• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...week 3 AFCN Recap

BAL...2-1...W, 27-14 vs DEN. Not having seen any of this game live, you would think that DEN played okay in the 1st half. The OFC got a blocked punt from ST, converted that and had one other scoring drive. Aside from that, it was dreadful, BAL D dominated this game.

Next up...@ PIT

CIN...2-1...L, 21-31 @ CAR...4 picks from Dalton pretty much says enough. Just about every Panthers score came off a turnover. Dalton had one of those games you want to get behind you ASAP.

Next up...@ ATL

PIT...1-1-1...W 30-27 @ TB...Steelers get into the W column...had a comfortable lead that turned into a ball game late with a surge from the Bucs. Steelers were finally able to run out the clock on their last possession.

Next up...BAL

CLE...1-1-1...W 21-17 vs NYJ...Yes that's correct a W! The Browns get off the goose egg finally behind a good performance by #1 overall draft pick Baker Mayfield.

Next up @ OAK

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're likely heading down there with no Mixon, back-up center, and either a gimpy or out AJ Green. It's also Burfict's last game served on his suspension. 2nd week on the road playing a team coming off a divisional loss. It's not the best spot to be in. The Falcons are struggling, but I think this might be their chance to get healthy. We'll see.

This will be a tough game for both sides I think.

ATL OFC vs CIN...imo they can't handle the CIN DL in known passing situations, so they will need some pretty good balance and I look for more passing on early downs to keep Matt out of 3rd and long...the Falcon OL is just okay imo, decent at OT, not very good at either G spot.

ATL DEF vs CIN...in spite of some major losses in the secondary, I think upfront will decide this game....TEs have done a lot of damage against the Falcons, I look for the Bengal TEs to have a good game...especially if AJ is out or limited.

If CIN is able to get pressure with 4, they stand a pretty good chance to win.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Harrison: Le'Veon Bell should return to Steeelers, then fake injuries to avoid games

:wtf2:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Harrison: Le'Veon Bell should return to Steeelers, then fake injuries to avoid games

:wtf2:

Harrison has gone rouge.

If no one wants to burn a 3rd rounder to rent him for some games, I think the best thing for PIT and Bell...especially if he waits until week 10 to come back so this yr will count towards his FA status...release him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison has gone rouge.

If no one wants to burn a 3rd rounder to rent him for some games, I think the best thing for PIT and Bell...especially if he waits until week 10 to come back so this yr will count towards his FA status...release him.

That's sounds about right. But if he returns to the Steelers do you think alotta players will have an issue w/ what he did? But I'd be surprised if he didn't play somewhere this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's sounds about right. But if he returns to the Steelers do you think alotta players will have an issue w/ what he did? But I'd be surprised if he didn't play somewhere this season.

Yeah, I've never been in an NFL locker room but I do know some (former) NFL players and in talking to them I've learned the locker room is kinda like Vegas...what happens there stays there. Normally the tightest knit group of all the positions are the OL. I think Bell burned enough bridges with his OL by telling players he was going to be reporting on X day and they're repeating this like he's actually going to be there, and that blew up in a some faces...Bell lost some trust in the wrong team mates, his OL.

If for some reason he goes back and the Steelers play him they (OL) would be professionals and try to do their jobs, but the HC would be putting his key players in a tough position if he did that. At this point, the team has galvanized around Connor, he's the guy they count on now, I don't think they would want Bell around at all.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've never been in an NFL locker room but I do know some (former) NFL players and in talking to them I've learned the locker room is kinda like Vegas...what happens there stays there. Normally the tightest knit group of all the positions are the OL. I think Bell burned enough bridges with his OL by telling players he was going to be reporting on X day and they're repeating this like he's actually going to be there, and that blew up in a some faces...Bell lost some trust in the wrong team mates, his OL.

If for some reason he goes back and the Steelers play him they (OL) would be professionals and try to do their jobs, but the HC would be putting his key players in a tough position if he did that. At this point, the team has galvanized around Connor, he's the guy they count on now, I don't think they would want Bell around at all.

Talks I've heard is the FO didn't even want him in the locker room.
Afraid it may cause hardship with some of the team.
After one win it's created a sort of balance with the guys and they don't want the Apple cart to tip.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison has gone rouge.

