• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great work per usual!

PIT... Statement game & a huge momentum boost as the Steelers head into a stretch of AFC games. JAX has to be reeling after that gut-shot of a loss to Indy. Their backs are against the wall which makes them dangerous. What I fear most is that Leonard Fournette looked like himself again and ready to bruise anything in his way. Steelers rush defense against bigger backs has been solid lately so I'm optimistic they can handle him.

CIN... They need to get healthy fast. Not having 2-3 defensive starters against the Saints proved costly. That unit looked nothing like it did the first quarter of the season. Going to be a huge game next week against BAL. Both teams are desperate for a W, let alone a divisional W. Huge implications for both teams.

BAL... Word broke that Harbaugh is going to "mutually" part ways after the season. I was surprised to hear it, but it makes sense with this being Ozzie's last year. Time for change in BAL. Going to miss what Harbs brought to this division. He's a pro's pro & I've always respected him. I don't know whether he can save his job in BAL, but there's zero doubt that he's out of work for long. Wouldn't be surprised to see him land in Cleveland or on the Jets. Definitely didn't see Marvin Lewis outlasting him in the AFCN though. Shocked about that. Onto Cincy. Need that W to keep their hopes alive. Flacco should be able to play (seeing as how he didn't seem phased playing 3 quarters with his hip injury against PIT) unless they want to tank the season out and get a higher draft pick. Maybe they see this as their tryout period for Lamar Jackson. Now that the coaching staff is destined for flux, they need to plan for the future. Flacco's dead cap is over 60% less next season (>$40m to $16m). Much more feasible to move on if they choose to do so.

CLE... Crazy how much Hue Jackson was holding this team back. The level of talent is ridiculous. I know ATL isn't the best of tests for an offense, but it was still a great statement game for them. Their defense was solid, and their offense is getting it done. I'm most impressed with Mayfield, Chubb & Ward. Those rooks seem destined to be stars. Baker has the look of a franchise QB. Smart decision making by taking what the defense gave him on most plays, but also has the ability to create plays. That scramble out of the busted pocket and throw for TD was a thing of beauty. He's going to be a problem for years to come. Chubb was definitely the right choice after they traded Hyde. Kid has a great motor and a powerful 1-cut downhill runner. He may not dazzle you, but he's an effective runner and thats what he needs to be. With a better O-line he could easily be a 1400-1500yd rusher. If you ever get the chance to watch CLE's defense you gotta watch Ward work. Kid has a veteran head on his shoulders. Watching him read & diagnose plays pre-snap is scary good. He makes mistakes, but his coverage abilities are on par with that of Jalen Ramsey (at least at relative points of their short careers). Even in the waning minutes when ATL was driving he made an excellent tackle to keep the clock rolling. Most DBs would have tackled the TE out of bounds, but he wisely curved out to in and tackled him towards the LOS. The TE even leapt for the sideline and looked like he almost got there but the ref called him inbounds. May not seem like much on the surface, but that is very smart decision making by a rookie DB that is almost unheard of anymore. Scary part is he's still learning & getting better.

Great early morning work Face!

PIT...I expect them to run a very similar DEF against JAX that they rain against CAR...both ILB should get 70-75% of the snaps much like they did vs CAR. Hopefully a different kind of challenge than McCaffery...they've gotta get multiple hats on the football when Fournette carries or catches it. Steelers have to be ready to play, but I have some confidence that they will bring a solid effort after having lost 2 straight to this team.

BAL...yeah I heard that as well. It sounds like he wants to go out with Newsome and let DeCosta start fresh with his own HC. If that's true that he's gone either way, I think he will go out playing Flacco (if healthy) until they are officially eliminated from the playoffs. Agreed, he carried on a very competitive rivalry that started with Billick. You knew every season back in Sept that 2 games a yr were going to be physical and challenging to win. I hope he goes to the NFC,(TB)but I think there will be several AFC jobs open...NYJ, JAX, in addition to the CLE job...if I were him I'd go for JAX and find a bridge QB.

CIN...it will be curious to see what happens here if they somehow lose this 6th seed. Does Lewis get more time? They have 5 wins but their 4 losses...CAR...loss by 10, PIT...loss by 7, KC loss by 35, NO loss by 37. If they can figure a way to get at least 4 more Ws that might be enough, but they look like a one and done team if they do get the 6 seed.

CLE...yeah, ATL is not a good measurement DEF, but at one time Mayfield was like 12 for 12 or something and his 1st incompletion was the pick. I have to say, watching the kid play, he has a more game than I wanted to give him credit for...little stuff like looking off the S. I still don't know if he's a #1 overall type talent, but it does look like they may have finally found the guy to build around.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great early morning work Face!

PIT...I expect them to run a very similar DEF against JAX that they rain against CAR...both ILB should get 70-75% of the snaps much like they did vs CAR. Hopefully a different kind of challenge than McCaffery...they've gotta get multiple hats on the football when Fournette carries or catches it. Steelers have to be ready to play, but I have some confidence that they will bring a solid effort after having lost 2 straight to this team.

BAL...yeah I heard that as well. It sounds like he wants to go out with Newsome and let DeCosta start fresh with his own HC. If that's true that he's gone either way, I think he will go out playing Flacco (if healthy) until they are officially eliminated from the playoffs. Agreed, he carried on a very competitive rivalry that started with Billick. You knew every season back in Sept that 2 games a yr were going to be physical and challenging to win. I hope he goes to the NFC,(TB)but I think there will be several AFC jobs open...NYJ, JAX, in addition to the CLE job...if I were him I'd go for JAX and find a bridge QB.

CIN...it will be curious to see what happens here if they somehow lose this 6th seed. Does Lewis get more time? They have 5 wins but their 4 losses...CAR...loss by 10, PIT...loss by 7, KC loss by 35, NO loss by 37. If they can figure a way to get at least 4 more Ws that might be enough, but they look like a one and done team if they do get the 6 seed.

CLE...yeah, ATL is not a good measurement DEF, but at one time Mayfield was like 12 for 12 or something and his 1st incompletion was the pick. I have to say, watching the kid play, he has a more game than I wanted to give him credit for...little stuff like looking off the S. I still don't know if he's a #1 overall type talent, but it does look like they may have finally found the guy to build around.
Great points.

PIT... They need to continue to start fast. Put the pressure on JAX's offense to throw the ball and let Blake Bortles be, Blake Bortles. However that was how they handled their last postseason loss, and Blake Bortles looked like Joe Montana. lol. Who the hell knows how this game will go. But its going to be sold as a huge AFC clash of giants or something rather... JAX will be ready. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ramsey take some shots in the media this week.

BAL... We can only hope that whomever takes the job will bring the same look & feel to this rivalry. Good point on Harbs & JAX. He loves his defenses so that seems like a match made in heaven.

CIN... Without AJ Green they have no identity. Dalton does have his bailouts anymore and they oddly enough don't seem to want to give Mixon a heavier workload. Makes no sense. Mixon runs wild for 1-2 series and then they stick him on the sidelines to cool off. And at that point the Bengals have dug themselves a 2 possession deficit and need to throw more. Nothing against Bernard, but they are holding Mixon back. It will help when they finally get their O-line back to full health. Dalton has been feeling lots of pressure recently.

CLE... Mayfield will definitely find his struggles, but I agree that he's a good choice to build around. He's the competitor that they need. Even if they are losing by 3 TDs he will always play to win. Year 2 will be the bigger test for him. If he can avoid the slump then CLE will hand the keys over. They haven't had a QB string together 2 "successful" seasons since... ??? That's a debate for another day! Getting a WR1 and adding to the O-line will be their top priority moving forward. Landry is good, but he thrives in the slot. They need that outside guy. Callaway is decent, but he's always going to be 1 boneheaded decision away from suspension just like Josh Gordon.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great points.

