• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TN @ BAL

Sat. 1/11... 8:15 on CBS, so likely Romo, and Nantz on the call.

Vegas line...BAL -9.5

May not be the best game, but of all the matchups this weekend this one is the most intriguing to me. Two hard nosed DEFs, two hardnosed running games. Something has to give.

IMO, the Ravens will get an early lead and TN will try to stay with the run game, but inspite of NE's lofty DEF ranking, imo BAL is going to be a little better than NE vs the run. I'm lining up with Vegas, I don't think this one will be all that close.

31-20 Ravens

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Baltimore in this one.... But I do think TN is giving Harbaugh a few restless nights. TN is the perfect underdog in that they can really shorten a game and they don't shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers. I also flash back a little to the beginning of the season when Nick Chubb ran wild in Baltimore. You can bet that TN is going to hope for a similar look with Henry carrying the load.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyone beating Baltimore in the AFC. I believe Houston might have the best chance to do so (I have Houston upsetting KC).

In the NFC, I think there are two teams that can beat Baltimore. Seattle and San Francisco.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyone beating Baltimore in the AFC. I believe Houston might have the best chance to do so (I have Houston upsetting KC).

In the NFC, I think there are two teams that can beat Baltimore. Seattle and San Francisco.

HOU...really?

HOU OFC vs KC DEF...edge to KC...the KC DEF is playing the best they have all season. They got there butts handed to them vs TN. Since that game week 10, they have given up no more than 21 points in any game...including only giving up 16 to NE on the road. They've already played Lamar Jackson this season so they have faced a dual threat QB and won. To me...TN was the team that KC probably didn't want to face.

HOU DEF vs KC OFC...JJ Watt for all of his accolades for this game...he had 1 sack a couple of pressures and a 2 tackles. Mercilus was only slightly better....that's not going to be enough to keep Mahomes from killing them. HOU needs a big step up in pressure in this game if they expect to beat KC. My fear as with all Reid teams...will they abandon the run?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Baltimore in this one.... But I do think TN is giving Harbaugh a few restless nights. TN is the perfect underdog in that they can really shorten a game and they don't shoot themselves in the foot with turnovers. I also flash back a little to the beginning of the season when Nick Chubb ran wild in Baltimore. You can bet that TN is going to hope for a similar look with Henry carrying the load.

BAL will almost surely stack 8 in the box, which will probably leave Humphrey on AJ Brown one on one...I'm liking that matchup...big CB on a big WR...the kid Brown is a beast.

Love Rashaan Evans, but they need 3 of him this week....losing Jayvon Brown at LB is going to hurt the Titans.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOU...really?

HOU OFC vs KC DEF...edge to KC...the KC DEF is playing the best they have all season. They got there butts handed to them vs TN. Since that game week 10, they have given up no more than 21 points in any game...including only giving up 16 to NE on the road. They've already played Lamar Jackson this season so they have faced a dual threat QB and won. To me...TN was the team that KC probably didn't want to face.

HOU DEF vs KC OFC...JJ Watt for all of his accolades for this game...he had 1 sack a couple of pressures and a 2 tackles. Mercilus was only slightly better....that's not going to be enough to keep Mahomes from killing them. HOU needs a big step up in pressure in this game if they expect to beat KC. My fear as with all Reid teams...will they abandon the run?

October 13th, 2019. Houston beat KC in Arrowhead 31-24. So let's not pretend it's outside the realm of reality that this can happen again. I am just not impressed with the Chiefs this season. They're good, partially for playing in a shit conference, but they are still a solid team, but they are nothing special. Same could be said about Houston but I believe Houston has an advantage due to their play last week and the fact that they've already gone into KC and gotten the job done against KC.

I agree with you. At some point in the 2nd half, Reid will tell Mahomes to just throw the ball as much as he can and that's gonna hurt KC. Houston needs to stop Kelce and contain Mahomes. Essentially, take their gameplan from earlier in the season and double down on whatever they did.

Another thing that's gonna hurt KC is their run defense. They are a bottom 5 team against the run while Houston as a top 10 run offense and multiple runners that can open things up, including Watson.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
October 13th, 2019. Houston beat KC in Arrowhead 31-24. So let's not pretend it's outside the realm of reality that this can happen again. I am just not impressed with the Chiefs this season. They're good, partially for playing in a shit conference, but they are still a solid team, but they are nothing special. Same could be said about Houston but I believe Houston has an advantage due to their play last week and the fact that they've already gone into KC and gotten the job done against KC.

I agree with you. At some point in the 2nd half, Reid will tell Mahomes to just throw the ball as much as he can and that's gonna hurt KC. Houston needs to stop Kelce and contain Mahomes. Essentially, take their gameplan from earlier in the season and double down on whatever they did.

Another thing that's gonna hurt KC is their run defense. They are a bottom 5 team against the run while Houston as a top 10 run offense and multiple runners that can open things up, including Watson.

Football is more about how you're playing right now. If we wanted to use that logic...KC went into BAL and won...if they played tomorrow, BAL would probably be favored. We don't need to pretend anything. HOU has a chance but that week 6 game won't mean that much imo...maybe extra motivation for KC maybe.

KC DEF was giving up 30+ a game on avg in week 6. Same players in a new scheme seemed to play better the last part of the season. So I'm going with the most recent form of both teams...KC looks better. I do agree playing last week gives them a little advantage...KC will be more rested, but being off for 2 weeks might show some rust early.

