• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is, but we are not the Oaklabd A's who are content woth losing in the DS every year. The organization and the fans want a World Series, although simply making the playoffs next year would be an improvement over two straight. 500 seasons.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty Baker and Kirk Gibson are actually pretty similar types of managers now that I think about it. At least in terms of making decisions on the field.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GTFO with this shit. The NBA is garbage. Seriously, only 8 teams have won the Finals in the last 34 years!! And that counts the Mavs and 76ers who each won it only once. Twice as many teams make the playoffs every year as the entire total of how many teams have won it all in almost 3 1/2 decades. That's a joke. And with players all banning together to make super teams, it's only going to continue. Think about it. If you take away the Mavs and the 76ers, 6 teams have won it in 32 years. That's an average of almost 5 1/2 championships per team for over 3 decades!!!!

The NBA is a complete joke, and it's only getting worse.

DONT ACT LIKE YOU DIDNT LIKE THE NBA IN THE 1960s-1990s. I love basketball way more than baseball. The only way I could play baseball without getting bored in little league was playing catcher, and that was the most fun position I got to block balls. I WORE #19 IN HONOR OF CHRIS SNYDER :laugh3:. LISTEN COLLEGE BASEBALL>MLB! RUN ALONG NOW!

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....in 10-15 years, I hope the large fan base convinces someone to buy the team and start spending more money. But right now AZ will be a hit and miss franchise. When a big prospect fails, or a key player goes down, they don't have the cash to go out and get a top of the line free agent or even trade for a high salary player, to take that player's place. But, if Towers can make a few moves that work out and the farm system adds an above average player every year....they can compete. Right now, they don't have the pitching to compete at a top level. Maybe they sign an aging arm who has one more good year??? And somebody better find a couple of decent relief pitchers.....Hernandez, Bell, Putz, and a couple of others are just taking up space.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Look at the Cardinals and Suns fans... they both put butts in the seats (even the though the Suns have been mediocre for 3 years straight now) Phoenix will always remain loyal to the Suns since they've been around the longest and have had one of the most consistent franchises in NBA history. Give it time... it takes generations to develop a strong fan base. Most fans are in the 15-25 age range right now (at least the ones that have liked them their whole life) In 10-15 years from now I guarantee you the fan base will be very strong.

NO ONE HAS THE SAME TRUST WITH THE SUNS OR DBACKS SINCE COLLENGELO LEFT. MY RELATIVE TOLD ME THAT THE STADIUM HAD A DIFFERENT VIBE AMERICAN WEST ARENA OR MAD HOUSE AT MCDOWELL WHEN YOU WERE WATCHING A GAME PRE SARVER ERA YOU WOULD FEEL AT HOME. HE TOLD ME ITS LIKE COLLENGELO WAS PART OF YOUR FAMILY EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE NEVER MET HIM. THE SUNS NEW GM IS OUR ONLY HOPE TO BRING THE CITY BACK TO EXCITING NBA BASKETBALL!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay doesn't have a large fanbase but they have put together a good 5 year stretch. In the AL East too. It's all about your manager and front office more than anything.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit Jahii you're drunk again aren't you...

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is ass, although I'm rooting for LeBron to be the GOAT. And if the Suns land Wiggins they are set. But I love baseball more than any sport. I played it in high school and it truly is our pastime. "How can you not be romantic about baseball?"

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the NBA because its smaller and I like the people in it. You can have a conversation with anyone about the NBA even if they hardly pay attention because there arent as many players in the MLB. Its a small league. I dont know I just love the sport of basketball, growing up going to suns games in the Nash days watching Marion and Stat throw down! Man I was spoiled. Baseball players to me seem like dicks exhibit A the DODGERS TEAM! :laugh3:

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly the MLBs popularity is dwindling because of how mainstream the NBA is. It's an easier sport to understand and follow than baseball. And don't get me started on that bullshit called college basketball...

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you anti-Gibson fans are aware that you can go to any team board on any baseball sight on the net and find dozens and dozens of fans screaming for their team to fire their manager. It is always the manager's fault when a team loses.....at least that is what it seems like. Every team board here has fans saying THEIR manager should be fired...ASAP. On the Tiger board here....MOST of the fans wanted Leyland fired! LA fans want Mattingly canned. Royals fans want Yost fired, etc, etc. I can't really take too seriously fans who think all a team has to do is fire the manager and all problems are solved. I don't think Gibby caused Montero to stink, Hernandez to become a bum, Hill to be hurt all the time. Gibson, like all managers, don't throw the ball or swing a bat.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly the MLBs popularity is dwindling because of how mainstream the NBA is. It's an easier sport to understand and follow than baseball. And don't get me started on that bullshit called college basketball...

:stfu:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its because there is no salary cap and the commish has no control over any players in this league. When will they tackle this steroid issue? A game you can cheat to be good at? The MLB isnt what it use to be lots of old time baseball fans have given up on the sport. Terrible umpires, The ability for teams like the Yankees to buy rings, and that the best athletes arent even the best players in the MLB. Its the fat asses who are on the steroids..............

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really irks me about Gibson is the near catatonic persona that he puts on as the team's manager. He always seems like he is drugged out on anti-psychotics during games and interviews.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of the one and done rule, although it can benedit the Suns future. It's too heavy of a task to follow every school and it's roster every year. I do love March Madness though, that is until all of the Cinderellas are bounced though.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson, like all managers, don't throw the ball or swing a bat.

True, but Gibson does decide who throws the ball or swings the bat in every game/situation. His inconsistent lineups are awful and his management of the bullpen is even worse.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of the one and done rule, although it can benedit the Suns future. It's too heavy of a task to follow every school and it's roster every year. I do love March Madness though, that is until all of the Cinderellas are bounced though.

Most of my AZ friends who play highschool ball say that basketball is more fun but they play baseball just because there better at it. There is passion for the game, but face it playing basketball>playing baseball.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of my AZ friends who play highschool ball say that basketball is more fun but they play baseball just because there better at it. There is passion for the game, but face it playing basketball>playing baseball.

Pure opinion. I love playing both sports, but I've always had more fun playing baseball.