• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona @ Denver

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas looks like a lost cause at quarterback. His fear is evident when he throws the ball.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, talk shit about a defense that is missing its best players and has been on the field for most of the game. Fucking biased announcers.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a one possession game before Stanton and Campbell went out. Announcers acting like Denver dominated the entire game

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early reports are that Campbell has at minimum a sprained ankle with possibly torn tissue. Not good.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Campbell is done for a month if not more

Broncos lineman better be suspended for season

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't get fined then I wouldn't be surprised. The NFL is a joke. Fucking dirty play.

They must've been butthurt that Campbell picked off Peyton or something.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in another thread, it was an unintentional chop block and unfortunately they happen it wasn't . This kid was a Colorado native who grew up idolizing Denver, they didn't plan on take him out with any intent it was just an unlucky circumstance.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said in another thread, it was an unintentional chop block and unfortunately they happen it wasn't . This kid was a Colorado native who grew up idolizing Denver, they didn't plan on take him out with any intent it was just an unlucky circumstance.

Idk man, that looked pretty intentional to me...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver cheats on offensive PI constantly, why not cheat on illegal chop blocks too?

When your QB is ancient and has no arm strength, you have to cheat to keep his level of play up.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about all the injuries Arizona fans. We Denver fans have seen that all too much in the last few years, and it sucks.

As for that play that is being called dirty, I don't think it was meant to be. As I understand the rules, an O player can block a D player below the waist if that player is not already engaged with another blocker, and if he does not come at him from behind or directly from the side. The defender was not engaged at the time of the block, and it looked to me that Thomas came at the defender from an angle, but more from the front than from the side. I'm not sure how the rule reads exactly, and I was only able to see the replay that they showed once, so I would have to see it again to be sure. But FWIW, it sucks that the guy was injured. I hope your team gets healthy soon.

The Cardinals are definitely a team to be reckoned with, and if your WRs hadn't dropped so many passes, they could have definitely came away with the win. Good luck the rest of the way.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]518919085263192064[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Just saw replay again... definitely on purpose. Dirty, dirty play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://vine.co/v/OK5X2DnE9Lt

Just saw replay again... definitely on purpose. Dirty, dirty play.

Also not a chop block. Just saw it again and it was defiantly a legal hit, it was a cut block because Clady wasn't engaged and those are legal. It wouldn't even be in question if Campbell didn't get hurt.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not a chop block. Just saw it again and it was defiantly a legal hit, it was a cut block because Clady wasn't engaged and those are legal. It wouldn't even be in question if Campbell didn't get hurt.

So you can target the opposing player's knee? Please.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can target the opposing player's knee? Please.
I think some people...like you...try hard to see it as worse than it is..its very obvious that contact actually was made in the thigh area not on his knee...but i'm sure you and "bruce" will see it differently...because excuses are always important.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL believes hit on Campbell was an illegal chop block

Posted by Mike Florio on October 6, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT

On Sunday, the officials flagged Broncos tight end Julius Thomas for an illegal chop block on Cardinals defensive lineman Calais Campbell. But even though Campbell wasn’t engaged high by left tackle Ryan Clady when Thomas struck Campbell in the knee, the NFL believes that a chop block indeed occurred.

Per a league source, the NFL regards the hit as a violation based on the two factors previously identified here: (1) a “reverse chop,” where the low hit happens first and the high hit comes “simultaneously or immediately after the block.” Likewise, the league interprets the situation as a “lure”-style chop block, with Clady confronting Campbell in a pass-blocking posture as Thomas takes out Campbell’s knees.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas should be suspended for as long as Campbell is out.

I can agree that it was an illegal hit but to suspend a player for a play that honestly happens all the time in games but most of the time doesn't end in injury so nobody even notices is just ridiculous. Heck the Broncos lost a player in the Seattle game to a similar block. If Clady doesn't stick his hands out looking like he was getting ready to block Campbell it isn't even an illegal block just an unfortunate injury so then to say Thomas should be suspended for such a hit is going a bit overboard. Throw in he hit him in the upper thigh with his shoulder. Thomas keeps his head up on the block like most people do he hits him in the hip and again we are looking at a legal block. So this block being illegal compared to legal is only a matter of a few inches. Now yes if he dove straight at his lower leg (calf area) and injured him then I would suspect that he was trying to hurt him but there was no ill-will with this hit. Heck Thomas even tried to go to the Cardinals lockerroom to apologize to Campbell after the game.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree that it was an illegal hit but to suspend a player for a play that honestly happens all the time in games but most of the time doesn't end in injury so nobody even notices is just ridiculous. Heck the Broncos lost a player in the Seattle game to a similar block. If Clady doesn't stick his hands out looking like he was getting ready to block Campbell it isn't even an illegal block just an unfortunate injury so then to say Thomas should be suspended for such a hit is going a bit overboard. Throw in he hit him in the upper thigh with his shoulder. Thomas keeps his head up on the block like most people do he hits him in the hip and again we are looking at a legal block. So this block being illegal compared to legal is only a matter of a few inches. Now yes if he dove straight at his lower leg (calf area) and injured him then I would suspect that he was trying to hurt him but there was no ill-will with this hit. Heck Thomas even tried to go to the Cardinals lockerroom to apologize to Campbell after the game.

Plays like that shouldn't happen. There was no need for Thomas to do it. Chop blocks in the trenches are dirty & should be eliminated from the game. Blocks like that are not legal in anyway.

Players who willfully commit illegal acts that result in injuring a player, should be suspended for the length of the injured players absence. You can't argue that Thomas didn't intentionally try to chop Campbell. Because of his intentions, a player will now miss time.