I still like KC pretty comfortable.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is more about how you're playing right now. If we wanted to use that logic...KC went into BAL and won...if they played tomorrow, BAL would probably be favored. We don't need to pretend anything. HOU has a chance but that week 6 game won't mean that much imo...maybe extra motivation for KC maybe.

KC DEF was giving up 30+ a game on avg in week 6. Same players in a new scheme seemed to play better the last part of the season. So I'm going with the most recent form of both teams...KC looks better. I do agree playing last week gives them a little advantage...KC will be more rested, but being off for 2 weeks might show some rust early.

I still like KC pretty comfortable.
Yeah, I agree. I think KC beats Houston pretty easily. I think the Ravens will beat the Titans (I just threw up in my mouth) too. Chiefs @ Ravens... ugh. All I'll say is I'll be rooting for the Chiefs HARD.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. I think KC beats Houston pretty easily. I think the Ravens will beat the Titans (I just threw up in my mouth) too. Chiefs @ Ravens... ugh. All I'll say is I'll be rooting for the Chiefs HARD.

Titans need to keep this game close, and they have a shot, but if they get down early I think the Ravens will tee off on Tannehill and they will get a turnover or two.

KC @ BAL...can lightning strike twice? The Chiefs have the OFC to get up on them and force the Ravens into a passing game. But if BAL is able to mix and match the pass and run and grind out 5 or 6 yards a play...KC will wear down and get beat I think.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for all the douchebags saying "big ben is fat" and "roethlisberger is out of shape" because the guy had a beard, i present you this pic:

EN4QtvUVAAEmCdA

not even close to fat

"but, but he has a scruffy beard, surely that means he's a fatass now!" derp

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You called it Terry. TN pulled it off...I type this with a big smile on my face!

Jackson was Jackson for the most part, but 3 turnovers and some untimely drops killed them and the TN oline, Henry, and the DEF buried them. Kudos to Tannehill, made a few key throws and made them count, plus the keeper, not walk in by any means.

Titans to the AFCCG...didn't see it coming but glad I was wrong.

If HOU gets a 2 possession lead, Reid will abandon the run and Mahomes will have to win or lose it on his arm.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the use of analytics. And I understand that many folks think coaches need to be more aggressive on 4th downs. But I think last night was a good illustration of what happens when you go for it on 4th down and miss. Both 4th down stops led to huge plays for the Titans. I think it's a different game if Baltimore punts the first time and kicks the easy field goal the second time.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers beat the Cheatriots one time in the playoffs in five tries and Mike Vrabel played a big role in the only victory.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for all the douchebags saying "big ben is fat" and "roethlisberger is out of shape" because the guy had a beard, i present you this pic:

EN4QtvUVAAEmCdA

not even close to fat

Ben has never been a small dude. But he's got a big fat head which doesn't do well bearded lol.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the use of analytics. And I understand that many folks think coaches need to be more aggressive on 4th downs. But I think last night was a good illustration of what happens when you go for it on 4th down and miss. Both 4th down stops led to huge plays for the Titans. I think it's a different game if Baltimore punts the first time and kicks the easy field goal the second time.

IDK if it's that much different...especially the 1st one...plenty of game left to recover.

On the 1st one...they had been successful on all 4th down and 1 attempts to that point so at that point on the field, (just short of the 50)...I didn't think it was a huge risk. The ensuing Titans TD on the bomb over their best CB was a shock to the system, after several possessions, they went into the half 14-6.

I tend to agree more on the 2nd one...you take the points there. The reason I idk if it makes much difference is the Ravens were not able to contain Henry after that, and the strip sack.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if it's that much different...especially the 1st one...plenty of game left to recover.

On the 1st one...they had been successful on all 4th down and 1 attempts to that point so at that point on the field, (just short of the 50)...I didn't think it was a huge risk. The ensuing Titans TD on the bomb over their best CB was a shock to the system, after several possessions, they went into the half 14-6.

I tend to agree more on the 2nd one...you take the points there. The reason I idk if it makes much difference is the Ravens were not able to contain Henry after that, and the strip sack.

Agreed. The first one is justifiable. You've done it all year and you're good at it. The second one seemed to be more of a panic move. There was still a lot of game left and the automatic 3 there makes it a 14-9 contest and you get to start fresh on D. Again, it's hard to question Harbaugh - This is how he played all season and he trusted his D to be hang tough if his plans failed. But I do think this is a good example of what can happen when things go wrong.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The first one is justifiable. You've done it all year and you're good at it. The second one seemed to be more of a panic move. There was still a lot of game left and the automatic 3 there makes it a 14-9 contest and you get to start fresh on D. Again, it's hard to question Harbaugh - This is how he played all season and he trusted his D to be hang tough if his plans failed. But I do think this is a good example of what can happen when things go wrong.

You called like I saw it...it seems like Harbaugh got a little frustrated at the lack of TDs at that point that he just wanted to force the issue and TN was not having it. It ended up being a 10 pt swing as TN scored a TD so you lose the potential 3 pts and gave up 7 more.

Bottom line...too much game left like you said to try and catch up all on one drive....my guess if they did score, they've gone for 2.

I loved the pregame comments by Earl Thomas regarding Henry...then to see Thomas getting pushing around with a stiff arm by Henry...Thomas was saved by the out of bounds or he would've gotten totally trucked.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EN4QtvUVAAEmCdA

not even close to fat

Never thought the beard made him look fat... But it does make him look likes he's pushing 50 year old.