• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EOLxludX4AIbGaF

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Joe Burrow has completely dominated an entire season of college football, he has the privilege of trying to save an organization that hasn't won a playoff game since 1991.

What do you guys think of Burrow's chances in Cincy?

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Joe Burrow has completely dominated an entire season of college football, he has the privilege of trying to save an organization that hasn't won a playoff game since 1991.

I'm higher on Cincinnati as an organization than most. It might be due to the rivalry because you can't have a rivalry when the other side can't compete. Maybe the Steelers usually come out on top (so far) but the games are always contested, even if it's just perception going in. Not sure if that makes sense. But the Bengals compete.

Burrow... the last time I was this impressed with a QB prospect his name was Luck. Granted, he doesn't have Luck's pedigree or body of work, but the kid just flat out blows me away. I think there's a bust element there but I also think he's got a good chance at being a franchise-changing type player.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEH.

Joe Burrow
Kyler Murray
Baker Mayfield
Lamar Jackson
Derrick Henry
Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston
Johnny Manziel
RG III
Cam Newton
Mark Ingram Jr.
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Troy Smith
Matt Leinart

A LOT of NFL horseshit in that list.

History says that any of the three guys in this division having a stellar career is pretty low. Even Lamar Jackson can fall back to earth. The way he runs, his career is on borrowed time, anyway. Like Vick.

I'm sure a factor in some of these busts is that they typically went really high and went to garbage org's that didn't help them at all. Like Burrow is about to find out about.

If I was him, I'd want to find a way to nope the fuck out of this draft before going to Cincy. Or pull an Eli.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Said this in the general board thread... But bears repeating for in here

So long as Cincy continues the recent trend of rebuilding the O-line then Burrow should be ahead of the curve in his rookie season. If AJ Green comes back then they are stocked & ready to rock. Even without Green its fair to say they have what they need.

My main concern will be over Brian Callahan.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEH.

Joe Burrow
Kyler Murray
Baker Mayfield
Lamar Jackson
Derrick Henry
Marcus Mariota
Jameis Winston
Johnny Manziel
RG III
Cam Newton
Mark Ingram Jr.
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Troy Smith
Matt Leinart

A LOT of NFL horseshit in that list.

History says that any of the three guys in this division having a stellar career is pretty low. Even Lamar Jackson can fall back to earth. The way he runs, his career is on borrowed time, anyway. Like Vick.

I'm sure a factor in some of these busts is that they typically went really high and went to garbage org's that didn't help them at all. Like Burrow is about to find out about.

If I was him, I'd want to find a way to nope the fuck out of this draft before going to Cincy. Or pull an Eli.
He should "accidentally" post a pic of himself gasmasking a bong rip an hour before the draft starts... That ought to do it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should "accidentally" post a pic of himself gasmasking a bong rip an hour before the draft starts... That ought to do it.

This is Cincinnati. We use to pay a premium for that type of bad press.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called it Terry. TN pulled it off...I type this with a big smile on my face!

Jackson was Jackson for the most part, but 3 turnovers and some untimely drops killed them and the TN oline, Henry, and the DEF buried them. Kudos to Tannehill, made a few key throws and made them count, plus the keeper, not walk in by any means.

Titans to the AFCCG...didn't see it coming but glad I was wrong.

If HOU gets a 2 possession lead, Reid will abandon the run and Mahomes will have to win or lose it on his arm.

Couldn't have been more wrong about Houston haha. Oh well, can't win them all lol.

I've really surprised by how well Tennessee is playing currently. 13 points allowed by Brady and the Pats and 12 allowed by the best offense in the game. Very impressed by how Tannehill has taken this team and just ran with it and has been successful week in and week out. Yeah, they've mainly relied on the run game in the playoffs, but Tannehill has still lead this team to where they are right now. What little throws he's making, they are on the money usually. Derrick Henry is a monster, Beast Mode 2.0, and the Tennessee defense is just lights out right now. I'm very close to picking them to go to the Super Bowl but I doubted Mahomes and the Chiefs once already, do I do it again? I mean, the first quarter was not pretty, but after that, they were perfect. I think it's gonna be a tough game and a good game but the factor will be can the Chiefs D stop the run, which is something KC hasn't been able to do until last week against Houston. As long as the Chiefs D can stop the run and make Tennessee rely on Tannehill to throw the ball, KC has this in the bag. But if KC can't, it's gonna be a long game for KC at home.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Cincinnati. We use to pay a premium for that type of bad press.
He's gotta disrespect Cincy in particular. Like take a dump on some Skyline Chili and then flush it down the toilet.

Or maybe go find a Ken Griffey and punch him in the face.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gotta disrespect Cincy in particular. Like take a dump on some Skyline Chili and then flush it down the toilet.

Or maybe go find a Ken Griffey and punch him in the face.
LOL! Punchin Griffey would be a death sentence.

Pretty sure taking a dump on skyline chili is merely dilution.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Punchin Griffey would be a death sentence.

Pretty sure taking a dump on skyline chili is merely dilution.
No one could tell unless you actually video taped yourself doing it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you boys go ragging on Skyline.... Them are fightin' words.

Burrow should burn a Pete Rose jersey. That might get him out of this inevitable deal.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good...imo this is a rebuild, restart whatever you want to call it, but the Bengals are not void of talent. They need to shore up the OL, but still have plenty of skill position players that this doesn't need to be a 3 or 4 year grind.

Protect the kid, give him some weapons and a solid game plan and he just be okay in time.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO I sit him for a year. Even if he's ready. Fuck it. Tank. Grab another top five pick and grab a line changing OL or AJ Green's replacement. Burrow gets a year to be even more ready and the team is better around him for when he steps in. Set him up to succeed.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO I sit him for a year. Even if he's ready. Fuck it. Tank. Grab another top five pick and grab a line changing OL or AJ Green's replacement. Burrow gets a year to be even more ready and the team is better around him for when he steps in. Set him up to succeed.
I really hope Cinci does none of this.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, he'll probably be out for the first year anyway.... That seems to be the trend for every first round pick we get. You have to go back to Tyler Eifert in 2013 to find a 1st round pick for the Bengals that was a significant contributor. Tyler Eifert a healthy contributor? Now that is irony.

I'm sure Joe will break a bone moving into his new house or some other crazy nonsense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they keep Dalton for the stopgap QB, I can see easing him into the job by say week 5 or 6...otherwise Joe Burrow is probably going to be the week 1 starter.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they keep Dalton for the stopgap QB, I can see easing him into the job by say week 5 or 6...otherwise Joe Burrow is probably going to be the week 1 starter.
Dalton can possibly win too many games. They need Duck Hodges if they really want to suck for a year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton can possibly win too many games. They need Duck Hodges if they really want to suck for a year.

True, but they are probably not going to let that happen...lol They will find something wrong with Dalton...hangnail, anything to get him out of there...lol

Actually there's a good chance they could be 6-10 and in the top 3rd of the draft....they still should land a solid draft class with a least 3 guys in the top 100 picks in 2021.