• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO CIN can't make a statement they're a SB contender until they can prove they can win a playoff game, ala the Falcons of 2 years ago.

Cincy has 2 tough challenges coming up in Pittsburgh and Kansas City. How they play these next two weeks will pretty much determine if they are legit or not.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO CIN can't make a statement they're a SB contender until they can prove they can win a playoff game, ala the Falcons of 2 years ago.

Well...that much is true, especially so given their playoff history of late. But I say that because if they go 6-1...they can start looking like an 11 win type team which could be a 2 seed....imo the way to get to the SB is have one of those top 2 seeds...win 2 games and you're in baby!.

But they do need to get playoff win #1 first.

Now if they lose them both...it's going to be a dogfight to get out of the north and 4th seed might await the winner.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy has 2 tough challenges coming up in Pittsburgh and Kansas City. How they play these next two weeks will pretty much determine if they are legit or not.

I think if they win them both, that will say a lot more than if they lose both...based on what I think is shaping up in DIV...they could lose both can still be a playoff factor, but the north winner seeing could be 3rd or 4th....you go in as a 3 or 4 seed, you need to be peaking in JAN to make it to the SB.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they win them both, that will say a lot more than if they lose both...based on what I think is shaping up in DIV...they could lose both can still be a playoff factor, but the north winner seeing could be 3rd or 4th....you go in as a 3 or 4 seed, you need to be peaking in JAN to make it to the SB.

Even if Cincy doesn't beat Kansas City, if they just contend and play well, I think I'd still say there might be a chance for them to at least win a playoff game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Cincy doesn't beat Kansas City, if they just contend and play well, I think I'd still say there might be a chance for them to at least win a playoff game.

IDK if I agree they will win a playoff game, but you did say "might be a chance"....lol

I think CIN can actually win this game...even though they haven't really shown it, I think they have the better DEF.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6 Recap

CIN...4-2, L vs PIT, 21-28...the Bengals take their 1st DIV loss in heartbreaking fashion. Great game to watch if you were a neutral fan. Stymied much of the second half, the CIN finally mounted a scoring drive late to take the lead...just wasn't late enough. Giving Ben a little over a minute and 3 TOs was too much time....Once Juju made the big catch getting them in FG range...you almost can't blame CIN for going all out for the sack to knock them out of FG range, but the gamble was not disguised well enough and AB ran the hot route, got a nice pick by Hunter and that was the ball game.

BAL...4-2, W @ TN, 21-0...complete domination of the line of scrimmage...7 1st downs, and 106 total yards @ home for the Titans...record breaking day for sacks with 11 for the Ravens.

PIT...3-2-1, W @ CIN, 28-21...The Steelers have now won 2 straight heading into their bye week. Although the DEF gave up a late score requiring that great comeback win, they played pretty well in the 2nd half until that drive. Still hard to see where this team is going to end up but they're at least getting themselves back in the conversation for playoff talk.

CLE...2-3-1, L vs LAC, 14-38...Just as CLE was starting to look like a tough out every week, they lay a stinker at home to the Chargers. The score says the Chargers OFC just ran roughshod in this one, and that's exactly what happened with Melvin Gordon...but Mayfield looked like the rookie he is in this game as well.

AFC at large...lots of teams in that 2-3 loss range right now. The east, you know NE who survived a helluva game last night will factor late...MIA maybe, and NYJ probably not. South...that looks to be a 3 team race with probably the DIV winner the only playoff team. West...KC is still the top dog out there, but it's a two team race with the Chargers showing their preseason hype was at least good for the 1st half.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6 Recap

CIN...4-2, L vs PIT, 21-28...the Bengals take their 1st DIV loss in heartbreaking fashion. Great game to watch if you were a neutral fan. Stymied much of the second half, the CIN finally mounted a scoring drive late to take the lead...just wasn't late enough. Giving Ben a little over a minute and 3 TOs was too much time....Once Juju made the big catch getting them in FG range...you almost can't blame CIN for going all out for the sack to knock them out of FG range, but the gamble was not disguised well enough and AB ran the hot route, got a nice pick by Hunter and that was the ball game.

