NE get humiliated in the POs anyway but...

Mia has KC, NE, LV and Buf so there is a slight possibility.