• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cahill has a lot of upside, he has a 2.70 ERA after the All-Star Break and had a great start to the season. He's just so inconsistent, you don't know which Cahill will show up. He will only be 26 next season and is still possibly improving, let's hope that he can gain some consistency because the talent is surely there. Also, Corbin's first half was a fluke as expected, I think he is due for a poor 2014, we need to move him back in the rotation and try to move McCrusty/Delgado and it pains me to say but even Skaggs could be moved. He certainly does not look like the ace he was projected to be, keep in mind he is young but how long can we wait for him to improve? KT has a lot of decisions to make this offseason.
99 problems and they are all pitching related. Our lineup is set, we just need to fix the awful bullpen and call up Stites and Barrett ASAP and try to get some proven arms in this offseason, and to improve a rotation with potential. Also, David Hernandez had a great September and I think it's safe to say he's back. We need to get rid of the failed Thatcher project, try to find buyers for Putz and Belly. Sipp needs to be deported, and Ziegler should be given a trophy for his works this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going with option 3. Skaggs will probably be gone.

I keep telling everyone that will listen, that it's going to be Skaggs & a SP for Trumbo. It just makes too much sense for it not to happen.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think moving Pollock could be a bad idea, I would rather see Eaton gone. We saw how good Pollock can be and you have to think he's going to get better. Overall he's better than Eaton and could be an above average CF.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep telling everyone that will listen, that it's going to be Skaggs & a SP for Trumbo. It just makes too much sense for it not to happen.
If we do trade for Trumbo (and I hope not, who cares if he hits 30 HRs if he only hits .234) where would he play?

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do trade for Trumbo (and I hope not, who cares if he hits 30 HRs if he only hits .234) where would he play?

He would play LF. It's okay to have 1 player that hits .234-268 if he hits 30+ HR(s). Those are classic power hitter numbers. That is exactly what this team needs. He is under team control for cheap through 2016.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am on board with what Davis Mike said to start this thread.
Rotation next year:
1. Corbin
2. Bradley
3. Miley
4. Mccarthy/Cahill
5. Delgado
*Trading for an SP (which I would like) would change this
I would like to see them go out do these three things.
1. Get a good SP (getting rid of mccarthy or cahill in the process)
2. Bullpen (self explanatory)
3. Solid bat

I dont trust KT at all though, the problem with this teams inconsistency has a lot to do with the inconsistency in lineups in my opinion. If we are sucking midway, Gibson should be on the hot seat. But with a bunch of players of the same talent (except for goldy) and too many players in certin positions I can actually see where this diversity in lineups stems from.

81-81 two years in a row
Dodgers are better, giants will be back again next year
time to go out and make some smart moves and show some balls in doing so.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dbacks are not trying to follow the nyy or laa model...they really don't spend anywhere near those teams to be put in the same category. There's nothing wrong with spending money...those two teams just do it stupidly. It appears to be working for the Dodgers.

They cannot rely on their farm...ESP for hitting. Need tomsign a few guys w power.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dbacks are not trying to follow the nyy or laa model...they really don't spend anywhere near those teams to be put in the same category. There's nothing wrong with spending money...those two teams just do it stupidly. It appears to be working for the Dodgers.

They cannot rely on their farm...ESP for hitting. Need tomsign a few guys w power.

You dont spend anything because AZ fans dont go to games & Dodgers farm system is much better now because Frank McCourts is gone now & our new management really wants to develop our farm system we have players like Zach Lee & Joc Peterson who will come up soon & we developed players like Kershaw, Kemp & Ethier from the getgo, but i guess i'm am wrong since an AZ fan has more details about the dodgers farm system then a Dodger fan...good stuff

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont spend anything because AZ fans dont go to games & Dodgers farm system is much better now because Frank McCourts is gone now & our new management really wants to develop our farm system we have players like Zach Lee & Joc Peterson who will come up soon & we developed players like Kershaw, Kemp & Ethier from the getgo, but i guess i'm am wrong since an AZ fan has more details about the dodgers farm system then a Dodger fan...good stuff

The Dbacks have spent money in the past couple of offseasons. They haven't spent it wisely, but they have tried. They also don't have billionaire owners.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dbacks have spent money in the past couple of offseasons. They haven't spent it wisely, but they have tried. They also don't have billionaire owners.

You dont need to be Billion Dollar owners but filling up the seats does help to get some good playes..you do have to spend something to get player obviously..thats why star player get paid more..the only players the dodgers overpaid was Bekette & CC but thats because we had to take on that in order to get Agon wich was well worth it!

You wont see the Dodgers spend money every year like crazy that wont happend..this is just to get things started for now & the future since Frank McCourt left the team all fucked up before the new ownership came in...things where bad here in Dodger land because of that idiot!

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont need to be Billion Dollar owners but filling up the seats does help to get some good playes..you do have to spend something to get player obviously..thats why star player get paid more..the only players the dodgers overpaid was Bekette & CC but thats because we had to take on that in order to get Agon wich was well worth it!

You wont see the Dodgers spend money every year like crazy that wont happend..this is just to get things started for now & the future since Frank McCourt left the team all fucked up before the new ownership came in...things where bad here in Dodger land because of that idiot!

I find that very hard to believe.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that very hard to believe.

The only thing the will do next year that will be big deals is just give Kershaw his contract & Hanley his extension becuase it s a must...they already said they are not going after Cano..nobody is going to give him a 10 year deal Dodgers aint stupid neither

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3od9w0.jpg

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After signing Kershaw to a new contract, the Dodgers will already be setting @ around $190 mil. That is before any arbitration cases & players being resigned. The Dodgers will be at least in the same ballpark in payroll for 2014 as they were in 2013.

In 2015 the Dodger payroll might be below $200 mil, but doubtful. The only way the Dodgers payroll will drop below $200 mil in the next few years is if they find a sucker for either Ethier/Kemp/Crawford. Those 3 plus AGon, Greinke, & Kershaw will count for about $140 mil a season through 2017.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could David Price have pitched his last game in a Tampa Bay Rays uniform? If the Rays are unable to come back from a 2-0 deficit in their playoff series with the Boston Red Sox, that answer may be yes.

Over the weekend, Joel Sherman of the New York Post wrote about the potential for David Price to be traded this offseason, raising several good points, including the fact that arbitration may bring the pitcher's salary to a hefty $15 million, and that the Rays have recently made a habit out of trading pitchers at this stage of their careers. Case in point, both Matt Garza and James Shields were sent packing when both were two years away from free agency, as Price will be once Tampa Bay's 2013 season is over.

As for where Price might end up if the Rays do decide to shop their pitcher? It's going to have to be a prospect-heavy package in return, similar to (if not greater than) the one that brought Wil Myers to the team from the Royals last season. The Texas Rangers would likely have to include Jurickson Profar in any deal, while the Arizona Diamondbacks could build an offer around Archie Bradley.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Insider" article.

I'd love Price, but giving up Bradley would suck. If there was anyway to land Price without trading Bradley then I'd do it.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cost is TOO DAMN HIGH!

[YOUTUBE]x4o-TeMHys0[/YOUTUBE]

I doubt Tampa will accept any deal without Bradley. And if you manage to trade for him, he has 2 years before he is a FA. It will likely cost you 7 years @ $175 mil to extend him. Do you see Kendrick/KT spend 25% of the yearly payroll on one player? And if you can't afford to extend him, you are selling the farm for 2 years of Ace service. I just don't see this happening.

To quote David Price: he is
"not taking a discount"

I am a big Price fan, but getting him is a big gamble that could have devastating consequences on the franchise in the long term if you can't sign to an extension.