BAL...4-2, W @ TN, 21-0...complete domination of the line of scrimmage...7 1st downs, and 106 total yards @ home for the Titans...record breaking day for sacks with 11 for the Ravens.

PIT...3-2-1, W @ CIN, 28-21...The Steelers have now won 2 straight heading into their bye week. Although the DEF gave up a late score requiring that great comeback win, they played pretty well in the 2nd half until that drive. Still hard to see where this team is going to end up but they're at least getting themselves back in the conversation for playoff talk.

CLE...2-3-1, L vs LAC, 14-38...Just as CLE was starting to look like a tough out every week, they lay a stinker at home to the Chargers. The score says the Chargers OFC just ran roughshod in this one, and that's exactly what happened with Melvin Gordon...but Mayfield looked like the rookie he is in this game as well.

AFC at large...lots of teams in that 2-3 loss range right now. The east, you know NE who survived a helluva game last night will factor late...MIA maybe, and NYJ probably not. South...that looks to be a 3 team race with probably the DIV winner the only playoff team. West...KC is still the top dog out there, but it's a two team race with the Chargers showing their preseason hype was at least good for the 1st half.

Things look differently to me than they did a few weeks ago. I don't think the NFC-S is nearly as formidable as any of us thought they were. The Saints are clearly the team to beat there, but they probably should have taken a home loss against the Browns. Clearly, they are beatable. The Panthers were getting their tails kicked by a very ordinary Redskins team yesterday. The AFC-W has two good teams and two teams that are seriously flawed. Looking at schedules for all 4 AFC-N teams, I now think it's possible that at least one team could get hot and win 11. A few weeks ago, I would have suggested the division winner would finish with 9.

The AFC Wildcards are likely to be the Chargers and the runner-up from our division, unless Miami rides a week schedule to become an immensely crappy 6th seed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things look differently to me than they did a few weeks ago. I don't think the NFC-S is nearly as formidable as any of us thought they were. The Saints are clearly the team to beat there, but they probably should have taken a home loss against the Browns. Clearly, they are beatable. The Panthers were getting their tails kicked by a very ordinary Redskins team yesterday. The AFC-W has two good teams and two teams that are seriously flawed. Looking at schedules for all 4 AFC-N teams, I now think it's possible that at least one team could get hot and win 11. A few weeks ago, I would have suggested the division winner would finish with 9.

The AFC Wildcards are likely to be the Chargers and the runner-up from our division, unless Miami rides a week schedule to become an immensely crappy 6th seed.

NFCS...yeah NO is the cream that's rising, but I'm not convinced their DEF is anything special. BAL & PIT both still have to play the Saints. In fact the Ravens still have all 4 NFCS games remaining starting with NO this week.

ATL will be hit or miss in the games the OFC is on...I don't think they're going to be very good on the road with all those DEF injuries.

CAR...actually WAS ran the ball quite well on CAR which is surprising, but as can happen with CAR, OFC can go cold at times. I think all 4 are dangerous teams on the wrong day.

Looking at both 4 win teams in the DIV, 10-6 right now would be my guess.

You guys have KC, NO, @BAL. @LAC, @ PIT...2 wins from that group and maybe CIN will post 11 wins, and I'm seeing as many a 7 land mines for the Ravens....NO, @ CAR, PIT, CIN, @ ATL, @ KC, LAC

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll shake it anywhere I damn please after a win like that.

That's fine, but when you start throwing the nuttin sauce all over the place, I'm grabbing the electric fly swatter. :kk:

Sicko sum bitch

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but when you start throwing the nuttin sauce all over the place, I'm grabbing the electric fly swatter. :kk:

Sicko sum bitch
Well don't go in the AFCN Hate Guide then... I'm currently making a deposit

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well don't go in the AFCN Hate Guide then... I'm currently making a deposit

The Bengals, Ratbirds, and Brown's live that shit......

5 bucks miss Chaney is on her knees, mouth W I D E open.....:dhd: