• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona State @ Stanford

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of suspect we're going to get thumped. We'll see.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively Stanford is better than Wisconsin. Offensively they have a better o-line, WRs about even, and worse RBs and TEs. At this point Wisconsin probably has a better, more explosive offense but Stanford will be better at sustaining long drives and keeping our offense off the field.

The questions I have are how worn out is our defense after the Wisconsin game and whether or not Stanford makes some uncharacteristically bad mistakes of their own due to this being their first real game.

Stanford gave up 4.7 Yards per play against Army. We gave up 4.55 yards per play against you guys.

I don't think you understand what the word "better" means.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is going to get their doors blown off Saturday.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford gave up 4.7 Yards per play against Army. We gave up 4.55 yards per play against you guys.

Army is sort of weird. Just knowing who Stanford has back, they should have a superb defense. I think Gardner, Skov, Murphy and Tarpley are all long term NFL type guys on the front 7. Wisconsin's defense was a little better than I expected up front though. I thought Beau whatshisface was just a tubby white guy and I was wrong. They have a real deal NT.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think Stanford is overrated...if game was in tempe I would give nod to asu...think Stanford makes enough plays late to win game

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Arizona State plays with a lot of confidence out there. Even if it was controversial Arizona State won that football game(trying my hardest to put it behind me), I bet in the midst of the controversy that Sun Devil football team galvanizes and insulates itself from the controversy and puts in good prep work for Stanford.

I'm not sure I love this Stanford team. I think it will be a tight 4 quarter game. I don't know, I'll give an edge to Arizona State reluctantly.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stanford's defense is better than Wisconsin's at least on paper. We learned absolutely nothing about them in their first two games except that they will have a hard time replacing the TEs and RBs.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enlighten me. (1) Are you saying Wisconsin is better than Stanford or than ASU is better than Army or both/neither? (2) Serious question: Don't you think that Stanford intentionally held back in respect to the fighting men of the Academy. I do.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enlighten me. (1) Are you saying Wisconsin is better than Stanford or than ASU is better than Army or both/neither? (2) Serious question: Don't you think that Stanford intentionally held back in respect to the fighting men of the Academy. I do.

1. Sounds like he's saying Wisconsin's defense is at least as good, and I tend to agree. That is a stout defense by and large.

2. If they did, they are assholes. Our military men don't need pity from anyone. When OSU played Navy a few years ago, a few of their players said they felt bad going and smashing the Navy guys due to their obligation to the country, but they ended up getting over that when they realized the Navy players were smashing them. Army isn't even a good service academy team (5-19 over the last 2 years), though, so if you think this was because Stanford was going easy on them then Stanford must've been basically walking, because they looked like shit.

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like ASU_08 already said.. ASU will need to play a spotless game to win. And I don't like our secondary and LBs matching up with their big TEs. We've been breaking in two new DBs that are more finesse than physical. Which is scary.

I do think Stanford is a bit overrated however based on their first two games. We'll need to get tons of pressure on Hogan if we can with our exotic blitz package and try to force them to run inside like we did against Wisconsin. In the first half our run D actually did really well because of that strategy. In the 2nd half we gave up some big plays because we started missing tackles and Gordon is just really good.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Marcus Ball back. Also were not wearing all black? We always play awful in those has our Mens basketball program ever won a game in those things?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chris Young can become a force at will like I think he can we can get the win.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ASU can catch the football this week, I think they could win this game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope stanford is garbage this year. Might bring gameday to Seattle Oct 12

Honestly we can't know how good/bad Stanford is based just on their game vs Army and SJS. The power offense don't lend itself to blow outs as often as the uptempo/speed teams. Sure, they will get some, but not as much or as often.

At home in a conference game is a whole different thing.

I might agree with you and pick ASU, but I watched some of that game last week and thought they well under performed compared to expectation. If they had that many issues at home, what are they going to do on the road?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope stanford is garbage this year. Might bring gameday to Seattle Oct 12

Honestly we can't know how good/bad Stanford is based just on their game vs Army and SJS. The power offense don't lend itself to blow outs as often as the uptempo/speed teams. Sure, they will get some, but not as much or as often.

At home in a conference game is a whole different thing.

I might agree with you and pick ASU, but I watched some of that game last week and thought they well under performed compared to expectation. If they had that many issues at home, what are they going to do on the road?

It would of been nice to schedule an FCS opponent or something. Lots of new guys playing new positions on defense, but I feel like we will play well this weekend, and also were not wearing those all black jerseys we never play well in those. :suds:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Richie Smith would of caught those balls the whole momentum would of changed cant make those mistakes on the rode thank god hes not playing!