• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Around the AFCN

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna play contrarian here. I do alot( i value your opinion and conversation my friend:suds:). But i have been on record of being down on rudolph since the draft. But I dont think rudolph lacks confidence. Hes still cocky now, even after his bad play. He was in college, he was coming into the NFL. Actually re-read some of his draft reports the other day, his and Devlin hodges(side not look up hodges, he has some decent pre-draft reports, lots of sleepr status). Rudolphs confidence was a big key for alot of people coming into the league. I think he still has it. I actually think its part of his issue. He thinks hes doing well, and will do better, when in reality, his game is flawed. Again, total contrarian view. Re: in the current situation. Duck gives us the best chance to win. I also for whatever reason, think the more duck plays, the better hes gonna get. Hes just cocky enough, but just smart enough. He also has deceptively good feet. Can manipulate the pocket, something rudolph couldnt do at all. That was actualyl somethign i read about him in hes pre-draft reports too.

His college write up is what it is. Just watching the games recently, I'm gathering that I think Rudolph has lost some confidence....since the Earl Thomas hit and the situation with Myles Garrett hasn't helped.

The reason I say he's lost confidence and imo why he got pulled...he's having opportunities to throw the ball and he's not throwing it...instead choosing the safer (in most cases shorter) pass.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is a no brainer, but still, good to see it confirmed:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner and JuJu still questionable, with JuJu further behind. Another week without them, IMO.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conner and JuJu still questionable, with JuJu further behind. Another week without them, IMO.

So Juju clears concussion protocol only to be moved in parallel from "concussion" to "knee" on the injury report.

Sweet.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Juju clears concussion protocol only to be moved in parallel from "concussion" to "knee" on the injury report.

Sweet.
He was always a knee too. But concussion was listed first.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wk 13 AFCN Recap

BAL...10-2, W 20-17 vs SF...the top of the NFC faced off vs the top of the AFC in a terrible weather day in Baltimore. Neither OFC could do very much in the air. Still an entertaining game. SF goes for it on 4th and 1 late and failed to convert. BAL takes over with 6 mins left and grind out a game winning drive with nearly all running plays and kick the winning FG with 3 seconds left. With NE's loss @ HOU, the Ravens now own the #1 seed.

Next game...week 14 @ BUF

PIT...7-5, W 20-13 vs CLE...The Steelers scratch out another win behind QB3, Devlin Hodges who took over for Mason Rudolph in week 12 and played another efficient game, completing only 14 passes for 212 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT. Add in a TD run from Benny Snell and pair of FGs from the rejuvenated Boswell and the DEF made it hold up with another great performance to even the 2019 series with CLE at 1-1. Steelers are tied with the Titans, but hold the conference record tie-breaker over them for the 6th seed.

Next game...week 14 @ AZ

CLE...5-7, L 13-20 @ PIT...The Browns came to PIT with the hopes of a win at Heinz Field for the 1st time since 2003. The wait another year after falling 13-20. After media and many league analyst preseason projections of the Browns winning the DIV, the loss puts some pressure on HC Kitchens...with 4 games to play, they need all Ws to post a winning record.

Next game...week 14 vs CIN

CIN...1-11, W 22-6 vs NYJ...The Bengals get off the goose egg and finally put a 1 in the win column. They had enough of the Ryan Finley experiment and they went back to Andy Dalton who delivered a solid game and the DEF has sustained it's good play the last 3 weeks holding each opponent under 20 pts. The Bengals still have the worse record in the league and as a result own the #1 overall pick in the next draft....with NYG with only 2 wins, WAS, MIA, ATL, DET, AZ with 3 wins, it will be interesting to see if Dalton plays the rest of the games in CIN.

Next game...week 14 @ CLE

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore - Best team in the AFC right now. I think KC and NE will have something to say about who's best when we get to the playoffs.

Pittsburgh - Great job coaching by Tomlin and staff. They've shuffled qbs, but have continued to find ways to win.... Particularly at home. They are plenty capable of winning at least 3 of 4 and qualifying for the postseason.