PIT... They need to continue to start fast. Put the pressure on JAX's offense to throw the ball and let Blake Bortles be, Blake Bortles. However that was how they handled their last postseason loss, and Blake Bortles looked like Joe Montana. lol. Who the hell knows how this game will go. But its going to be sold as a huge AFC clash of giants or something rather... JAX will be ready. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ramsey take some shots in the media this week.

BAL... We can only hope that whomever takes the job will bring the same look & feel to this rivalry. Good point on Harbs & JAX. He loves his defenses so that seems like a match made in heaven.

CIN... Without AJ Green they have no identity. Dalton does have his bailouts anymore and they oddly enough don't seem to want to give Mixon a heavier workload. Makes no sense. Mixon runs wild for 1-2 series and then they stick him on the sidelines to cool off. And at that point the Bengals have dug themselves a 2 possession deficit and need to throw more. Nothing against Bernard, but they are holding Mixon back. It will help when they finally get their O-line back to full health. Dalton has been feeling lots of pressure recently.

CLE... Mayfield will definitely find his struggles, but I agree that he's a good choice to build around. He's the competitor that they need. Even if they are losing by 3 TDs he will always play to win. Year 2 will be the bigger test for him. If he can avoid the slump then CLE will hand the keys over. They haven't had a QB string together 2 "successful" seasons since... ??? That's a debate for another day! Getting a WR1 and adding to the O-line will be their top priority moving forward. Landry is good, but he thrives in the slot. They need that outside guy. Callaway is decent, but he's always going to be 1 boneheaded decision away from suspension just like Josh Gordon.

PIT...JAX still has a pretty good DEF. What's missing from LY is the pressure. But that's what you get with 30+ y/o DEs coming off a career yr in sacks. Campbell is on pace for about 8 or 9 sacks this season...pretty good, but a far cry from 14.5. Same thing on the other side with Ngakoue. decent season, but not trending towards his '17 production. Protect Ben and keep Fournette under a 125 yds I like their chances...Ramsey has been quieted down with this 3-6 record, but also the back end play has not been quite as stellar as LY either.

BAL...I think DeCosta will aim for a more OFC minded HC. IDT Lamar Jackson was his pick or how much influence he had with that pick...they still have an outside shot at the post season, but if they don't make it they will probably be in that 8-8 or 9-7 type record which is not great positioning for a QB so I think they will probably be starting Jackson...no way does DeCosta saddle his new HC with Flacco and his $26 mil cap hit...is there?

CIN...Understanding some injuries, but the Bengals DEF has been a major league disappointment. Every good QB they've faced this yr has torched that DEF. Dunlap and Atkins are having pretty typical Dunlap and Atkins type seasons...productive but maybe not that impactful. This team is stuck in neutral until they finally move Lewis.

CLE...the rookie Ward you mentioned is a baller. I was paying attention to his coverage work yesterday. He showing that he was truly to a top 5 talent...I still think I would've preferred Chubb to go opposite Garrett, but they have to be loving this kid.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT...JAX still has a pretty good DEF. What's missing from LY is the pressure. But that's what you get with 30+ y/o DEs coming off a career yr in sacks. Campbell is on pace for about 8 or 9 sacks this season...pretty good, but a far cry from 14.5. Same thing on the other side with Ngakoue. decent season, but not trending towards his '17 production. Protect Ben and keep Fournette under a 125 yds I like their chances...Ramsey has been quieted down with this 3-6 record, but also the back end play has not been quite as stellar as LY either.

BAL...I think DeCosta will aim for a more OFC minded HC. IDT Lamar Jackson was his pick or how much influence he had with that pick...they still have an outside shot at the post season, but if they don't make it they will probably be in that 8-8 or 9-7 type record which is not great positioning for a QB so I think they will probably be starting Jackson...no way does DeCosta saddle his new HC with Flacco and his $26 mil cap hit...is there?

CIN...Understanding some injuries, but the Bengals DEF has been a major league disappointment. Every good QB they've faced this yr has torched that DEF. Dunlap and Atkins are having pretty typical Dunlap and Atkins type seasons...productive but maybe not that impactful. This team is stuck in neutral until they finally move Lewis.

