• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just for shits and giggles, here is what I envision Tampa asking for in a trade: Bradley/Pollock/Owings/Stryker/Barrett/Patrick Schuster

That is way too much to give up.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it happens. I want Price but it'll be too much both prospect wise and contract wise... unless the ownership suddenly decides to go Brian Colangelo on us.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KT keeps saying that they're going to add a left handed hitter with some power via trade. I wonder who he's targeting.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see Bradley up this year, I also want Stites and Barrett up from the get go. Now... will Barrett be Kimbrel? Probably not but I think he will be a very good closer. Our bullpen is the main concern, I think our lineup could be very good next year with all of the talent and proven guys we have. I think power hitters are overrated, I would take a high average-high OBP guy who hits 15 HRs over a Pedro Alvarez or Mark Trumbo any day. The STL Cardinals are going to be competitive for years to come because of great pitching and a good lineup... which doesn't have much power in it. It will be between us and LA for years to come. Unless the Giants make some moves this offseason and the Rockies and Padres do something crazy that won't change.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see Bradley up this year, I also want Stites and Barrett up from the get go. Now... will Barrett be Kimbrel? Probably not but I think he will be a very good closer. Our bullpen is the main concern, I think our lineup could be very good next year with all of the talent and proven guys we have. I think power hitters are overrated, I would take a high average-high OBP guy who hits 15 HRs over a Pedro Alvarez or Mark Trumbo any day. The STL Cardinals are going to be competitive for years to come because of great pitching and a good lineup... which doesn't have much power in it. It will be between us and LA for years to come. Unless the Giants make some moves this offseason and the Rockies and Padres do something crazy that won't change.

I really like Barrett and Stites. I think at least one of them will pan out to be the future closer. Hernandez will have a bounce back year, mark my words.

Ziegler-Hernandez-Collmenter-Barrett-Stites-Putz

Not too bad. Bell needs to go and I hope we sign a closer. (Balfour or Munjica)

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Barrett and Stites. I think at least one of them will pan out to be the future closer. Hernandez will have a bounce back year, mark my words.

Ziegler-Hernandez-Collmenter-Barrett-Stites-Putz

Not too bad. Bell needs to go and I hope we sign a closer. (Balfour or Munjica)
Balfour would be nice if it was the right price, I don't want Mujica, he completely folded in September. And you are right about DH, he had a monster September, I expect a career year from him next season.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Balfour would be nice if it was the right price, I don't want Mujica, he completely folded in September. And you are right about DH, he had a monster September, I expect a career year from him next season.

I didn't pay attention to other teams or players in September all that much so I didn't know how Munjica finished out the year. Balfour would be perfect, but I doubt a deal gets done with our payroll situation.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch it ends up being someone like Nate Schierholtz...

But here are the LH bat guesses:
-Jay Bruce
-Josh Reddick
-Kyle Seager

I feel like we've had this exact conversation before.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised. I figured he would likely be gone if KT/Gibby were serious about making changes. This is a good sign. Matt Williams will likely be gone as well. I think he finally gets a manager position some where.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Williams might end up a decent manager, but I just want him to get as far away from third base as possible. That just wasn't his thing. At all.

I want to bring in Randy Johnson as the new pitching coach.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring Bryan Price back as the pitching coach. If he doesn't get the manager postion in Cincy, maybe he will be looking for a new home.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Williams might end up a decent manager, but I just want him to get as far away from third base as possible. That just wasn't his thing. At all.

I want to bring in Randy Johnson as the new pitching coach.

I don't think that Randy has the demeanor to be a pitching coach.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLBTR
The bullpen was a disappointment for the Nationals in 2013 and improving the relief corps "is one of the Nationals' biggest offseason priorities," James Wagner of the Washington Post writes. The Nats will particularly be looking for left-handed relief help. Wagner suggests that the team could possibly trade setup man Tyler Clippard due to his rising price tag in the arbitration process. Clippard earned $4MM last season and has two more years of arb-eligibility remaining.

I think we are a perfect trade partner for Clippard. We have LHP & SP we are willing to trade. Throw in a Bell & pay 2/3s of his salary. Perfect stadium for Bell to pitch in. Clippard can be the closer we need till Hernandez/Barrett/Stites are ready. The only question is what to do with Putz. When healthy, he is a good closer.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade ideas:

Trade 1:

Seattle gets- Matt Davidson, Trevor Cahill, and a lower level prospect.
Arizona gets- Kyle Seager

Trade 2:

Washington gets- David Holmberg and Joe Thatcher
Arizona gets- Tyler Clippard

Trade 3:

Cincinnati gets: AJ Pollock, Stryker Trahan, and Brandon McCarthy
Arizona gets: Jay Bruce, lower level catching prospect

Just random ideas flowin'

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty sure that I wanted Bruce or seager about a month ago. Those are the only two real vial options.