They could also let him sign and then tell his fat ass to stay home.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could also let him sign and then tell his fat ass to stay home.

But he would count against the 53..... Which isn't a good situation. Also, you can't really lock him out - If he wanted to be a pest, he could show up for practice and make Pittsburgh play him or cut him.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he would count against the 53..... Which isn't a good situation. Also, you can't really lock him out - If he wanted to be a pest, he could show up for practice and make Pittsburgh play him or cut him.

Well...he doesn't want to play and at this point I think the Steelers would be fine waiving him as long as they get their comp pick.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...he doesn't want to play and at this point I think the Steelers would be fine waiving him as long as they get their comp pick.

No comp pick for someone you waive.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 4 Recap

CIN...3-1, W @ ATL, 37-36...another great game to watch out of several if you like OFC. The Bengals DL made a few plays late in this game to stymie Matt Ryan and the Falcons DEF might be one of the few that's worse than Steelers. They had a chance to close it out on a gift wrapped pick that was dropped. to his credit, Dalton made them pay in the last seconds of the game when they had to have 6, he delivered 6. On a sad note...the injury to Tyler Eifert was wicked, totally freakish, but he's done for this season and you have to start wondering about him long term.

Next game...MIA

BAL...3-1, W @ PIT, 26-14...The Ravens came out of the locker room and posted 6 on their 1st drive, PIT fumbled on their 1st drive which BAL took advantage of. PIT battled back to tie, but after that, the OFC could really do nothing against the Ravens D. 5 Possessions in the 2nd half resulted in 4 punts + an INT. Meanwhile BAL made some plays in between the 20s and got some FGs for the final margin.

Next game...@ CLE

CLE...1-2-1, L @ OAK, 42-45 OT...We still don't know if Baker Mayfield is a legit starter in this league, but after throwing a pick 6 to open the scoring in OAK, the kid had them with a lead at the half and a lead in the 4Q, neither of which the young DEF could hold...you hang 42 on a team, you're supposed to get that W.

Next game...BAL

PIT...1-2-1, L vs BAL, 14-26...The youth in the secondary is having some growing pains, but their OC/HC is not doing them any favors trying to protect them with max coverage. Nearly every 3rd down, it almost didn't matter the distance, the Ravens were able to pick it up and extend drives. The DEF made enough plays in tight to hold them to 4 FGAs, but got no 2nd half support from Ben and the OFC. I think the Steelers were out coached in this game.

Next game...ATL

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 4 Recap

CIN...3-1, W @ ATL, 37-36...another great game to watch out of several if you like OFC. The Bengals DL made a few plays late in this game to stymie Matt Ryan and the Falcons DEF might be one of the few that's worse than Steelers. They had a chance to close it out on a gift wrapped pick that was dropped. to his credit, Dalton made them pay in the last seconds of the game when they had to have 6, he delivered 6. On a sad note...the injury to Tyler Eifert was wicked, totally freakish, but he's done for this season and you have to start wondering about him long term.

Next game...MIA

BAL...3-1, W @ PIT, 26-14...The Ravens came out of the locker room and posted 6 on their 1st drive, PIT fumbled on their 1st drive which BAL took advantage of. PIT battled back to tie, but after that, the OFC could really do nothing against the Ravens D. 5 Possessions in the 2nd half resulted in 4 punts + an INT. Meanwhile BAL made some plays in between the 20s and got some FGs for the final margin.

Next game...@ CLE

CLE...1-2-1, L @ OAK, 42-45 OT...We still don't know if Baker Mayfield is a legit starter in this league, but after throwing a pick 6 to open the scoring in OAK, the kid had them with a lead at the half and a lead in the 4Q, neither of which the young DEF could hold...you hang 42 on a team, you're supposed to get that W.

Next game...BAL

PIT...1-2-1, L vs BAL, 14-26...The youth in the secondary is having some growing pains, but their OC/HC is not doing them any favors trying to protect them with max coverage. Nearly every 3rd down, it almost didn't matter the distance, the Ravens were able to pick it up and extend drives. The DEF made enough plays in tight to hold them to 4 FGAs, but got no 2nd half support from Ben and the OFC. I think the Steelers were out coached in this game.