CLE...the rookie Ward you mentioned is a baller. I was paying attention to his coverage work yesterday. He showing that he was truly to a top 5 talent...I still think I would've preferred Chubb to go opposite Garrett, but they have to be loving this kid.
PIT... Agreed. Pressure isn't there and the secondary isn't as dominant. What seems odd is TEs seem to be running wild on them. Strange. Dallas & KC have provided the blueprint, and Indy followed it. If Tom Coughlin has anything to say about it, he'll get the defense back on track.

BAL... Flacco... Maybe for stability if they don't think Jackson is the future of the position? He's still serviceable, but for that money? $26.5m in '19! Hard sell given how many chances they have given him and he hasn't produced anything noteworthy. Seems like they have grown tired of that contract. At least I would have. Now that the dead hit is significantly lower I would be looking to move on.

CIN... just saw this: Report: Bengals fire defensive coordinator Teryl Austin

CLE... Can you imagine if CLE had drafted Mahomes in '17, then grabbed both Chubb & Ward in this past draft? Still would have needed to get Hue out of the building, but damn. They had 3 1st round picks that year. Garrett was the obvious choice at #1, but they probably could have traded up for Mahomes. Nobody was planning on him going that early though at #10 overall, so maybe Cleveland got snaked.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT... Agreed. Pressure isn't there and the secondary isn't as dominant. What seems odd is TEs seem to be running wild on them. Strange. Dallas & KC have provided the blueprint, and Indy followed it. If Tom Coughlin has anything to say about it, he'll get the defense back on track.

BAL... Flacco... Maybe for stability if they don't think Jackson is the future of the position? He's still serviceable, but for that money? $26.5m in '19! Hard sell given how many chances they have given him and he hasn't produced anything noteworthy. Seems like they have grown tired of that contract. At least I would have. Now that the dead hit is significantly lower I would be looking to move on.

CIN... just saw this: Report: Bengals fire defensive coordinator Teryl Austin

CLE... Can you imagine if CLE had drafted Mahomes in '17, then grabbed both Chubb & Ward in this past draft? Still would have needed to get Hue out of the building, but damn. They had 3 1st round picks that year. Garrett was the obvious choice at #1, but they probably could have traded up for Mahomes. Nobody was planning on him going that early though at #10 overall, so maybe Cleveland got snaked.

BAL...yep it finally reaches a reasonably amount after this yer. Next year they take the post Jun1 release and they can spread Flacco's dead money hit over 2 years. They would be wise to do that. Yeah I'm not real high on Jackson as a starter in this league, but I would ride him and his $2.2 mil cap hit next yr over Flacco.

CIN...had to be coming soon with the way the DEF has played against top competition.

CLE...yessir...as good as Ward has been, I'm glad they didn't take Chubb, but this team will continue to collect top 10 to 15 draft picks for at least next year or 2 so they should add another impact player...and still tons of cap space to try and pry an OL if they don't go that route with the top pick.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really interesting moment for the Bengals.... Marvin Lewis is putting his money where his mouth is. He has been with the Bengals since 2003.... And he's had a number of teams with poor defenses. Those remembering the early Palmer years can certainly attest. All of those years in Cincy and he has only taken over reigns of the D one time - For one half of football @Cleveland in 2004. The cyinic in me says he's doing it because he knows it won't get worse..... They only play two top 10 offenses the rest of the way (LAC and Pit). But I also wonder if he is feeling desperate. Regardless, this season has gone from one where it was going to be a boring tailspin to finish around .500 to one with genuine intrigue. There are still 4-5 potential wins on this schedule (Cle, @Cle, @Bal, Den, Oak)..... Playoffs still in reach with a resurgent defense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really interesting moment for the Bengals.... Marvin Lewis is putting his money where his mouth is. He has been with the Bengals since 2003.... And he's had a number of teams with poor defenses. Those remembering the early Palmer years can certainly attest. All of those years in Cincy and he has only taken over reigns of the D one time - For one half of football @Cleveland in 2004. The cyinic in me says he's doing it because he knows it won't get worse..... They only play two top 10 offenses the rest of the way (LAC and Pit). But I also wonder if he is feeling desperate. Regardless, this season has gone from one where it was going to be a boring tailspin to finish around .500 to one with genuine intrigue. There are still 4-5 potential wins on this schedule (Cle, @Cle, @Bal, Den, Oak)..... Playoffs still in reach with a resurgent defense.

