• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Diamondbacks Ongoing Thread

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mood in Detroit is that AZ won't part with Gibson. My hope is that they do. It appears that having ''former manager of D'Backs'' on your resume will be a good thing, given Melvin and Showalter's success. Hey...maybe dump Gibby and re-hire AJ Hinch?

Honestly, I don't think the Diamondbacks will ever establish a continually strong franchise. Not saying they can't have respectable teams and even a breakout year every now and then....but ownership is not going to fork over big bucks, nor will the fan base every be big enough to warrant the spending. Their best hope is too keep developing young arms (and the occasional Goldschmidt) and hope they gel for a season or two.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA is better than the MLB, people are starting to realize especially of late that no salary cap almost ruins the sport, and who isn't on steroids in the MLB? its not a mind game if small market teams like the Dbacks can only afford 1 super star while the Dodgers can just pour money and pay the steroid users like Puig. And there is no restricted free agency....... :wtf: I like baseball as a sport but the MLB is even more rigged.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly....as both a Tiger and D'Back fan, I question whether Gibson is a good fit for the roster the Tigers have. Leyland is/was a players' manager....I have my doubts the Gibby can be called that now, or that he can work into being a manager who can relate to both young players and players whoo make $20 million+ a year. Not saying he CAN NOT handle the situation in Detroit....just saying that, from what I have seen, I have my doubts.

But....if D'Backs fans can get ownership to dump him....I am sure Gibby will not be unemployed for more than a day or two.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KT needs to go, enough of this "grit" shit. We have become a mockery because of his idiotic comments on Poolgate, the brawl, and the ideology of "grit".

Last edited by a moderator:

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have owners that want to win, we are a young team and a growing franchise. They continually raise the payroll but it goes towards shit things. We have a very strong farm and that is the best way for a small market team to win. Payroll isn't an excuse for failure anymore with the advancements in player evaluation.

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to go, enough of this "grit" shit. We have become a mockery because of his idiotic comments on Poolgate, the brawl, and the ideology of "grit".

Two things:
1. Think: Marketing
2. There are teams hoping that AZ does just what you want. :)

Ronnie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have owners that want to win, we are a young team and a growing franchise.

A. Most owners WANT to win. Some just can't or won't spend the cash needed.
B. Growing franchise? I have heard that phrase for over a decade. AND.... I still see 40%, or more, of the 'home' crowd rooting for the visiting team.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things:
1. Think: Marketing
2. There are teams hoping that AZ does just what you want. :)
I'm talking about Towers, I'm on the fence with Gibson. The problem with letting him go is that there isn't that many options for replacement on the market.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare us with Tampa Bay. We came in the league the same year and have better attendance. We are a transplant state so that is why there are so many fans of different teams, add in the fact spring trainimg is here and there will obviously be a mix in fans. Give it time, we will have a strong fanbase like the Suns in a generation or so.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA is better than the MLB, people are starting to realize especially of late that no salary cap almost ruins the sport, and who isn't on steroids in the MLB? its not a mind game if small market teams like the Dbacks can only afford 1 super star while the Dodgers can just pour money and pay the steroid users like Puig. And there is no restricted free agency....... :wtf: I like baseball as a sport but the MLB is even more rigged.

GTFO with this shit. The NBA is garbage. Seriously, only 8 teams have won the Finals in the last 34 years!! And that counts the Mavs and 76ers who each won it only once. Twice as many teams make the playoffs every year as the entire total of how many teams have won it all in almost 3 1/2 decades. That's a joke. And with players all banning together to make super teams, it's only going to continue. Think about it. If you take away the Mavs and the 76ers, 6 teams have won it in 32 years. That's an average of almost 5 1/2 championships per team for over 3 decades!!!!

The NBA is a complete joke, and it's only getting worse.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People always knock AZ fans for poor support but don't seem to know that all of our teams are young, with the exception of the Suns. Large fanbases don't grow overnight, the Suns have had good attendance despite the fact that Sarver is a jackass and that the team is in rebuilding mode. During the Run-n-gun era we sold out the Purple Palace every night. They are headed in the right direction and have a loyal fanbase, give the other franchises time to grow too.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely would not want AJ Hinch. Im thinking Dusty Baker would be a good pickup.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare us with Tampa Bay. We came in the league the same year and have better attendance. We are a transplant state so that is why there are so many fans of different teams, add in the fact spring trainimg is here and there will obviously be a mix in fans. Give it time, we will have a strong fanbase like the Suns in a generation or so.

Exactly. Look at the Cardinals and Suns fans... they both put butts in the seats (even the though the Suns have been mediocre for 3 years straight now) Phoenix will always remain loyal to the Suns since they've been around the longest and have had one of the most consistent franchises in NBA history. Give it time... it takes generations to develop a strong fan base. Most fans are in the 15-25 age range right now (at least the ones that have liked them their whole life) In 10-15 years from now I guarantee you the fan base will be very strong.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact the more I think about it the more I like Baker.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker ruins pitchers careers and is worse with lineups than Gibson. If he didn't win anything with a loaded Reds team, what do you think will happen with our team?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CTP, my problem with Gibby is that he doesn't use or listen to his bench coaches enough... and he has no idea how to properly manage a bullpen. He made so many poor decisions late in games that ended up costing us games that we should've won. He's also terrible with knowing when to take a starter out of the game or when to leave him in. I know not all managers are perfect but the main thing that bothered me about him was the inconsistent lineups he threw out there. It started to bug the players too because they had no idea what to expect and they could never settle into a groove. He did a great job in 2011 and his players went all out for him but as each game passes by it seems like he's losing the clubhouse more and more.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker ruins pitchers careers and is worse with lineups than Gibson. If he didn't win anything with a loaded Reds team, what do you think will happen with our team?

He took the Reds from mediocre to back to back playoff appearances. He did the same thing in SF and nearly won a WS there.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dusty Baker makes just as many boneheaded decisions as Gibby does but he could bring a spark to our team since his players love playing for him. I feel like Gibby is starting to lose the clubhouse.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He took the Reds from mediocre to back to back playoff appearances. He did the same thing in SF and nearly won a WS there.
Close, but no cigar. What good is almost winning a world series and not actually winning one?