• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that they'll give Goldy a Gold Glove this season.

Gold Gloves are stupid anyways. Ethier and Kemp both won one year (and Silver Sluggers!) and they suck in the OF.

That said, I think Rizzo played a better defense than Goldy in 2013 (not that Goldy was bad, though). Goldschmidt kinda picked a bad year to have an outbreak season since a handful of other 1B guys had great years too. East coast bias means that everyone will give love to Chris Davis but Goldschmidt gets ignored. I can say that I'm a believer, though. Amazing player.

It's a coinflip between Votto and Goldy on who had the better bat, if you ask me (at least in the NL).

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you prefer scouts' opinions, BA says that Goldy was third best, behind Adam LaRoche and Joey Votto.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that they'll give Goldy a Gold Glove this season.

He deserves it. Votto made a ton of errors this year and Goldy had the best fielding percentage and made some incredible plays and digs that not your everyday 1st baseman can make. I'm thinking it'll be between him, Rizzo or Belt most likely. His monster offensive year will help with how idiotically they vote for that award. (see Jeter)

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you prefer scouts' opinions, BA says that Goldy was third best, behind Adam LaRoche and Joey Votto.

There are so many sites out there with their own formulas and calculations for defense... it just gets annoying. I know some defensive stats are great but for the most part I like to keep it simple. Fielding percentage and errors are two key factors I look at.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHO THE FUCK IS THIS TROLL?

Settle down there big fella.

And all rivalry aside, how do you know that basketball players are better guys than baseball players? Do you actually know any of either? And how are you going to go straight after Dodger players, do you know any of them personally?

In all of your lashing out, did you know that Kershaw won the Branch Rickey Award this year (given to the player demonstrating the best community service)? He was the youngest to ever receive the award, based on his work with the orphanage he set up in Africa.

And Kemp gave his jersey, hat, and cleats to a terminally kid in SF, on a whim, and flew him and his family down to LA a few times to watch games and hang out on the field with the players. The kid has since died, and Kemp was visibly shaken up about it. We can go back and forth on which players are better or worse, but they're all just people. Try not generalizing people you really don't know anything about.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Advanced metrics are the way to go imo, fielding percentage and errors are often misleading and don't factor in range, assists, putouts and other important factors in determining defense. That being said, Rizzo had the best defensive season of 1B followed by Goldy, Belt, and Gonzalez.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Settle down there big fella.

And all rivalry aside, how do you know that basketball players are better guys than baseball players? Do you actually know any of either? And how are you going to go straight after Dodger players, do you know any of them personally?

In all of your lashing out, did you know that Kershaw won the Branch Rickey Award this year (given to the player demonstrating the best community service)? He was the youngest to ever receive the award, based on his work with the orphanage he set up in Africa.

And Kemp gave his jersey, hat, and cleats to a terminally kid in SF, on a whim, and flew him and his family down to LA a few times to watch games and hang out on the field with the players. The kid has since died, and Kemp was visibly shaken up about it. We can go back and forth on which players are better or worse, but they're all just people. Try not generalizing people you really don't know anything about.

Yea yea and so did Metta World Peace look ESPN is dominated by LA d riding and the big market teams. They just listed Kobe as the 4th best player this year? Hes injured and hes old. I like what Kemp did but holy shit if it was anybody else they wouldn't of had a full interview about it. Kemp is a nice guy but your LA and if someone on the dbacks did as much or even a little more community service the person on the Dodgers would win it. By the attidues of the players the Dodgers have it seems like there a bunch of spoiled ass holes. No offense but Puig is a brat who needs to grow up. If Puig threw a bat and knocked over a water cooler they would have a 30 minute show on it with expert analysis on it :laugh3:. ESPN backed you guys up when you danced in our pool. "if you dont want them dancing in your pool dont blow a lead" Well if the MLB had a salary cap the dbacks would of ran away this division seriously how easy would it be to be a gm for the Dodgers? Just throw a contract in someones face. If your smogged ass stadium had a pool and we danced it espn would be all like "that's not okay you should be doing that its disrespectful I think just because of that the Dodgers will win the division next year"

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright the 2 paragraphs above are complete crap. But CTP can we agree that Puig isn't a very good guy at all?

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii, you sound more uneducated as the days go by. Payroll doesn't mean shit in the MLB since scouting has been revolutionized. The A's had a lower payroll and have won back to back division titles.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii, you sound more uneducated as the days go by. Payroll doesn't mean shit in the MLB since scouting has been revolutionized. The A's had a lower payroll and have won back to back division titles.

If there was a salary cap more players would go into free agency where teams like Houston could pick up some decent players. Scouting really matters in a 200 round draft, even if you suck you can just take some roids the MLB DONT CARE! :suds:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YOUR UNEDUCATER!!!!!!!!! :laugh3:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BACK TO BACK DIVISIONS WOWER? THE YANKEES JUST SCOUT ALL THERE PLAYERS THEN THATS WHY THEY HAVE WON SO MANY WORLD SERIES RIGHT? THEY DONT BUY EM OH WAIT THEY DO!