Knowing that roster pretty well, I'm stunned at the DEF performance this season.

I'm not sure he had much choice here...I mean we're talking historically bad DEF the last month.

IMO, Kirkpatrick is just okay imo, but with him Dennard, and Burfict CIN is more talented than TN, IND, MIA, BAL...in other words, all of the 6th seed chasers. 9 Ws will probably do it, 10 for sure.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that's a fairly easy 4-5 games. Those 4 divisional bouts (+@PIT) will be critical.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 11 Recap

PIT...7-2-1...W @ JAX...20-16....On a day filled with last second drama, none more so than this game. Down two possessions with 5 mins to go after another godawful OFC display against the Jaguars DEF, something clicked with Ben and this OFC. All told, they scored 3 TD in the 2nd half including 2 in the 4Q with Ben himself crossing the goal line improvising on a botched shuffle pass play with 5 seconds remaining. The win combined with CIN losing in BAL, the lead is now 3 on both BAL and CIN in the loss column in the DIV. Notable games left @ NO, LAC, NE

Next game...week 12 @ DEN

BAL...5-5...W vs CIN...24-21. I don't if I'm quite ready to call this the Lamar JAckson era in BAL yet, but the rookie got the W in his 1st NFL start. His stat line is not going to impress a lot of people (he ran the ball 8 more times than he passed it) but he was very effective getting 1st downs and grinding clock. The Ravens rushed for 250+ yds as a team and possessed the ball a full 16 mins longer than CIN...they only got in the endzone twice, but tack on 3 FGs and it 24 pts stood up. Worth noting...of the season ended today, BAL would be the 6th seed due to tiebreakers over CIN, MIA, and IND. Most interesting games left...@ ATL, @ KC @ LAC

Next game...week 12 vs OAK

CIN...5-5 L @ BAL...21-24. Bengals struggle to adapt to the elusive running QB. Jackson racked up 117 yds to go with 150 via the air and that balance was enough to keep Dalton and the CIN on the sidelines. BAL possessed the ball a full QTR + (16 mins) longer than the Bengals. BAL is still a tough place to win...The Bengals missed a 52 yd FG in the 4Q, and a short while later, opted to go on 4th down rather than attempt a game tying FG from about 8 or 9 yds longer at the end. In spite of this loss the Bengals are still very much in the playoff race...notable games left @ LAC, @PIT...both games with CLE still remaining too....they really need to get AJ Green back to have a legit chance imo.

Next game...week 12 CLE

CLE...3-6-1...Bye. The 1-1 Greg William lead Browns had the bye week to recalibrate, and gear up for the stretch run. The Browns are basically one loss away from playoff elimination so with 4 road games left in DEN, BAL, HOU, and CIN, I think it's safe to say they will not be playing football in January this season. That said, I think for the 1st time in a while they probably already know who their 2019 week one starter will be at QB...they can free wheel it, maybe cause some damage to some more opponent's chances.

Next game week 12 @ CIN

AFC At Large...The Chargers, 7-3 lost at home to DEN on a last sec FG but still have a comfortable hold on the 5 seed. IND, behind a 4 game win streak are throwing their name in the hat for the WC, but also letting HOU know they are still alive and kicking. If HOU and IND both win their next two leading up to IND vs HOU 2.0 game that week 14 matchup would have both teams coming on long winning streaks....should be an interesting game. NE had the week 11 bye.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore -- I'm going to be interested to see how long this Jackson led offense can be effective. They threw a bunch of stuff at Cincinnati that nobody has seen from them. It was almost like playing an option team in college. Lamar Jackson is gifted in this kind of offense because he has very good ball skills. Hard to know if he's keeping the ball or holding it. That being said, there is a reason why NFL teams don't run this type of offense very long.... Defense is too good in this league and teams will catch up. The potential for injury is also high. At some point, Jackson will have to become a passer.