Next game...ATL
CIN... IDK if I would call it "exorcising his demons", but Dalton stepped up. He made plenty of mistakes, but it was encouraging to see him close out the game. What confuses me is there defense. They have better DBs than what was on display against ATL. WJ3 & Kirkpatrick were getting abused. They need better performances all around though. Not much pressure from the front guys but they were able to contain the run game. And yea that Eifert injury was hard to stomach. Watching him lay there with his foot dangling perpendicular to his shin was horrifying. Tough luck for what was looking like a promising return for him. They should have no problems with dispatching a meager MIA team next week.

BAL... Huge win for them and should serve as a momentum boost. Still not sure what to think of their offense. Lots of Mickey Mouse type shit but it was sort of brilliant in a way because maybe they simply knew that Pittsburgh was an unintelligent & uncoordinated bunch that they could have a toddler draw up plays & confuse the shit out of them. Another big game next week against CLE. Should be a good game. Hopefully Cleveland has better luck than the Steelers did at rushing Flacco or else they'll get dissected by FGs.

CLE... Was really bummed to see them lose that game. Looked like they had it in the bag but they let OAK back in that game with ease. Blunder after blunder. When OAK took the lead I was sure the Browns were done for. Glad to see them fight back. Still an encouraging group with the arrow pointed up.

PIT... The pit of misery is upon them. Dilly Dilly.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CIN... IDK if I would call it "exorcising his demons", but Dalton stepped up. He made plenty of mistakes, but it was encouraging to see him close out the game. What confuses me is there defense. They have better DBs than what was on display against ATL. WJ3 & Kirkpatrick were getting abused. They need better performances all around though. Not much pressure from the front guys but they were able to contain the run game. And yea that Eifert injury was hard to stomach. Watching him lay there with his foot dangling perpendicular to his shin was horrifying. Tough luck for what was looking like a promising return for him. They should have no problems with dispatching a meager MIA team next week.

BAL... Huge win for them and should serve as a momentum boost. Still not sure what to think of their offense. Lots of Mickey Mouse type shit but it was sort of brilliant in a way because maybe they simply knew that Pittsburgh was an unintelligent & uncoordinated bunch that they could have a toddler draw up plays & confuse the shit out of them. Another big game next week against CLE. Should be a good game. Hopefully Cleveland has better luck than the Steelers did at rushing Flacco or else they'll get dissected by FGs.

CLE... Was really bummed to see them lose that game. Looked like they had it in the bag but they let OAK back in that game with ease. Blunder after blunder. When OAK took the lead I was sure the Browns were done for. Glad to see them fight back. Still an encouraging group with the arrow pointed up.

PIT... The pit of misery is upon them. Dilly Dilly.

CIN...The Falcons played an eerily similar style DEf to PIT and CIN just lit them up in the 1st half. ATL game out in the 2nd half and for the 3Q, they changed up the rush 4 and zone it off behind them...they went man and started bring heat...they stopped CIN 1st 3 drives of the Q and once they got the lead, they kinda went back to rushing...especially that last drive for CIN. ATL rushed 4 mostly. ATL has 3 top tier WRs...they were slanting their S help to Julio so they have several 1 on 1 looks to Ridley, Sanu, etc. and they were winning their man to man battles most of the time.

What helped was Atkins and Dunlap were getting penetration in that last ATL drive.

BAL...they ran one play where the TE lines up in the backfield right behind the LG and he ran a pattern from that position, got behind Bostic and made a 1st down catch. Both announcers said they had never seen that play before....just goes to show how much prep the Ravens put in for the Steelers.

CLE...right now they look better than the Steelers....being totally honest.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 4 Recap

Next game...MIA

Next game...@ CLE

Next game...BAL

Next game...ATL
Think?????? Stop being so nice, we all know they were outcoached and have been all season so far. And will continue to be because the HC thinks the players just need to execute better but the coaching and gameplans were fine and dandy.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 4 Recap

Next game...MIA

Next game...@ CLE

Next game...BAL

Next game...ATL
Think?????? Stop being so nice, we all know they were outcoached and have been all season so far. And will continue to be because the HC thinks the players just need to execute better but the coaching and gameplans were fine and dandy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My nature I guess...they were outcoached.

If the executed better, maybe they are 2-2 instead of 1-2-1, but either way this does not look like a playoff team...right not they look like a top 10 2019 draft team.