Cleveland - I get the sense that they will give Freddie more than 1 year and I think it's a huge mistake. It's one thing to underperform as a team and it's another thing to be underperforming while being entirely undisciplined on and off the field. He looks more and more unqualified for his position as each week goes by.

Cincinnati - They might do just enough to spoil their draft position. They get John Ross back this week and the offensive line has been better with Cordy Glenn back in the lineup. Glenn is likely more motivated by the idea that he'll likely move on after the season and could get a new deal. Dalton is auditioning for a new job in the league next year. Lots of motivation for this unit. The D has quietly gotten better over the past few weeks and Dunlap and Atkins are now playing their best football of the season. They will definitely win at least one more game.... I hope they don't do better than that as they could cost themselves in the draft.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore - Best team in the AFC right now. I think KC and NE will have something to say about who's best when we get to the playoffs.

Pittsburgh - Great job coaching by Tomlin and staff. They've shuffled qbs, but have continued to find ways to win.... Particularly at home. They are plenty capable of winning at least 3 of 4 and qualifying for the postseason.

Cleveland - I get the sense that they will give Freddie more than 1 year and I think it's a huge mistake. It's one thing to underperform as a team and it's another thing to be underperforming while being entirely undisciplined on and off the field. He looks more and more unqualified for his position as each week goes by.

Cincinnati - They might do just enough to spoil their draft position. They get John Ross back this week and the offensive line has been better with Cordy Glenn back in the lineup. Glenn is likely more motivated by the idea that he'll likely move on after the season and could get a new deal. Dalton is auditioning for a new job in the league next year. Lots of motivation for this unit. The D has quietly gotten better over the past few weeks and Dunlap and Atkins are now playing their best football of the season. They will definitely win at least one more game.... I hope they don't do better than that as they could cost themselves in the draft.

BAL...agreed. #1 seed will still be a major challenge with @ BUF, NYJ, @ CLE, PIT. NE has KC, @ CIN, BUF, MIA...interesting the both the 1 & 2 seed could lose this week.

PIT...agreed. Tomlin is getting a lot of mileage out of this team considering what he's been working on OFC. Starting with the OC...that's Ben's hand picked OC, Fichtner calls the plays on game day, but you probably could call him and Ben joint OCs during the prep week. Now Randy has been thrust into being a real OC, with QB2 and QB3 at his disposal. Back up RBs, back up C, WR3 was let go, so Washington (who was WR4) has stepped up...imo if this team can somehow win 10 games...Tomlin should be the lock for COY. Maybe they get 2 more Ws.

CLE...Idk if Kitchens is really Dorsey's guy or they just wanted to keep some continuity from the success they built last year. It made no sense to hire him as the head man otherwise. Haslam does not want a revolving door at HC...you can tell that when he kept Hue Jackson after 1-31. I said 8-8 or 9-7 from the outset...I think he needs to good at least 8-8 to keep the job...I think they 3 out of 4 to post 8-8...tall task.

CIN...interesting the DEF has decided to play the last 3 weeks. I've felt all season (even LY) there was more talent on that DEF that was showing up on Sundays. The battle of OH starts this week.

2020 Draft...maybe WAS is in the mix but CIN and NYG are the main players as of week 14

CIN plays: CLE x2,NE, @ MIA...projection 2-2, total 3-13
NYG plays: PHI x 2, MIA, @ WAS....projection 1-3 total 3-13

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wk 14 recap

BAL...11-2, W, 24-17 @ BUF...the game was not as close as the final score. While the Ravens score less than their season average, they more or less controlled the Bills OFC from start to finish holding them to 3 FGs for most of the game until they got a TD in the 4th to make it 24-17. Kind of a sloppy game by the Ravens with nearly 100 yds of penalties, but this game was never really in doubt against a pretty good Bills DEF. Ravens are currently the #1 seed.

