• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona State @ Stanford

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Osweiler was a 2nd round draft pick with only 1 year of real playing time. They don't grow on trees, dude.

I just dont know how we expect to run without spreading the field our line isnt great it will be next year with Westerman and looks like Tucker. :suds:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks in a row we've got some publicity on a national scale. As they say, all publicity is good. We showed them how not to do it and then how to do it. Turned out positive endeavor for the Devils, I believe.

Positive wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe it, but the 2nd half was pretty good damage control for morale and the team's public perception.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont know how we expect to run without spreading the field our line isnt great it will be next year with Westerman and looks like Tucker. :suds:

We haven't had a great offensive line since Snyder was coach. Maybe we'll change that in the years to come, but the OL isn't something you can quick fix. Developing good linemen takes years.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Osweiler was a 2nd round draft pick with only 1 year of real playing time. They don't grow on trees, dude.

Yeah, freak of nature. With good coaching that team would have went to a better bowl if not the Rose Bowl.

I like Kelly, not the high ceiling that some others have but he still has another year of eligibility. He gives ASU something they haven't had in a long time at QB, experience. He doesn't need to be an elite QB for us, just needs to distribute the ball efficiently to our playmakers and NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. He is part of the reason we got into the hole tonight, but he made some good plays at the end to get us some momentum. Hopefully he learns from the mistakes he made tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, freak of nature. With good coaching that team would have went to a better bowl if not the Rose Bowl.

I like Kelly, not the high ceiling that some others have but he still has another year of eligibility. He gives ASU something they haven't had in a long time at QB, experience. He doesn't need to be an elite QB for us, just needs to distribute the ball efficiently to our playmakers and NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. He is part of the reason we got into the whole tonight, but he made some good plays at the end to get us some momentum. Hopefully he learns from the mistakes he made tonight.

A lot of Kelly's struggles are on the complete ass beating the offensive line took. We could do much, much worse.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of Kelly's struggles are on the complete ass beating the offensive line took. We could do much, much worse.

Yea the line is awful and Kelly is good I just think were not going to be able to run the ball if we cant spread the field.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4AB15AbvOs]Todd Graham Post-Game at Stanford - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say Will Sutton is not good this year.

He's playing nose tackle more than 3 tech. He's actually doing fairly well. I'm a little confused why they aren't moving him around quite as much, but I think a lot of that is a function of the opponents. ASU played probably the two quintessential power run/PA teams back to back. You're going to do things differently against them. Gap jumping all day everyday isn't going to work so hot.

You'll see the production start to pick up when we play teams that actually want to throw the ball. Notre Dame game, maybe not until Washington or after that.

Last edited by a moderator:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The experts said Sutton gained bad weight?

The 'experts' say Sutton gained bad weight because he isn't getting a bunch of sacks. He might be a little too big, but not to the level that is going to significantly change him. He's holding up much better against runs directly at him.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 'experts' say Sutton gained bad weight because he isn't getting a bunch of sacks. He might be a little too big, but not to the level that is going to significantly change him. He's holding up much better against runs directly at him.

Its almost basketball season folks. :yahoo:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you had a bad first half, admirable second half come back. You lost to a North division team. ASU still controls its own destiny for a PAC South and conference title....In fact, it'll come down to that UCLA game. Winner of that takes the South.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts:
That was the best first half of football Stanford has played in quite some time. The D was ferocious and the offensive sets were just complex and diverse enough to keep ASU on their heals.

However, Stanford showed now killer instinct in the last 16 minutes, and Shaw got conservative (dammit David you are better than that). Subbing out Hogan made sense, but the team played sloppy and stopped blocking hard and got out of their lanes. This cannot happen if Stanford hopes to beat UW or Oregon.

ASU proved they have the ability to score in bunches and make teams pay for being undisciplined. Both teams have something to use going forward as teaching moments.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you had a bad first half, admirable second half come back. You lost to a North division team. ASU still controls its own destiny for a PAC South and conference title....In fact, it'll come down to that UCLA game. Winner of that takes the South.

Again, Duck, well said. You are really hitting the target IMO. Pure common sense really. Or have I just taken one too many hits to the head?