• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grice has such good vision though he doesn't remind anyone of LT a little bit? Call me a homer.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjwYycQEMY4]Marion Grice Highlights ASU 2012.Most Versatile Back In NCAAFootball 2013 - YouTube[/ame] Not a little bit?

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious why there is no D'Backs talk in this forum? Why isn't the football talk carried to the football boards?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really shocked me. First off, Choo will cost quite a bit... didn't think we'd be handing out that kind of money. Second, I don't think he's a good fit for this team. We've already got Eaton who has proven he could flourish in the leadoff spot. I just don't see it. We need someone in the middle of our lineup. I just don't see it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious why there is no D'Backs talk in this forum? Why isn't the football talk carried to the football boards?

Dude we were talking about the D-backs forever last night. Sometimes conversations overlap. Im not about to tell people "Go switch to the football forum real quick and ill meet you over there." whenever someone mentions football in here.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, you guys posted the shit out of this thread, for real!!!

I'm fine guys, I never sent a PM to Sting, it's just that I'm in San Antonio, and I have to wake up early. I have to go to be by like 11:30 here, which is 9:30 your time.

Sting, I really think the reason why Gibby struggled with pulling pitchers is because he didn't trust his bullpen, and yet he didn't trust his starters either. So he had to pick his poison. It always seemed like it was the wrong decision, because most of the time, I don't think there was a right decision to make concerning who to leave in and who to pull. And I think he messed with his line-up so much because he kept trying to see what worked to get the most out of them to compensate for the lack of pitching. He should have settled with the best line-up he thought he had, but then again, it's not like he really had a strong line-up with pre-established rolls. So he was constantly trying to try new things. He shouldn't have, because like you said, it fucks with the players. But I just think he was handcuffed.

And I love baseball. I played baseball and loved every minute of it. I coached high school too. Had a blast. I like basketball. I wasn't good enough to play in high school (and it interfered with winter baseball), but I enjoy it, especially college. But the NBA just sucks. And the 1960's-1990's? Are you kidding me? I liked watching Jordan, but again, it sucked knowing that they were just always going to win, and that was it. I don't have any problem with the actual sport, I just get tired of watching the same handful of teams in the finals every year. It gets so old, especially when it's to the extent that it is in the NBA.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo is useless against lefties and he is god awful defensively. Towers should avoid him at all costs if he has a brain.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and not to get off topic, but my mom just went on her first hunt ever. She got drawn for elk. She's never even shot an an animal before. First shot, she shot an elk at 780 yards!! She's 5 foot nothing and she's 66 years old!!! She just set family record for longest shot, and it was the first time she's ever seen an animal in her scope. So much for buck fever. Holy shit, I'm blown away!! Good job mama, grass-fed, chemical free elk meat for a year!!! She's an assassin!!!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm fine guys, I never sent a PM to Sting, it's just that I'm in San Antonio, and I have to wake up early. I have to go to be by like 11:30 here, which is 9:30 your time.

Sting, I really think the reason why Gibby struggled with pulling pitchers is because he didn't trust his bullpen, and yet he didn't trust his starters either. So he had to pick his poison. It always seemed like it was the wrong decision, because most of the time, I don't think there was a right decision to make concerning who to leave in and who to pull. And I think he messed with his line-up so much because he kept trying to see what worked to get the most out of them to compensate for the lack of pitching. He should have settled with the best line-up he thought he had, but then again, it's not like he really had a strong line-up with pre-established rolls. So he was constantly trying to try new things. He shouldn't have, because like you said, it fucks with the players. But I just think he was handcuffed.

And I love baseball. I played baseball and loved every minute of it. I coached high school too. Had a blast. I like basketball. I wasn't good enough to play in high school (and it interfered with winter baseball), but I enjoy it, especially college. But the NBA just sucks. And the 1960's-1990's? Are you kidding me? I liked watching Jordan, but again, it sucked knowing that they were just always going to win, and that was it. I don't have any problem with the actual sport, I just get tired of watching the same handful of teams in the finals every year. It gets so old, especially when it's to the extent that it is in the NBA.

Oh not you, I was actually talking about Desert Glory... people were curious as to where he went.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, my bad. Orange was asking if I was coming back because he wanted to tell me how much the Dodgers suck (duly noted), and then in the next post, Sting said "he is" and then wrote about the PM. Thought he meant me. I was thinking, "damn Sting, you're really running with this!" Hope DG makes it back, miss him telling me that I'm a closet DBacks fan!!!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and not to get off topic, but my mom just went on her first hunt ever. She got drawn for elk. She's never even shot an an animal before. First shot, she shot an elk at 780 yards!! She's 5 foot nothing and she's 66 years old!!! She just set family record for longest shot, and it was the first time she's ever seen an animal in her scope. So much for buck fever. Holy shit, I'm blown away!! Good job mama, grass-fed, chemical free elk meat for a year!!! She's an assassin!!!

That is pretty badass! I must admit I am kind of jelly! I absolutely love elk meat!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just like the people in the nba more than the MLB. I really dislike almost all MLB players its stupid the un athletic players are the best but the players who are super athletic usually aren't as good. Everyone is on roids, and I hate the no salary cap system. Its that way in the MLB to be honest with the big market teams. The Knicks have only one 2 Nba titles compared to what the Yankees have won which is 27 world series? Because the Yankees can just spend so much money that its unfair to the small market teams. I like strategy when signing contracts and drafting, but when the Yankees can just out bid everyone or the Dodgers it becomes stupid. The ass holes in the MLB is what makes me hate it sorry, but if you think your Dodgers are a group of good guys your blind, but I will admit they have more fight in em clearly from the brawl. But we lost all our fighters Chris Young and Upton would of thrown down I guarantee it :laugh3:! I will admit I like college basketball more way more scheming and preparation for a game. The games are more intense and coaches continue to counter with a new strategy or substitution. I like the NBA more than the MLB just because the salary cap system, trades, and drafting are way more critical in the NBA small market teams can even be good the suns have the 4th highest winning percentage in NBA history but we all know that's where the rigging comes in that's why the suns have no rings.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until we get another power bat in the OF It will be hard for us to contend. I want our OF to be Eaton in CF, Parra in RF, and someone with power in left. idk why I keep thinking of Matt Holliday because I know nothing about his contract status in STL. Plus hes in the WS so he probably wants to stay there. Not sure about Choo. Giancarlo Stanton will cost us an arm and a leg. All im saying is we are DESPERATE for someone to hit behind Goldy.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that leaves Pollock as the odd man out so be it. I would rather have Eaton and Parra in the long run.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Award predictions:
Goldy: Gold Glove, Silver Slugger, 2nd MVP (Behind McCuthchen)
Parra: Gold Glove

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera
AL CY Young: Max Scherzer
AL ROY: Wil Myers
NL MVP: Andrew McCutchen
NL Cy Young: Clayton Krapshaw
NL ROY: Probably Puig because the media humps his leg. (Im rooting for Hernandez from the Marlins)