Next game...wk 15 vs NYJ

PIT...8-5, W, 23-17 @ AZ...QB3 Devlin Hodges delivered his 3rd consecutive win, bolstered by another outstanding DEF effort. The Steelers DEF kept AZ well under their recent OFC production, and again unleashed the sack machine to the tune of 5 sacks. The OFC was still somewhat conservative, but getting a ST punt return for a score and suffocating DEF, they didn't need to be to aggressive. The Steelers are currently holding the 6th seed, but could be turning into that team that no one will want to face in the 1st round...work still to be done though.

Next game...wk 15 vs BUF

CLE...6-7, W, 27-19 vs CIN...the Browns kept whatever remains of their post season hopes alive for another week by sweeping their in state DIV foe Bengals. The Bengals behind Andy Dalton scored 1st and took the early 13-7 lead. The Browns score was actually a DEF score on a pick 6. The Browns OFC finally kicked into gear well in the second Qtr and they scored 2 TDs and 2 FGs. The Bengals could only answer with 2 more FGs and that wasn't near enough to avoid being swept again by the Browns. As it stand now the in the 8th seed position behind TN.

Next game...wk 15 @ AZ

CIN...1-12, L, 19-27 @ CLE...Bengals were coming off their first win of the season the previous week so there had to be some optimism with the Dalton back in the fold and the DEF playing well in recent games. It wasn't to be. The OFC bonged down deep in Browns territory on the 1st drive and kicked a FG...DEF holds, Bengals get it back and Dalton gives up a pick 6, DEF continues to stifle Mayfield, Bengals kick another FG, then get a pick of their own and turned that into 7, but that was only TD they would get, only able to muster up two more FGs the rest of the way. Bengals still have the worst record in the league and currently hold the #1 draft pick position.

Next game...wk 15 vs NE

AFC at large...As stated, the Ravens are the 1 seed. NE is still the 2 seed, but looking a little wobbly for this time of the year...good time to visit the Bengals I guess. KC beating NE had to give them some confidence, they hold the 3 seed. HOU is the 4 seed, but the TN Titans are quietly one of the hottest teams in the league right now. They have won 4 consecutive games, and scored at least 30 pts in each win. Very stiff ending for them with 2 vs HOU and NO at home, but the AFCS is wide open....I'm not entirely sure what would happen to HOU if they are overtaken by TN for the DIV. With resurgence of the Steelers, the PIT vs BUF game is now for the 5th seed position. OAK and IND have both dropped 3 in a row to fall back to 6-7 and slipping fast, whereas CLE has won 3 of the last 4 to match them at 6-7.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too quick to say that Buffalo is locked in. They play us, New England and the Jets to end the season. They could easily go 1-2 to end the season and they would need to worry about us, Tennessee, Houston for that other WC spot. They only beat the Jets by 1 point during their Week 1 game. Buffalo, whoever the division winner isn't between Tennessee and Houston, and we will be fighting for those WC spots.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens - Still look like the most complete team in the NFL. Even when sloppy, they still easily outclassed another playoff team on the road. The road to the superbowl will almost certainly run through Baltimore.

Steelers - I watched part of the second half of this game. The Steelers have a razor thin margin to win games given the injuries to key playmakers, but the D steps up when needed and they keep winning games. If they hang on to the 6th seed, it will be interesting to watch them in week 1 of the playoffs. Some of the potential opponents are inconsistent teams that can be upset.

Browns - You got it wrong ATL - The Browns did not sweep the Bengals. That was the first meeting this season. Though the Browns won the game, they were outplayed most of the day by an inferior opponent. Giving up 400+ yards to a Bengal offense without AJ Green is not a good look. And Baker was a replay reversal PI call away from a devastating 4th quarter INT that would have given the Bengals won more chance to tie the game late. Before, after, and during the game all the news was about OBJ and his unhappiness in Cleveland. This could be a much better team..... They need to rethink the coaching staff.

