• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals, Ratbirds, and Brown's live that shit......

5 bucks miss Chaney is on her knees, mouth W I D E open.....:dhd:
Maybe once she experiences another breakdown she'll make her valiant return as @Midnightangel

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe once she experiences another breakdown she'll make her valiant return as @Midnightangel

Ole Meg.....
The famous catch, chew, and spit bitch......
I honestly have to say miss Chaney has more pride in her team than Meg did....

But hey, idk, grab yourself a bag of flour and give them hogs a ride. Get back to me, let me know which one squeals and which ones back is less hairy:dhd:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 AFCN Recap

PIT…3-2-1…Bye. The head coach (O’Brien maybe) that went for it deep in own territory in OT…failed and lost the game as a result…This is why you play for the tie….lol. Riding a 2 game win streak, PIT moves into 1st place in the DIV…a benefit of EVERYONE in the DIV losing….nice job!

Next game…Week 8, CLE 2.0

CIN…4-3…L @ KC 10-45…The Bengals have now dropped their last 2 games. KC turned a close 1Q game into a 24-7 half time lead. KC scoring 35+ points in this game was not a huge surprise, but the KC DEF dominating a pretty talented OFC group was a little surprising. After a crushing loss at home to PIT and a blow out loss on the road, the Bengals need to regroup.

Next game…week 8, Tampa

BAL…4-3…L vs NO 23-24…The Ravens lost what look like a sure OT game at the very least when normally very reliable Justin Tucker missed the XPT after Flacco drove them down to score a game tying TD in the final seconds. Harbaugh wisely called for the XPT and the tie after John Browns TD with 24 second left….tough loss.

Next game…week 8, @ CAR

CLE…2-4-1…L vs TB 23-26 OT…I think this is the 2nd or 3 OT game CLE has played in. This one was sorta of an sluggish OFC type of game, mostly controlled by Tampa but several turnovers kept CLE alive. Special teams and a INT gave CLE a short field to climb back into the game this game in the 4Q. Bucs missed a 40 yd FGA in regulation, but made from 59 yds in OT to win it.

Next game…week 8 @ PIT 2.0

AFC at large...

EAST...NE (5-2) MIA (4-3) NYJ (3-4)

SOUTH...HOU (4-3) and TN & JAX are both (3-4)

WEST...KC (6-1), LAC (5-2), DEN (3-4)

Exactly what the NFL wants right now...a LOT of teams in th emix.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As awful as that Bengals game was, it was an expected result. There is nothing wrong with losing to one of the best teams, with one of the best home field advantages, on a Sunday Night. The bigger issue is that the Bengals D looks to be seriously flawed.... Maybe it's something that partially resolves over the badly needed bye week. There is too much talent on that side of the ball to be playing so poorly. They are not adjusting to the new system at all.

The Ravens loss was a back-breaker.... While there is no shame in losing to the Saints, they lost on a day that they played pretty darn good football against a good team. Their offense just didn't do enough until too late. The big issue for Baltimore is that they still have road games in LA (Chargers), KC, and Carolina. There season rides on what they do over the next 3 weeks.

Cleveland has had horrible luck in OT games... They could easily be 5-2 right now. As it stands, I think they are starting to fade.

Last edited:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As awful as that Bengals game was, it was an expected result. There is nothing wrong with losing to one of the best teams, with one of the best home field advantages, on a Sunday Night. The bigger issue is that the Bengals D looks to be seriously flawed.... Maybe it's something that partially resolves over the badly needed bye week. There is too much talent on that side of the ball to be playing so poorly. They are not adjusting to the new system at all.

The Ravens loss was a back-breaker.... While there is no shame in losing to the Saints, they lost on a day that they played pretty darn good football against a good team. Their offense just didn't do enough until too late. The big issue for Baltimore is that they still have road games in LA (Chargers), KC, and Carolina. There season rides on what they do over the next 3 weeks.

Cleveland has had horrible luck in OT games... They could easily be 5-2 right now. As it stands, I think they are starting to fade.
The Bengals O looked horrible too. They scored only 10 points against a D that everyone else has shredded this season.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals O looked horrible too. They scored only 10 points against a D that everyone else has shredded this season.

I agree. They really haven't been the same since Eifert went down in Atlanta. They don't have a third receiving option. That said, they are basically where they are supposed to be on offense.... There will be some down days. But the defense is a significant liability. It's amazing how bad they are.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CIN...I expected a better game because KC's DEF is really not that great. Dalton and company failed you in that one as much as the DEF did. Having also loss to KC, so we've seen them up close too. They're pretty good at starting out fast and they're built to play with a lead, not so much a grind it out game where they're facing a heavy dose of Connor or Mixon all game.

But agreed, CIN could afford those two losses...imo need to get back on the winning track this week...3 Ls in a row would be a problem I think.

BAL...yep. Really tough loss. NO getting nothing after dominating the Ravens on a 10 min/20 play opening drive got the fans back into it and changed the early MO in that game. They face a different type challenge in CAR...imo they match up better with the Panthers, should be a good game.

CLE...4 OT games is the number I think....in this one they got a INT late and gave it right back on the same play or the next play IIRC....buzzard's luck. Hue is getting a little desperate though, now wanting to "get more involved in playcalling". There are rumblings Hue might not finish the year.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn this is going to be a fun battle for the division boys. Bengals need a rebound big time. Crushing loss for the Ravens. I expected to lose that game but the way we lost is what hurts. Tough way to follow with the Panthers this week. Steelers couldn't have asked for a better place to be after week 7 after the way the first 2 weeks went.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Browns season is closing out. A little later than usual, but still...

