• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like him. He's made too many bizarre play calling decisions. I'll mention them again. Calling a draw play on 4th & 9 vs. the Rams. Calling a pass play late in the 1st half against the Seahawks. Play turned into an int. Leaving R. Wilson enough time on the clock to put more points on the board before HT. Taking a penalty on 4th down deep in their own territory against the Pats. Then going for it! WTF!?!?!? Result of the play was a sack. And his team lacks serious disipline. No wonder they lead the league in penalities. He's not head coaching material.

And the last straw for me was his dumbfuck decision to wear that t shirt out in public that said Pittsburgh started it.

I don't really blame you, he wouldn't be my favorite either....the shirt might've been funny and cute for some teens, but he was purely being an asshole antagonist.

Trying to be objective though...he's won 4 out of his last 5...two of those teams are in the playoff race currently.

@ AZ...BAL...@ CIN

While I think the pre-season hype was set the table for him to fail, if he wins out for 9-7...I think Dorsey is going to bring him back...anything less than that, who knows?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too quick to say that Buffalo is locked in. They play us, New England and the Jets to end the season. They could easily go 1-2 to end the season and they would need to worry about us, Tennessee, Houston for that other WC spot. They only beat the Jets by 1 point during their Week 1 game. Buffalo, whoever the division winner isn't between Tennessee and Houston, and we will be fighting for those WC spots.

Agreed...conference record is the 1st tiebreaker that fits in this situation and in conference, HOU is 7-3, BUF,PIT, are 6-3. and TN is 6-4

BUF needs this game almost as much as PIT, if they lose to PIT and TN beats HOU...TN would take over the 4th seed, PIT would move into the 5th position and HOU I'm thinking would take the 6th seed. The Bills would drop out as HOU would have 7-4 conference record to 6-4 for BUF.. If BUF loses in PIT and HOU beats TN, TN would fall out due to the worse conference record.

We'll see how it changes after this week.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really blame you, he wouldn't be my favorite either....the shirt might've been funny and cute for some teens, but he was purely being an asshole antagonist.

Trying to be objective though...he's won 4 out of his last 5...two of those teams are in the playoff race currently.

@ AZ...BAL...@ CIN

While I think the pre-season hype was set the table for him to fail, if he wins out for 9-7...I think Dorsey is going to bring him back...anything less than that, who knows?

As odd as it may sound if the Browns only win 8 games I'd consider that a small step in the right direction. This OBJ stuff though. The reports coming out that he's unhappy & wants out. What a jackass. Maybe he should try being part of the team during the off season. Attending OTA's, going to practice & playing some in the preseason. I think that's the main reason him & Mayfield have been off all season. They have no timing together. But look at his pal Landry who participated in all the off season stuff. He's 5 yards away from 1,000.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As odd as it may sound if the Browns only win 8 games I'd consider that a small step in the right direction. This OBJ stuff though. The reports coming out that he's unhappy & wants out. What a jackass. Maybe he should try being part of the team during the off season. Attending OTA's, going to practice & playing some in the preseason. I think that's the main reason him & Mayfield have been off all season. They have no timing together. But look at his pal Landry who participated in all the off season stuff. He's 5 yards away from 1,000.

IDK if 8-8 is in the right direction for most Brown fans but technically you're right, it would be a slight improvement. Given they are 6-7 right now...8-8 is not so bad.

Even w/o the OTAs, etc, OBJ is still on track for a 1,000 season himself...for the way he's talking you'd think he got 50 targets and 500 yards or something.

He walked in the door with the big trade and big contract in hand and apparently just thought he would be the main man

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if 8-8 is in the right direction for most Brown fans but technically you're right, it would be a slight improvement. Given they are 6-7 right now...8-8 is not so bad.

Even w/o the OTAs, etc, OBJ is still on track for a 1,000 season himself...for the way he's talking you'd think he got 50 targets and 500 yards or something.

He walked in the door with the big trade and big contract in hand and apparently just thought he would be the main man

Any Browns fans that think finishing 8-8 isn't a step in the right direction are the same knuckleheads that bought into all the preseason hype.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Browns fans that think finishing 8-8 isn't a step in the right direction are the same knuckleheads that bought into all the preseason hype.

I think to some degree we all bought into it...my projection has always been 8-8 to 9-7 top side and ironically both are still in play....so in other words I thought they would be better and imo they are better.

I think the finish LY, the offseason, and playing in so many national TV games this season made the Browns a bigger target...they weren't going to sneak up on many teams. The big personnel blunder Dorsey made was thinking his LT was a legit LT, Greg Robinson is not a LT in this league...not a starter.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8-8 going into the season might have sounded fair and realistic.... But to watch other less-talented teams be in a better position for the postseason (Tennessee and Buffalo come to mind), is a tough pill to swallow. And all the noise around the franchise is also difficult. It's possible that winning cures all and Freddie just needs a second year. I suppose we'll see how ownership feels about everything when the season ends.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8 going into the season might have sounded fair and realistic.... But to watch other less-talented teams be in a better position for the postseason (Tennessee and Buffalo come to mind), is a tough pill to swallow. And all the noise around the franchise is also difficult. It's possible that winning cures all and Freddie just needs a second year. I suppose we'll see how ownership feels about everything when the season ends.