Cincinnati -- A historically bad defense. Hard to know if Marvin Lewis calling D is really going to make much of a difference. The linebacker play is almost comical. It's a unit with a lot of holes. It's possible that they can have a few good days against some of the bad offenses still on the schedule, but they'll be blown out of the water by the good teams. Andy Dalton is quietly having a good season - It's really hard to blame him when he put up 21 in Baltimore without his best receiver and without having many drives to work with. The Bengals still have a clear path to 9 wins if they can handle Cleveland twice and take care of business at home against Oakland and Denver (the Denver game looks more difficult than it did several weeks ago).

The Field -- Starting to believe that the last wildcard will come from the South. The Titans and Colts both have underwhelming schedules down the stretch unless the Jags get their shit together and play spoiler. The Bengals hold the tiebreaker over the Colts. The Ravens hold the tiebreaker over the Titans.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win in Denver next week, and the Steelers are a half a game out from first seed.

After starting the season on a tie with the lowly Browns...
You've come a long way, baby.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff gentlemen!

PIT... Not ready to say this team has turned the corner. The more I think about it, the more I believe the Steelers got lucky against JAX. Yes they showed some resiliency, but a better offense would have sealed the deal against PIT and never gave Ben that last drive. PIT should feel fortunate to escape with a win. But I don't want to sell them too short. I do think the D has proved it can be a backbone to some degree. Its still not where it needs to be, but they are getting the job done when it matters. Bend but don't break can only get you so far before Tom Brady comes along and pulls the rug out from under you. They need better output from both sides of the ball this week in DEN. Keep stacking these AFC wins and they'll inch closer to wrapping up the division and a playoff seed. Still have 4 AFC matchups in a row... That OAK game has a lot of stink on it, but we know Tomlin gives us reason not to look past it lol. Keep on stacking Ws baby!

BAL... I'm with cincygrad in that I don't think BAL's new shtick will last very long. Flacco should be back this week and they are currently holding the 6th seed. Not seeing how they could continue to roll out that Lamar offense. Even if they were eliminated from January, that style of offense isn't run very often in the NFL for good reason. You can get away with it against teams with bad LBers but they would get dominated against better units. If BAL can continue to get some added life from their offense with Joe returning, they will be right in the thick of things. This week's game against OAK should be an easy game if they wanted to rest Joe 1 more week, but it still is a must-win game. Especially given the more difficult KC & LAC games still left on the schedule. They need every AFC W they can get.

CIN... Losing to BAL in that fashion was definitely a nail in the coffin. Not the last nail, since they are still alive in the WC hunt, but still a nail nonetheless. Their defense needs to wake up. Marv calling the shots is not going to cut it if that's the results they are going to get. Dalton is surprisingly keeping the offense afloat without Green, but they are still going to need AJ to make a push. The schedule is favorable so don't sleep on this team in the WC hunt. But as usual they are their own worst enemy. I have serious doubts this team can sweep the Browns at this rate. Backs against the wall now so they need to nut up or shut up.

CLE... Season is all but lost, but they have to be feeling confident after beating ATL and getting the bye week to rest. Quite the different team without Hue in the building. I'm glad to see them get new life but this isn't their season. Tough road games coming. Even if they win the majority of their remaining schedule I think it will be too little too late. Someone else will deliver the final blow in a game that they have nothing to do with. At any rate they'll be a feisty bunch for Cincy this week. Wouldn't be surprised to see them add another nail to their coffin. Chubb should have himself a field day.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore -- I'm going to be interested to see how long this Jackson led offense can be effective. They threw a bunch of stuff at Cincinnati that nobody has seen from them. It was almost like playing an option team in college. Lamar Jackson is gifted in this kind of offense because he has very good ball skills. Hard to know if he's keeping the ball or holding it. That being said, there is a reason why NFL teams don't run this type of offense very long.... Defense is too good in this league and teams will catch up. The potential for injury is also high. At some point, Jackson will have to become a passer.

