• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona State @ Stanford

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of NFL scouts are saying Sutton gained bad weight WizardHawk this is what our defense is good at pass rush, and if this is the case then it will be a long year for the defense. Bradford was non existent last game until the 4th he had 11.5 sacks last year and it looked like he was just getting better 0 sacks for our 2 great pass rushers makes you wonder.........

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Sutton have the opportunity to lose this weight during the season and get back to 290?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Sutton have the opportunity to lose this weight during the season and get back to 290?

Sutton was an anomaly. He is getting keyed on by the line and will see more double teams than his ass can take. He may have the opportunity to go first round but I mostly see him as a late second, early third rounder. LSU might have a spare defensive lineman that you can borrow.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton was an anomaly. He is getting keyed on by the line and will see more double teams than his ass can take. He may have the opportunity to go first round but I mostly see him as a late second, early third rounder. LSU might have a spare defensive lineman that you can borrow.

He was a beast last year had 13.5 sacks and was 2nd in tackles for loss. He also had a bunch of tackles last year. He was a 1st rounder when he was at 288. I don't know why he gained that weight hes an idiot. Missed 2 games as well last year.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton reminded me of John Randel then when I heard he gained weight I was thinking hmmmmmm if he can get to the qb maybe hes like a Warren Sapp.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Double teams are nothing new. He's played about a game and a half this year. His numbers will come around when they get into the teams that actually want to throw the ball. Asking a defensive tackle to get 13+ sacks two years in a row is unrealistic for a Pro Bowler in a 16 game season, let alone a college kid. So long as he's disruptive and continuing to demand the double, he's doing his job.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCd7ar4nBKM]JediASU: ASUs Last TD scored by Marion Grice vs Wisconsin - YouTube[/ame] This is how good our offense can be. I expect more of this next week.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Coyle probably dropped more balls last night than all of last season pathetic. Richard Smith shouldn't see the field for this game we cant afford dropped passes. I would rather have Grice and DJ going out for passes on 3rd and longs, we gotta get Coyle going early for his confidence.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enlighten me. (1) Are you saying Wisconsin is better than Stanford or than ASU is better than Army or both/neither? (2) Serious question: Don't you think that Stanford intentionally held back in respect to the fighting men of the Academy. I do.

1. Both.

2. No. You don't have a one score game half way through the third quarter because you don't try. If they were up 24-0 in the first and cruised to a 31-17 win that's one thing. Stanford's struggles were legitimate.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stanford wins this pretty easily. I'd say by about 17 points or so. Also Army scored with seconds left on the clock, otherwise they win by 21. Also Stanford played like crap turning it over twice. Clearly we haven't seen the best of them yet, I expect we will this week. Being at home definitely helps their cause too. I'll say 34-17, something along those lines.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stanford wins this pretty easily. I'd say by about 17 points or so. Also Army scored with seconds left on the clock, otherwise they win by 21. Also Stanford played like crap turning it over twice. Clearly we haven't seen the best of them yet, I expect we will this week. Being at home definitely helps their cause too. I'll say 34-17, something along those lines.

Not really. They played like crap at home last year. They barely beat some bad teams like USC, Wazzou and San Jose State, and also barely scraped by a decent Arizona team. The year before they got smoked by Oregon and squeaked by Cal by 3. There's hardly any kind of homefield advantage for them.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. They played like crap at home last year. They barely beat some bad teams like USC, Wazzou and San Jose State, and also barely scraped by a decent Arizona team. The year before they got smoked by Oregon and squeaked by Cal by 3. There's hardly any kind of homefield advantage for them.

I'm not saying they have a great home field advantage or anything, but it helps that its at home and not at ASU. Also San Jose State was a good team last year, finished top 25. And has some pretty good wins. Only losses to Stanford and Utah St.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of NFL scouts are saying Sutton gained bad weight WizardHawk this is what our defense is good at pass rush, and if this is the case then it will be a long year for the defense. Bradford was non existent last game until the 4th he had 11.5 sacks last year and it looked like he was just getting better 0 sacks for our 2 great pass rushers makes you wonder.........

He gained that weight specifically because NFL scouts told him to now they're saying it's bad :noidea:

He'll be fine. The first game he played was against an FCS school whose entire gameplan was centered around running away from him and throwing the ball in less than 2 seconds. The way Wisconsin plays it's very hard to force TFLs and obviously they don't throw much so there aren't many opportunities for sacks.

His presence was surely felt though. He did have a couple plays where he forced an early throw. Bradford did the same thing, he blew by a linemen at least twice and got in Stave's face.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams don't use their full offense in non conference games where they are heavily favored. I wouldn't say Stanford played less hard because it was Army, but I'd bet the farm they were using more of a vanilla offense.

Does that mean Stanford will play loads better this week? No, of course not. But trying to compare the effort or score for two poor teams vs what ASU did against a B1G powerhouse is futile.

Doesn't matter what your views are, but we will all know a lot more about both teams after this game.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most teams don't use their full offense in non conference games where they are heavily favored. I wouldn't say Stanford played less hard because it was Army, but I'd bet the farm they were using more of a vanilla offense.

Does that mean Stanford will play loads better this week? No, of course not. But trying to compare the effort or score for two poor teams vs what ASU did against a B1G powerhouse is futile.

Doesn't matter what your views are, but we will all know a lot more about both teams after this game.

We know quite a bit about ASU already...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know quite a bit about ASU already...

If you read my first post in this thread I said I wasn't impressed with ASU. I don't believe they played up to their hype by any means. The problem is Stanford hasn't had any kind of test yet and has reloaded at some key positions so there is no way of knowing if they will play like a top 10 team, but many have their doubts.

I really don't know who to take in this game.