• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the Bengals record since Hue Jackson arrived? That fella's a fucking jinx. And I wouldn't be surprised if Cincy doesn't win another game the rest of the year.

#cincinnati-chili-sucks

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the Bengals record since Hue Jackson arrived? That fella's a fucking jinx. And I wouldn't be surprised if Cincy doesn't win another game the rest of the year.

#cincinnati-chili-sucks

Your chili sucks

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just call it what it is: this iteration of the Steelers, a team that has maintained its core for essentially the last 4-5 years, is not a championship contender. This core of players, this core of coaches, will not be winning a Superbowl. I'd absolutely love to eat crow and be proven wrong on that statement, but I know I wont be. Not this season, or the next, or the next after that. What they are, is a collection of impressive individual talents in many areas, but as a group, they lack the cohesiveness, focus and discipline to truly be among the "elite" in the league. Last season's 13-3 record, you say? Fool's gold, it was a pretty easy schedule compared to some of the other traditional powers, and in many of those games, they could have easily been the loser instead of the victor. The Steelers are a somewhat better than average team with moments of explosiveness on offense and, depending on the opponent, stretches here and there of "alright" play on defense. A team that will beat most inferior teams, yet find a way to lose to one or two inferior teams per season. A team that might win a playoff game against an overmatched opponent, but cant seem to keep up with other squads seen as equal or maybe a little better, in the postseason. There is more than enough evidence to see what they are, and as long as this core of players and coaching staff remain intact, its doubtful that we will see anything change. So, for now, enjoy the wins that come along, just dont get your hopes up for any sort of grand finale out of them.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. It's still not a sucky as cincinnati chili though.

Incorrect. Cincinnati Chili is delicious (assuming you dont have the pallete of a 3-year old)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect. Cincinnati Chili is delicious (assuming you dont have the pallete of a 3-year old)

No it's not delicious. I've had it before, don't care for it.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not delicious. I've had it before, don't care for it.

go eat your apple slices and ritz crackers, junior

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol "butthurt". Keep crying about chili, chili boy

Who's crying? I made a joke about cincinnati chili & you took it personal. The only person bitching about anything is you.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's crying? I made a joke about cincinnati chili & you took it personal. The only person bitching about anything is you.

^translation: "*sniff* *sniff* i dont wike dat chiwwi! Its bad, it yucky! It make me cwy for my mommeeeeeeeeewaaaaahhh:Cry:"

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^translation: "*sniff* *sniff* i dont wike dat chiwwi! Its bad, it yucky! It make me cwy for my mommeeeeeeeeewaaaaahhh:Cry:"

Wait a minute. Who's the one pissing themselves w/ anger right now? You're so upset all you can do is call me names (chili boy & junior). Grow up kid & learn to take a joke. Although it's obvious you don't have a sense of humor.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, like i was saying before chiliboy flipped out, the Steelers really arent the creme de la creme, theyre just another team in the league

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that people somehow think it is an insult to say that Cincinnati chili sucks? You don't like it? Well, who the fuck cares what you like? I don't particularly care for scrapple, but I also don't feel the need to talk about it when discussing sports with folks from Philly.

This is an honest question.... I haven't noticed it nearly as much with other regional foods. My hunch is that it just bothers people that it shares the name "chili" with other food stuffs that aren't much the same.

Carry on.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC is still wide open though.... The Chiefs are considerably weaker without Hunt. And that D of theirs is not very good. The Patriots have been very inconsistent this season. I can see them getting to the Super Bowl again, but I can also see them as a upset victim in the divisional round.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 13 AFCN Recap

PIT...7-4-1, L vs LAC 30-33...the Steelers blew a 16 pt lead allowing the Chargers to score 18 points in the 4Q alone for their 9th win of the season. Poor officiating lead directly to a score for the Chargers, but the Steelers were plagued moreso by their own hand...numerous passes dropped, splash plays nullified by penalties, and probably the worst 2nd half DEF known to man.

Week 14...@ OAK

BAL...7-5, W @ ATL, 26-16...The Ravens came into the Mercedes Benz Dome and slapped around a pretty decent offensive team...at one point well into the 4Q, it was noted that the Falcons had only tallied 97 TOTAL yards. Lamar Jackson once again showed he's not quite ready to carry the team in any capacity with his arm, but given a few lanes in the 2nd half, he kinda salted away the win with some key running. It doesn't look pretty (less than 175 yds passing in the last 3 games), but the Ravens right now are the team no one wants to face.

Week 14...@ KC

CIN...5-7, L vs DEN, 10-24...only saw highlights of this game, close for a long time with a 7-3 score, then DEN got scores on two splash plays, pushing the score to 21-3 and that was good enough to turn the lights out at Paul Brown Stadium. The Bengals are basically in free fall mode without Dalton.