Cincinnati -- A historically bad defense. Hard to know if Marvin Lewis calling D is really going to make much of a difference. The linebacker play is almost comical. It's a unit with a lot of holes. It's possible that they can have a few good days against some of the bad offenses still on the schedule, but they'll be blown out of the water by the good teams. Andy Dalton is quietly having a good season - It's really hard to blame him when he put up 21 in Baltimore without his best receiver and without having many drives to work with. The Bengals still have a clear path to 9 wins if they can handle Cleveland twice and take care of business at home against Oakland and Denver (the Denver game looks more difficult than it did several weeks ago).

The Field -- Starting to believe that the last wildcard will come from the South. The Titans and Colts both have underwhelming schedules down the stretch unless the Jags get their shit together and play spoiler. The Bengals hold the tiebreaker over the Colts. The Ravens hold the tiebreaker over the Titans.

BAL...agree. Jackson ran more in that game than he probably ever did in one game at Louisville...worth checking probably. I have to think that was an emergency game plan...1st read not open? Take off....someone said that OFC was not sustainable...it's not. They will figure out the proper angles just like the did with Vick, RG3, Kaep...you don't out run the NFL for long.

CIN...You 1st sentence is still the big question mark for the Bengal...how could the DEF be that bad?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff gentlemen!

PIT... Not ready to say this team has turned the corner. The more I think about it, the more I believe the Steelers got lucky against JAX. Yes they showed some resiliency, but a better offense would have sealed the deal against PIT and never gave Ben that last drive. PIT should feel fortunate to escape with a win. But I don't want to sell them too short. I do think the D has proved it can be a backbone to some degree. Its still not where it needs to be, but they are getting the job done when it matters. Bend but don't break can only get you so far before Tom Brady comes along and pulls the rug out from under you. They need better output from both sides of the ball this week in DEN. Keep stacking these AFC wins and they'll inch closer to wrapping up the division and a playoff seed. Still have 4 AFC matchups in a row... That OAK game has a lot of stink on it, but we know Tomlin gives us reason not to look past it lol. Keep on stacking Ws baby!

BAL... I'm with cincygrad in that I don't think BAL's new shtick will last very long. Flacco should be back this week and they are currently holding the 6th seed. Not seeing how they could continue to roll out that Lamar offense. Even if they were eliminated from January, that style of offense isn't run very often in the NFL for good reason. You can get away with it against teams with bad LBers but they would get dominated against better units. If BAL can continue to get some added life from their offense with Joe returning, they will be right in the thick of things. This week's game against OAK should be an easy game if they wanted to rest Joe 1 more week, but it still is a must-win game. Especially given the more difficult KC & LAC games still left on the schedule. They need every AFC W they can get.

CIN... Losing to BAL in that fashion was definitely a nail in the coffin. Not the last nail, since they are still alive in the WC hunt, but still a nail nonetheless. Their defense needs to wake up. Marv calling the shots is not going to cut it if that's the results they are going to get. Dalton is surprisingly keeping the offense afloat without Green, but they are still going to need AJ to make a push. The schedule is favorable so don't sleep on this team in the WC hunt. But as usual they are their own worst enemy. I have serious doubts this team can sweep the Browns at this rate. Backs against the wall now so they need to nut up or shut up.

CLE... Season is all but lost, but they have to be feeling confident after beating ATL and getting the bye week to rest. Quite the different team without Hue in the building. I'm glad to see them get new life but this isn't their season. Tough road games coming. Even if they win the majority of their remaining schedule I think it will be too little too late. Someone else will deliver the final blow in a game that they have nothing to do with. At any rate they'll be a feisty bunch for Cincy this week. Wouldn't be surprised to see them add another nail to their coffin. Chubb should have himself a field day.