Just what Hue Jackson needs -- a pre-Halloween date in Pittsburgh

Who takes over? This ding-dong?

tenor.gif

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings of the AFC North, ONCE AGAIN!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8 AFCN Recap

PIT...4-2-1...W vs CLE 33-18. The 3 game win streak and the tie is still holding up and keeping PIT atop the DIV. The Steelers started this one out sluggish on OFC, while the DEF kept CLE to a pair of solid drives to FGs early...Really from their 4th possession on, the Steelers OFC dominated this game with Conner again having a big day, but ironically another fumble vs the Browns but it didn't matter, this one was over when Connor punched in his 1st TD in the 3Q.

Week 9...@ BAL2.0

CIN...5-3...W vs TB 37-34. What once was a 27-6 breather late in the 1st half turned into a 34-34 tie with a minute and change to go. After Winston's 4th INT of the game, Koetter finally had enough and pulled him for FitzMagic and he performed. He got points out of all 3 drives in this game, a FG and two TDs, the final one tying the game with 1:05 left...a big pass completion to AJ Green got CIN in position to win it as time expired.

Week 9...Bye week

BAL...4-4...L @ CAR 21-36. The Ravens DL was not able to handle Cam as he scored once running and had 2 TD passes as well. A fairly close game early, but the Raven OL had some protection problems on two straight possessions that took Flacco off the field and CAR responded with a TD both times taking a 7-7 tie to a 21-7 lead into the half and a weird sequence right before the half seemed to trick Harbaugh. With 5 secs left and the Panthers slightly out of FG range, they decided to take a delay of game to help the punter maybe...they faked a kick and completed a pass with 2 seconds left giving them a closer FG which they make to go up 24-7 just before the half and it was a wrap from there, Ravens never threaten the 2nd half.

Week 9...vs PIT2.0

CLE...2-5-1 L @ PIT 18-33. The Browns have now dropped their last 3 games and all the positive vibes that CLE had earlier in the year is turning into rumors of Haley getting fired, Hue Jackson getting fired or both getting fired. Not add fuel to the fire but the next 2 weeks (home games vs KC & ATL) will probably be eliminated from playoff contention by their bye week and I expect some changes, if not during the bye week, certainly after the season Hue Jackson will be shown the door and there's a pretty good chance that Hue takes out Haley first.

Week 9...vs KC

AFC at large...right now the Steelers would be the 3 seed and unless they can solve Brady in a few weeks, they are probably going to do no better than the 3 seed if they hang on and win this DIV.

East

NE @ BUF tonight, I think we can assume NE goes to 6-2
MIA...4-4, they got smoked in HOU on TNF, Tannehill Q for this week

South

HOU (5-3) and everybody else is still alive, but under .500

West

KC (7-1) maintain their #1 seed position beating DEN @ home
LAC(5-2) were on their bye for week 8 head to SEA for week 9

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rooney needs to give Mike Munchak a 10-year contract.

Hand him a blank piece of paper and let Mike fill in what he wants.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Steelers will cruise to the division title. Baltimore doesn't have the talent to win 11 games which now looks like the number. The Bengals don't have a defense.... Not even close. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals go 3-5 in the second half and miss the playoffs. But they have a few favorable matchups on there and the AFC isn't very deep this year so they could manage a 6th seed with a 9-7. I don't see much more out of them unless they drastically fix that D over the bye week.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue Jackson fired.

Cleveland will start over again next year. I get it.... It's a production business. But Hue could easily have 4 wins or more this year if he either had a kicker (tie vs. the Steelers, loss vs. the Saints), didn't get completely robbed (loss vs. Raiders) or didn't lose on a low percentage kick (@TB).

Now they will start over again. New offense for Mayfield, new ideas about personnel. Another 2 or 3 year plan before competing.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty typical for the Ravens. Missed extra point away from OT against one of the best teams in football against the Saints followed up by an absolute stinker against the Panthers. In danger of losing 3 straight with a very good Steelers team coming into town. 4-5 at the bye is not ideal. Could easily see us falling to 7-9 with a tough schedule after the bye too.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty typical for the Ravens. Missed extra point away from OT against one of the best teams in football against the Saints followed up by an absolute stinker against the Panthers. In danger of losing 3 straight with a very good Steelers team coming into town. 4-5 at the bye is not ideal. Could easily see us falling to 7-9 with a tough schedule after the bye too.
It's a tone setting critical game for both teams.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue Jackson fired.

Cleveland will start over again next year. I get it.... It's a production business. But Hue could easily have 4 wins or more this year if he either had a kicker (tie vs. the Steelers, loss vs. the Saints), didn't get completely robbed (loss vs. Raiders) or didn't lose on a low percentage kick (@TB).

Now they will start over again. New offense for Mayfield, new ideas about personnel. Another 2 or 3 year plan before competing.

Eight games too late imo.

As far as this season, yeah, they could easily be at least 4-4 or 5-3. but they found ways to lose those games and that just wasn't what they needed to see anymore of from a guy with a record like his. IMO Hue was never going to realistically win enough games for Dorsey to warrant keeping him. It's never a good thing to fire a HC midseason, but I was 90% sure that Hue done after this season.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-36-1. :L

Jackson's record as HC of the Browns. The worst record for a HC of 1 team in NFL history.

Yes, but we did you double the favor by getting that asshole Haley fired too......
At least now they can get someone in there to mold Mayfield instead of destroy his future.