Week 14...@ LAC

CLE...4-7-1, L @ HOU 13-29...the youngster Mayfield came back to earth a little bit this week with 3 INTs, including a pick 6 to dig a pretty deep hole that the Browns were not able to come out of. This one was over in the 3Q at 23-0.

Week 14...CAR.

AFC At Large...KC won what turned out to be a fairly close game in OAK...up 26-10, the Raiders got back in it...down 33-30 late until Mahomes threw another TD to make it a 10 pt margin with about 2 mins left and OAK couldn't score quick enough to make it interesting...This will be the ultimate test on paper anyway...BAL (#1 DEF) travels to KC (#1 OFC) this week....should be fun. NE was tested for a half but eventually put MIN away. HOU is hanging around (tied with NE at 9-3)and keeping pressure on the 2 seed position but that week 1 loss looms large for NE. The Ravens have plenty of suitors for the 6 seed...DEN, IND, MIA, TN...all sit 1 game back of the 7-5 Ravens....Week 14 will force changes in the AFC playoff race.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that people somehow think it is an insult to say that Cincinnati chili sucks? You don't like it? Well, who the fuck cares what you like? I don't particularly care for scrapple, but I also don't feel the need to talk about it when discussing sports with folks from Philly.

This is an honest question.... I haven't noticed it nearly as much with other regional foods. My hunch is that it just bothers people that it shares the name "chili" with other food stuffs that aren't much the same.

Carry on.
I don't hate it... But I don't care for it either. Moreso I just find it funny to joke about it. Lots of people get triggered for some reason.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 14 AFCN Recap

Not a good week for the North as a whole.

PIT...7-5-1, L @ OAK 21-24. Boswell slips and missed a game tying FG late in the 4Q...the miss was his 2nd of the day. While the theme of the loss will be the missed FG...the Steeler DEF gave up yet another 4Q lead, this one to a team with nothing to play for. Now dropping 3 straight PIT are only still atop the DIV because BAL also lost....Steelers are in free fall themselves.

Week 15...NE

BAL...7-6, L @ KC 24-27 OT. The gritty Ravens took their #1 rated DEF show on the road and stifled the vaunted #1 rated OFC making this a one possession game late. Young Lamar Jackson did a little bit of passing, and running to keep the BAL OFC productive and got 3 scores. BAL survived a strip sack late that resulted in a fairly short game winning FGA that was missed. KC got the ball 1st in OT, drove for a FG and they were able to make it stand up.

Week 15...TB

CLE...5-7-1, W vs CAR 26-20. The Browns were the lone winner in the DIV this week and they were rewarded by moving out of last place. The rookie Mayfield lead the Browns on 2 4Q drives to pull out the win. A 70+ yd drive gave them the lead 23-20 and the DEF held CAR scoreless on their last 3 possessions to make it stick.

Week 15...@ DEN

CIN...5-8, L @ LAC 21-26. After giving up 17 in the 1st half...the Bengals played with more spirit on DEF in the second half of this game. Meanwhile a stripped down game plan for the back up QB, Jeff Driskel was effective. You would have like to have seen CIN be a little more aggressive, but the combination of Mixon and timely completions kept it close, but ultimately they couldn't pull the game out...the free fall continued.

AFC At Large

NE 9-4 lost at MIA in bizzare fashion with a walkoff play that never works...until yesterday. Still the #2 seed, but need to beat PIT this week to sustain it...even if they lose in PIT...it's still a good chance they finish with 11 wins (BUF and NYJ at home). KC 11-2 are in now the dance, but face a little danger @ home vs the Chargers (10-3) who are still alive for the DIV, but they're heading for no worse than the 5 seed. BAL 7-6, still holds on to the 6 seed via tie breaker, but IND and MIA both won so the battle continues. HOU (9-4) 3rd seed, losing at IND didn't do too much damage to their DIV lead, but they blew a chance to get atop NE for the 2 seed.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals were about as aggressive as Marvin gets.... He even went for it on his own 37 at one point. But unfortunatley, they are also stupid.... A false start ruined a 4th and goal from the 1 while an offsides allowed SD to kick a 59 yard field goal before the half. They missed a first half 2 point conversion making the last ditch 2 point conversion necessary. They didn't get that one either. In fact, they haven't made one since 2015.

This is why they're the Bengals.... Even with a roster decimated by injury, they have some talent on the team. Yesterday was decided by about 5 or 6 plays -- All mistakes or missed opportunities by the Bengals. Typical Marvin Lewis type of day.