• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona, NY and NE best corners in the game,,, wait what?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks don't roll coverage, they use 1 safety practically as an extra LB and the other one as a single-high centerfield roamer. The Seahawks CBs do what they do one on one.

This is the thing fans of other teams dont get. Seattle plays single high safety all game long, they put kam in the box, have thomas play centerfield and have their corners play press man all day long.

And yes seattle had incredible depth, which is why their .3rd and 4 th cbs left via fa for good sized contracts...........

This is what the guys opposing my argument sont understand, the cbs make the safeties look as good as the safeties make the corners look good

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the thing fans of other teams dont get. Seattle plays single high safety all game long, they put kam in the box, have thomas play centerfield and have their corners play press man all day long.

And yes seattle had incredible depth, which is why their .3rd and 4 th cbs left via fa for good sized contracts...........

This is what the guys opposing my argument sont understand, the cbs make the safeties look as good as the safeties make the corners look good

And the fifth one stepped in and produced like an all-pro.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the two games I watched in detail, one live, one on TV, the high safety was being rolled toward the CB opposite Sherman for at least 3/4 of the passing plays. It is possible the majority of the other games were different.

BTW - I'm not calling you out or saying you are wrong, that's just what I witnessed.

Maxwell could have used some safety help on that Floyd TD. But he was holding up and making plays all day outside of that.

I'm not saying that Thomas doesn't help the corners. It may look like they are intentionally rolling coverage but what he is really doing is reading the QB and going where his eyes are looking, which often just happens to be away from Sherman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxwell could have used some safety help on that Floyd TD. But he was holding up and making plays all day outside of that.

I'm not saying that Thomas doesn't help the corners. It may look like they are intentionally rolling coverage but what he is really doing is reading the QB and going where his eyes are looking, which often just happens to be away from Sherman.

That's my exact point. Coverage is rolled to where they think the ball is going. Which 90% of the time is away from Sherman.Therefore, if there was a weak link in the secondary, it would be the corner opposite Sherman. The simple fact that Sherman is in the game makes it easier on the opposite corner.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my exact point. Coverage is rolled to where they think the ball is going. Which 90% of the time is away from Sherman.Therefore, if there was a weak link in the secondary, it would be the corner opposite Sherman. The simple fact that Sherman is in the game makes it easier on the opposite corner.

It also depends on how good the QB is. If he can look off Thomas and go after Maxwell he can get him one on one which happens quite a bit and Maxwell makes plays in those unstances too. On that Palmer-Floyd TD, he drew ET down on to Fitz on a drag and hit Floyd deep, Maxwell made a great play but it wasn't enough. And that's the only play that I can think of where he got beat deep, but he was targeted one on one quite a bit, and a lot of times Max takes the ball away.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a safety taking away the entire middle underneath of the field and another taking away the majority of deep routes. It's not hard to look good in that defense at corner.

Browner is nowhere near as good as you're making him out to be.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there is a lot of Hawk fans on SportsHoopla, they may be why there is a lot of comments about them.

And not everything football related has to be about Seattle, but if you're going to talk about DBs....

How many would that be? It doesn't seem to me there are any more than I would expect for the current SB winners, I would say there are 7 or so very dedicated members that seem to be on call to come to the team defense when they feel it is slighted. Sherman should certainly be mentioned in any topic concerned with current top performing CBs, I think that blogger is talking out his ass anyway, just the usual off-season blather nonsense.

How many days until kickoff?

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article specifically mentioned corners, not the secondary as a whole. Their SB performance wasn't exactly ignored; ESPN was calling them the best defense since the '85 Bears in the immediate aftermath.

I watch and read ESPN a ton, and while they do have their preferred teams (the big ratings draws), the only team I've seen them express anything resembling dislike towards is the SA Spurs.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I think ESPN loves to give the Raiders the business whenever it can.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a safety taking away the entire middle underneath of the field and another taking away the majority of deep routes. It's not hard to look good in that defense at corner.

Browner is nowhere near as good as you're making him out to be.

Logan and Dennard are nowhere near as good you're claiming. Browner at least is a proven commodity and is now being paid like one. You'll see when you actually see him play and see how impressive it is when he rips the ball from recievers and slams them to the ground, he is a good player in his own right.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennard is hands down better than browner. Ryan is not yet proven, but is extremely likely to beat him out as well.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennard is hands down better than browner. Ryan is not yet proven, but is extremely likely to beat him out as well.

Agree to disagree? You have watched your guy a ton i have watched browner a ton. Browner is incredibly unique, he may not be a quote un quote normal corner but he uis ridiculously physical he throws other teams off. Well see who bb starts along side revis

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's OK, that's your opinion.

I'm bringing facts though.

Fact 1: Browner has been more productive and impactful

Fact 2: Dennard's team went out and spent starter money on Browner (with a looming suspension)

Fact 3: PFF ranked Browner 30 spots ahead of Dennard last year (I know you like PFF's CB rankings)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. That's opinion as well. Dennard has essentially been on an island with mediocre safety play and little pass rush and been extremely effective.
2. For reasons I already stated. Versatility is useful and we had money to spend on a luxury pick that adds flexibility because there was no one else of particular benefit available on the free agent market.
3. Ok, and? I never claimed it told the whole story. In fact, I stated that it didn't and that rating higher with substantially less help and poor usage was part of the reason Revis was so much better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browner is better than dennard,i like dennard,but pats fans know,he never slowed any defense down,browner WILL start game 5

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally zero chance browner beats out dennard. None.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally zero chance browner beats out dennard. None.

They are both going to play. Both will be better because of the presence of the other.
Everybody played out of position last year. Nobody was any good without the right help and being in the right position. We had an opportunity to be a great defense but with everybody hurt, don't blame the guys that stayed in without a lot of help......