Heck...PIT behind QB3, back up RB, and WR have less OFC talent for sure.

TN has a better DEF than CLE and since Tannehill has taken off at the QB position...imo the Titans are better than CLE altogether...BUF DEF is not as good as their 2nd rank position, but imo they're better than CLE's DEF also....Browns have a better OFC...they may be more even than anything.

I just think it takes more than an offseason to get a team with key new additions galvanized and ready to face all comers...one promising season (still lost more than won) and the media had this team winning the DIV...I'm sure they had guys that barely knew each other when those projections were made.

I think Kitchen needs to close strong (2 of 3 would be strong imo) to close out the season .500...and he should be back and I get the sense he will be back.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Oldschool739 @Money and all other Hoopster Raven fans

CONGRATS! BACK TO BACK AFCN CHAMPIONS!

I don't know if you guys saw this coming back in Sept...I know I didn't...just goes to show, you gotta play the games. Jackson should win MVP...kid has been outstanding to this point.

Hats Off fellas!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the highlights of last nights game...

This Ravens team is just scary good. I know they were playing the crap ass Jets but it's just amazing how Lamar Jackson is able to make plays when there is nothing there. I can't seem them not playing in the Super Bowl unless they go into Foxboro for the AFC title game and even then, I might still pick Baltimore to win.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the highlights of last nights game...

This Ravens team is just scary good. I know they were playing the crap ass Jets but it's just amazing how Lamar Jackson is able to make plays when there is nothing there. I can't seem them not playing in the Super Bowl unless they go into Foxboro for the AFC title game and even then, I might still pick Baltimore to win.

Weeks 11, 12, 13 gives me reason to the think this Raven team will at least get to the SB...the DEF crushed the Rams in LA, man handled the Texans and held the 49ers under 20 points. That was impressive.

Yes, Jackson is the MVP imo, and no I didn't see it coming...he's as good of a runner but far and above a better passer than Mike Vick at this stage for certain.

I think they will lock up HFA in week 16, and my guess play his starters for a Qtr in week 17 get their break on WC week and be ready to go.

Just a wild guess.

If PIT beat BUF this week I think they figure out a way to retain the 5th seed and I like the to beat HOU...TN...might be a different story if they win the South but I still like their chances in the 4 vs 5 game.

As a 6th seed...vs KC...that will be a tougher task, but if they can pound the ball and possess it, they can keep KC from making it a game in the 30s....possible.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens are much, much better than I thought.... Even at the beginning of the season I thought they were flawed and I thought they would struggle with some of the teams on their schedule (Sea, Hou, NE, SF,KC). But they've been terrific and very consistent throughout the year. Playoffs are a different animal - We'll see how well they handle the bye week and 1 seed.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if you guys saw this coming back in Sept...I know I didn't...just goes to show, you gotta play the games. Jackson should win MVP...kid has been outstanding to this point.

Hats Off fellas!

Yep, gotta tip my hat as well. Congrats to your Ravens, fellas

@Oldschool739 @Money @blue_suns and the rest of you chuckleheads, even that @tgann feller who quit the site way back when.

and i'd never do it otherwise, but you better damn well believe, that if it's ravens and pats in the AFCCG, i'll be rooting my ass off for those purple birds to stomp a mudhole in brady's fourth point of contact

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hats Off fellas!

Yep, gotta tip my hat as well. Congrats to your Ravens, fellas

@Oldschool739 @Money @blue_suns and the rest of you chuckleheads, even that @tgann feller who quit the site way back when.

and i'd never do it otherwise, but you better damn well believe, that if it's ravens and pats in the AFCCG, i'll be rooting my ass off for those purple birds to stomp a mudhole in brady's fourth point of contact

Going to piggyback here...

Hats off to the Ratturds. Most dominant team the AFC has to offer and it isn't close (at the moment). Hope they can make a good push through the playoffs and hopefully represent the AFC better than any of the other pretenders.

Congrats to @blue_suns @Money @Oldschool739 , etc The division crown is yours to flaunt for the offseason! :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This amazes me... This dude is a linchpin in that defense, and they are willing to part ways? I hope the Steelers are interested. He'd be an upgrade over Vince or Barron.

@Stakesarehigh what gives? I didn't think CLE would ever let this guy walk?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This amazes me... This dude is a linchpin in that defense, and they are willing to part ways? I hope the Steelers are interested. He'd be an upgrade over Vince or Barron.

Lol typical. One of their drafted players, who is a stud at his position, and theyre gonna let him walk.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While the amount of mistakes they've made have been monumental the Browns also have had the second hardest schedule in the league to this point. Granted that will drop some with facing the Cards and Bengals to close out.

But of the teams they've faced 9 have a winning record, 8 are currently in the playoffs. So basically all but four of their games have been against the top 12 in the league.

They were in position to win some of those and blew it and losing to Denver is not excusable but that's a damn hard schedule

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol typical. One of their drafted players, who is a stud at his position, and theyre gonna let him walk.
I guess because he's not a polarizing ego that sells tickets they don't want him?

Cryin shame.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I've said before PFF hates the guy. And all NFL teams utilize it. He's currently a "green" but that's on the strength of his four picks in two games stretch. He was consistently one of the lowest rated defensive players early in the season.

I just gotta think Wilks doesn't like him