• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the NFL

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking on Early Edition tonight.

First odd thing I heard was that the 2021 Cap is now being re-discussed. There was a 'leak' that the cap may be reset at $180M. If that's the truth, the patriots will have $62M.

The next thing talked about was how difficult it will be to get a veteran WR to sign if the Pats don't have a named starter at QB. It might cost more money to entice a player if there is no one.

That lead to the discussion bout free agency and how teams will have to scramble to get down to the $180M level and the cuts that are going to have to be made. Jags and Jets will still have a busload of cash and will be able to throw big bucks at just about anyone..

Supposedly the league will officially announce it after the Super Bowl.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking on Early Edition tonight.

First odd thing I heard was that the 2021 Cap is now being re-discussed. There was a 'leak' that the cap may be reset at $180M. If that's the truth, the patriots will have $62M.

The next thing talked about was how difficult it will be to get a veteran WR to sign if the Pats don't have a named starter at QB. It might cost more money to entice a player if there is no one.

That lead to the discussion bout free agency and how teams will have to scramble to get down to the $180M level and the cuts that are going to have to be made. Jags and Jets will still have a busload of cash and will be able to throw big bucks at just about anyone..

Supposedly the league will officially announce it after the Super Bowl.
That makes sense, any WR worth their salt would not want to come here. Priority #1 needs to be QB. Other than Prescott is there really a FA QB worth it?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense, any WR worth their salt would not want to come here. Priority #1 needs to be QB. Other than Prescott is there really a FA QB worth it?
Not in my opinion!
Hoever, Getting a vet to a 1 year deal because of the cap situation might be possible.
Thing is, I don't want another Cam!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor would any other player. No one wants to sign where there are no critical pieces in place. Especially when the missing piece is a QB and the player being asked to sign is a WR.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did it again. Sure the team helped, but he got there. A lot of you will think, "he's not on my team, so what?". I think his continued success reflects positively on the Pats dynasty as well as the better he plays know the more stink is erased from the whole bullshit deflategate.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did it again. Sure the team helped, but he got there. A lot of you will think, "he's not on my team, so what?". I think his continued success reflects positively on the Pats dynasty as well as the better he plays know the more stink is erased from the whole bullshit deflategate.
I am still not rooting for him...but...

I was thinking this weekend, maybe his reason for leaving was he did not want Peyton to have one up on him.
Peyton won a SB with two teams. Was that a driving factor?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have maintained all along that I hold no ill will toward TB12, he did what was best for him and as I said he owes this team nothing. I will be pulling for the Bucs

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have maintained all along that I hold no ill will toward TB12, he did what was best for him and as I said he owes this team nothing. I will be pulling for the Bucs
You should be, back yard an all. I've pulled for NY teams in the past when I'm working closely with individuals from NY. It's not that I've shifted sentiment, it's just I want those I'm close to having joy.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still not rooting for him...but...

I was thinking this weekend, maybe his reason for leaving was he did not want Peyton to have one up on him.
Peyton won a SB with two teams. Was that a driving factor?
already set 1 record only qb to win champ game in both nfc/afc

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also only player ever to play in 10 Super Bowls.
This is an amazing stat I was thinking about that last night. We all are so blessed to have had him as our QB and equally blessed that we watched history as it was being made.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still maintain that BB politely told Tom the rebuild would take a few seasons so Tom decided to find a team already in place which he obviously did, and then added Gronk and Brown.

I am not rooting for or against the Bucs. Whoever wins, wins. That said:

If Antonio Brown plays Chiefs 38 Bucs 33

If Antonio Brown doesn't play Bucs 42 Chiefs 38

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hadn't thought of that, both of Peyton's Teams being AFC.
craig morton did it but lost both SBs with dallas and against dallas
kurt warner did it with rams and zona but lost SB with zona

so i was led astray by tv again thats where i heard that :suds:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
craig morton did it but lost both SBs with dallas and against dallas
kurt warner did it with rams and zona but lost SB with zona

so i was led astray by tv again thats where i heard that :suds:
Did Craig Morton play in the game for Dallas? And both the Rams and zona are AFC.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And both the Rams and zona are AFC.
Sorry, the rams and Cards are NFC and have always been.

Seattle was in the AFC and Pittsburgh was switched from the NFL to the AFC as was Baltimore, both in 1970 when the leagues merged.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, the rams and Cards are NFC and have always been.

Seattle was in the AFC and Pittsburgh was switched from the NFL to the AFC as was Baltimore, both in 1970 when the leagues merged.
Yeah, So Brady is the first to bring both an AFC and an NFC tam to the SB.

He is one win away from setting another.
Or the Chiefs are one win away from being the first team to win back to back since the Pats in '03 and '04.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson, Stafford, Rodgers....you guys interested?