PIT...they were extremely lucky. No way a McDaniels would basically concede the possession and punt it back to PIT with nearly 90+ secs left....a 3rd down playaction pass would've probably been wide open and salted that game away. But, taking advantage of that mistake was huge...I give them full credit there.

BAL...IDT even BAL believes they can win long term with Jackson running for 20+ time a game. Emergency gameplan got them a win...I think they go back to Flacco until they're eliminated.

CIN...they can make a run...I think they will make a run...will it be enough is the question.

CLE...Ward has been awesome, but they need to get Garrett some on the other side. A lot to like, but still hard to gauge much with the Browns because there's a very good chance there will be a new HC, new OC, new DC next yr. Hopefully they get the scheme to fit the talent.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you've all heard the news... but

Bengals are toast.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals season started circling the drain when Ben hit that pass to Brown to beat them late. Unfortunately this injury is just going to mask much bigger issues within the organization. The coaching staff was getting very little from this team and it's clear that change is needed. But, you can expect the Brown family to attribute this year's stinkfest to injuries and roll out the same tired shit again next year. Even if Marvin doesn't feel like taking any more abuse, the role will just be passed down to Hue. I think there is very little reason for hope.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals season started circling the drain when Ben hit that pass to Brown to beat them late. Unfortunately this injury is just going to mask much bigger issues within the organization. The coaching staff was getting very little from this team and it's clear that change is needed. But, you can expect the Brown family to attribute this year's stinkfest to injuries and roll out the same tired shit again next year. Even if Marvin doesn't feel like taking any more abuse, the role will just be passed down to Hue. I think there is very little reason for hope.

Spoken like a man that knows his team.

Time for a change...3 yrs ago. To know you have good players and continue yr after yr with the same regime that peaked about 4-5 yrs ago has to be frustrating.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCN Week 12 Recap

PIT...7-3-1...L @ DEN 17-24. The afternoon feature game, PIT OFC did just about whatever they wanted to...in between the goal lines. But, they turned it over 4 times including at the 3 yd line going in for the tie late in the 4Q. The loss couple with NE and HOU both winning their week 12 game, the Steelers drop the 4 seed position. With 3 difficult games on the horizon, this was a bad time for a loss, but Tomlin's teams rarely take the road less bumpy...several keys banged up hopefully they are ready to go Sunday Night.

Week 13 game...vs LA Chargers. (this could be the same opponent for WC week)

BAL...6-5...W vs OAK 34-17. Lamar JAckson get's his 2nd career start and he said there would be more passing and he did. Not his best work...hopefully. The D and ST scored in this game to make the score look more impressive. The Ravens are the 6 seed at the moment and also picks up a game on the Steelers for the DIV.

Week 13 game...@ ATL

CIN...5-6...L 20-35. The battle of OH went the way of the Browns in a big way and has pretty much ended the Bengals playoff hopes. Injuries, coaching changes, all of the above has derailed another good start. Dalton is listed as questionable, but a broken thumb sounds like he's done.

Week 13 game vs DEN.

CLE...4-6-1...W @ CIN 35-20. The Browns are suddenly surging under the interim leadership of Greg Williams. They blew open this game early behind the rookie combo of Mayfield and Chubb. Technically still alive for the playoffs. The Browns do seem to have found their QB of the future...it's be interesting to see what they do if Williams can get this group to 4 more wins.

Week 13 @ HOU

AFC At Large...The top 2 seeds, KC (bye) and NE (beat the Jets badly) are probably not going to lose very many games so PIT really needs to handle their business at home and keep control of the north and the 4th position. HOU's path is not that difficult...not seeing too many more losses for them either...PIT could very well be play the Chargers again in the 4 vs 5 WC game.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little worried for Browns fans.... If they keep this winning trend, I think they are going to be fooled into hiring Gregg Williams long term.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little worried for Browns fans.... If they keep this winning trend, I think they are going to be fooled into hiring Gregg Williams long term.
I was talking about the CLE coaching situation with someone on the general board the other day... And I was confident in saying there's not really any way they could fuck-up the new coaching hire....

After reading this post I can now say that I was wrong. lol