• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Armon Binns Will Win Starting Job

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Big target knew his plays and made the catches...Binns will be the starter....Shipley will be Pup'd or traded....

We will see many sets with Green, Binns, Hawkins and Sanu...Sanu and Hawkins will play the slot and Binns and Tate will swap as 2nd Wr.....

At least these 5 make the roster.....

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shipley is practicing.... He can't be pup'd.

NCBengal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shipley gets cut

I think Shipley is out of here.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shipley is out of here.

I'm not a big Shipley fan, but I'm surprised to hear this from a Bengal fan. I thought everyone loved the dude -- Heck, half our fanbase thinks he's Wes Welker.

In all honesty, he did much more in his rookie year than anyone we have that would play the slot. I'm as much of a fan as Baby Hawk as anyone else, but I'm not ready to admit that he is more ready to be the full time slot receiver more than Shipley.

OrangeBlackRedWhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
*Player has good rookie year. Gets hurt and doesn't play for a season. Everyone is then ready to get rid of him*

Oh, ok.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he might have some trade value if WR's weren't a dime a dozen.

I think we're planning on someone getting injured, it happens every year.

We have Sanu, Jones, Hawkins, and Shipley who can all pretty much play the role playing receiver. Sanu and Jones will be held back because that's what we do with rookies not drafted in the first round, therefore Shipley will be around another year or so. If Armon Binns is so great, he would have been worked into the roster already, its just more Hobspin.

NCBengal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shipley gets cut

I am not saying I don't like the guy or even tha I want him to leave. But we have a roster full of WRs without a major ACL injury to nurse back to health. Anyone honestly think he can one of WRs in camp right now... let alone get separation from a CB? It's brutal thing but he has to earn his spot back and he is competing against some real talent.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying I don't like the guy or even tha I want him to leave. But we have a roster full of WRs without a major ACL injury to nurse back to health. Anyone honestly think he can one of WRs in camp right now... let alone get separation from a CB? It's brutal thing but he has to earn his spot back and he is competing against some real talent.

Yes, because I think he is better than most the guys on our roster, not counting potential. I would say he is the second best WR on our team right now behind Green if he is healthy enough to play. Not comparing him to Welker, but we just do not have much experience at WR, and by default, I think that makes Shipley our second best WR on the team as of right now.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because I think he is better than most the guys on our roster, not counting potential. I would say he is the second best WR on our team right now behind Green if he is healthy enough to play. Not comparing him to Welker, but we just do not have much experience at WR, and by default, I think that makes Shipley our second best WR on the team as of right now.

Yea, I think your right. The Bengals offensive staff really does value experience with wide receivers. So Tate and Shipley have an advantage there.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, he's not healthy. He's coming off yet ANOTHER ACL injury. This isn't like Palmer where he can simply drop back in a straight line and hand the ball off. He's got to be able to plant, push, cut on that leg. Most people say it takes at least 12 full months before you become 100% comfortable to really do all of those things. With the depth at WR, his health is a HUGE check against him, even with his experience.

NCBengal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is the second best receiver on this team right now, then we are in VERY serious trouble. Gruden has already indicated the guy is not in shape. Baby Hawk would own this guy in a foot race.. he might own everyone on the team actually except maybe Green.... Too many other receivers just as good as he is on the roster.

I still think Shipley gets waived and they resign him unless someone picks him up.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm... still sluggish, that won't keep him ahead of Hawk, Sanu, and Jones. seems like we had a receiving tight end we kept around for a long time with injuries.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker came back in about that time frame. I am not worried about it, and he is a bit out of shape, but that is to be expected when coming back from an injury that limits your speed and ability to do running drills most of the season.

There is no doubt he is going to be behind physically compared to these other guys that should hopefully of been working all offseason on their conditioning and they had full year of play in college and offseason training programs before training camp.

I already said, not including potential, and seeing if Shipley was 100% and in shape, he is probably the second best WR on our team right now until we see what the rookies can do in live games against NFL caliber defenses, especially in our division.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is #2 on the depth chart right now.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is #2 on the depth chart right now.

yea, Shipley will hardly ever be #2 on the depth chart, as he isn't exactly acclimated to wing receiver.

Tate is the experience guy there, but we all know he'll be the KR/PR eventually.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the presence of Baby Hawk makes Shipley expendable.....someone on this board commented that there usually isn't room for two of those types on one team, and that well may turn out to be an astute comment.....I still wonder if we should be so quick to write off a guy who caught 50 passes as a rookie, though......

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the presence of Baby Hawk makes Shipley expendable.....someone on this board commented that there usually isn't room for two of those types on one team, and that well may turn out to be an astute comment.....I still wonder if we should be so quick to write off a guy who caught 50 passes as a rookie, though......

I was one that has said you can't keep both..... I don't have a favorite, but I think it's one or the other.