• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's a load of horse shit. What good is a winning season if you don't make the playoffs? There are no moral victories in baseball so you can't possibly tell me the Nationals think they had a successful season just because they had a winning record, they know that it doesn't mean shit and holds no weight in determining team success. I'm not arguing over which of our teams has had more success, I'm just stating that a world series and a division title should hold more weight than simply a winning season.

Well, for starters, there is the possibility of making the playoffs if you have a winning record without winning the division, that is clearly NOT available if you don't even have a winning record. This has allowed the Dodgers to make the playoffs as many times as the DBacks, even if they have one less division title. So winning the division once more is not as spectacular when both have been to the playoffs the same amount of times.

And a WS does hold a lot of weight, but when you haven't even won a single LCS game other than that year, then it shows that the WS title was more of the exception than the rule. I'm not saying that the WS isn't important, again, it obviously is. I'm just saying that both teams have the same amount of playoff wins, playoff appearances, and the Dodgers have more NLCS appearances, and NLCS wins. So that means that the Dodgers going deep into October is more like the rule when they make the playoffs, and not the exception. It is a higher indicator of a successful franchise, rather than just having a great team surrounded by a team that even when they get to the playoffs, can't even get far enough to win a game in the LCS - let alone get there.

I'm not trying to argue for the sake of arguing. But I also won't let an opportunity go to debate opinions that I can defend with facts and statistics. I think it's a wash. The WS obviously holds a ton of weight, I just don't think that it, and one extra division title, just seals the deal in the face of obvious facts and stats to the contrary, which ALL must be accounted for in a debate over overall franchise success over the past 16 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is simply impossible to compare a franchise that started in the 1800's to one that started in the 1990's. The Dodgers have a long history while the Arizona team is a blip on the screen of baseball history.

Arizona has had some fine seasons, but overall, nothing to write home about. Maybe this discussion would make more sense 30-40 years from now when Arizona's history can be written on something bigger than an envelope.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion is about success between the two teams since 1998. It's a valid argument.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More division titles, and WS titles

Case closed as far as I am concerned.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in baseball, it's what have you done for me lately and today, 2013, the Dodgers are a much better team than the Diamondbacks.

Case closed.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in baseball, it's what have you done for me lately and today, 2013, the Dodgers are a much better team than the Diamondbacks.

Case closed.

Arizona won the season series. :finger:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone send Desert Glory a PM and talk shit to him. It'll confuse the hell out of him whenever he decides to log back in

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The discussion is about success between the two teams since 1998. It's a valid argument.

"What have you done for me lately?" Why not talk about success in 2013?

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona won the season series. :finger:

And all it got them was a .500 record and 11 games behind the Dodgers. You enjoy that kind of "success" and Dodgers fans will enjoy playing in the Playoffs.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all it got them was a .500 record and 11 games behind the Dodgers. You enjoy that kind of "success" and Dodgers fans will enjoy playing in the Playoffs.
It was probably sarcasm you prick, enjoy getting bounced by St. Louis tomorrow and spending another 100 million trying to buy a championship.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Dodgers get bounced by St Louis, then what? "What have you done for me lately" A 200 million dollar team that was picked by everybody to win the WS that is supposedly a dynasty loses then it is all out the window. I remember Dodger fans trolling us in 2011 when we lost to Milwaukee, saying "A division title doesn't count if you don't win anything". I guess we can say the same for the Dodgers if they are eliminated since they are gods and can do no wrong.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay? Since Arizona became a team we won the division more than you have. You guys still haven't won a WS since our manager was on your team. The 80's is a long time ago mi amigo.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes 'round and 'round. Don't bring all the facts to the table with DBack fans. Please, just them isolate the two stats that help the DBacks. Don't paint the most complete picture, that would destroy their argument. Just let them believe that a team that hasn't even won half of the games they've ever played, is a successful franchise, just because one WS surrounds 15 years of mediocrity.

Don't bring in the tie in playoff appearances and playoff wins (even counting their WS), and don't count the more NLCS appearances and wins, or the winning seasons, the head to head, or the overall winning %. Just isolate it all down to the two stats that the DBacks have, and let them keep the "we had one great year, so we have the better franchise" blinders on.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recent success? Both of these teams only have 1 division title this decade, leave it at that and shut the fuck up about it.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is simply impossible to compare a franchise that started in the 1800's to one that started in the 1990's. The Dodgers have a long history while the Arizona team is a blip on the screen of baseball history.

Arizona has had some fine seasons, but overall, nothing to write home about. Maybe this discussion would make more sense 30-40 years from now when Arizona's history can be written on something bigger than an envelope.

Case closed.

"What have you done for me lately?" Why not talk about success in 2013?

You guys don't even waste your time with these tools we are better then that that's why i dont even come here I just laugh at them :lol: They are so desperate for attention & a rival everybody knows AZ in all sports is garbage & it's not to talk trash its just a fact, but Az fans think all of them are Saints & that their teams are the greatest ever in the history of the universe & that the Milky Way Galaxy revolves around them & nobody should be considered humans unless you are from AZ...this is what they believe folks, they can never do no wrong SMH! :L

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay? Since Arizona became a team we won the division more than you have. You guys still haven't won a WS since our manager was on your team. The 80's is a long time ago mi amigo.

I like the "mi amigo" at the end! It really drives home your point!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was probably sarcasm you prick, enjoy getting bounced by St. Louis tomorrow and spending another 100 million trying to buy a championship.

I guess reality isn't always easy to face.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Dodger fans swarming on this board to defend their "great" team. Hilarious.

At least we have a great team to support and defend.