Bengals - The Bengals offense came to life a little in Cleveland. Mixon was particularly good. But the redzone struggles continued to plague the team. It's not good to have so many difficulties in the redzone with a 9 year qb and a head coach that cut his teeth on the offensive side of the ball. The team remains firmly in place of last place in the NFL and it's looking like the Joe Burrow era will begin soon.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens - Still look like the most complete team in the NFL. Even when sloppy, they still easily outclassed another playoff team on the road. The road to the superbowl will almost certainly run through Baltimore.

Steelers - I watched part of the second half of this game. The Steelers have a razor thin margin to win games given the injuries to key playmakers, but the D steps up when needed and they keep winning games. If they hang on to the 6th seed, it will be interesting to watch them in week 1 of the playoffs. Some of the potential opponents are inconsistent teams that can be upset.

Browns - You got it wrong ATL - The Browns did not sweep the Bengals. That was the first meeting this season. Though the Browns won the game, they were outplayed most of the day by an inferior opponent. Giving up 400+ yards to a Bengal offense without AJ Green is not a good look. And Baker was a replay reversal PI call away from a devastating 4th quarter INT that would have given the Bengals won more chance to tie the game late. Before, after, and during the game all the news was about OBJ and his unhappiness in Cleveland. This could be a much better team..... They need to rethink the coaching staff.

Bengals - The Bengals offense came to life a little in Cleveland. Mixon was particularly good. But the redzone struggles continued to plague the team. It's not good to have so many difficulties in the redzone with a 9 year qb and a head coach that cut his teeth on the offensive side of the ball. The team remains firmly in place of last place in the NFL and it's looking like the Joe Burrow era will begin soon.

firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for the correction Cincygrad (at least somebody reads it :D) .....Not so fast with the sweeping there!

For some reason I thought they had already played the Battle of OH 1.0 this year...great opportunity for that to NOT be back to back sweeps to the Browns.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie
firefreddie

?? Really...the playoffs probably are not happening, but he's on a bit of a roll now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?? Really...the playoffs probably are not happening, but he's on a bit of a roll now.

I don't like him. He's made too many bizarre play calling decisions. I'll mention them again. Calling a draw play on 4th & 9 vs. the Rams. Calling a pass play late in the 1st half against the Seahawks. Play turned into an int. Leaving R. Wilson enough time on the clock to put more points on the board before HT. Taking a penalty on 4th down deep in their own territory against the Pats. Then going for it! WTF!?!?!? Result of the play was a sack. And his team lacks serious disipline. No wonder they lead the league in penalities. He's not head coaching material.

And the last straw for me was his dumbfuck decision to wear that t shirt out in public that said Pittsburgh started it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like him. He's made too many bizarre play calling decisions. I'll mention them again. Calling a draw play on 4th & 9 vs. the Rams. Calling a pass play late in the 1st half against the Seahawks. Play turned into an int. Leaving R. Wilson enough time on the clock to put more points on the board before HT. Taking a penalty on 4th down deep in their own territory against the Pats. Then going for it! WTF!?!?!? Result of the play was a sack. And his team lacks serious disipline. No wonder they lead the league in penalities. He's not head coaching material.

And the last straw for me was his dumbfuck decision to wear that t shirt out in public that said Pittsburgh started it.

Can you imagine what this team would have done with Arians? I think they'd be a playoff bunch.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that finds it odd that Cleveland's schedule featured both matchups against PIT & CIN within 3-4 week windows?

Week 11: vPIT
Week 12: vMIA
Week 13: @PIT
Week 14: vCIN
Week 15; @ARI
Week 16: vBAL
Week 17: @CIN

Schedule makers couldn't spread that out or alternate it any better than that?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one that finds it odd that Cleveland's schedule featured both matchups against PIT & CIN within 3-4 week windows?

Week 11: vPIT
Week 12: vMIA
Week 13: @PIT
Week 14: vCIN
Week 15; @ARI
Week 16: vBAL
Week 17: @CIN

Schedule makers couldn't spread that out or alternate it any better than that?

I also find it odd that 5 of their last 7 are division games.