• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arian Foster

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was always pretty injury prone. A lot of guys with an up right running style have that issue.

What was wrong with his diet in college since you seem to have such a handle on his reasons for injury? Or maybe you just blow hot air. I guess we'll find out from your response if you're some kind of a medical idiot-savant or just an idiot.

Foster was a great back but they don't typically have long shelf lives.
Well considering u have no idea what your talking about. I never said a word about his college diet? If your gonna act like an asshat at least read correctly. And yes I do have medical knowledge. But I'll let u figure out at what point he changed his diet. Then we can talk. Get your story straight first thoug.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty well known he went vegan, then partially vegan.... But you knew that right? You knew that happened when he was in the nfl. You knew it syncs with injury history. You know that vegan diets can cause nutritional deficiencies. But we're talking about college, and upright running.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple players, agents and teams have complained about the playing surface at NRG Stadium and the numerous injuries that they believe have been caused by playing on it.

So, if you take a guy who already had injuries in college, then start subjecting him to an (alleged) unsafe playing surface, there is probably a good chance those injuries will resurface.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering u have no idea what your talking about. I never said a word about his college diet? If your gonna act like an asshat at least read correctly. And yes I do have medical knowledge. But I'll let u figure out at what point he changed his diet. Then we can talk. Get your story straight first thoug.

He was hurt in college also. That's where college gets brought into it. Get it?

I call my medical knowledge medical knowledge too.:thumb:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys could be correct about the diet but looking at his carries....he has had a pretty heavy workload. It's well known that RB's have a short shelf life...if I remember correct the average career is 4-5 seasons.

In his first 4 seasons he had:

2010: 327 carries
2013: 351 carries

Since, he hasn't had more than 260 in a season. And he's logged 1,454 rush attempts. Maybe, he's had his moment in the spotlight?

Last edited:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty well known he went vegan, then partially vegan.... But you knew that right? You knew that happened when he was in the nfl. You knew it syncs with injury history. You know that vegan diets can cause nutritional deficiencies. But we're talking about college, and upright running.

You don't know what I know and your assumptions are hilarious from my perspective.

Even more hilarious is your lack of research and supporting evidence about Foster's diet and injuries. You made an unverified claim, or likely read it somewhere assumed it to be fact, and carried on. Now you are repeating something that is not based in the facts.

Go ahead give us a detailed timeline. Support it with evidence - articles, quotes from foster, his team nutritionists, stats, etc. His trends aren't so different than a lot of other backs with a lot of touches. But you'll have to do a lot of research and learn a lot before you have a clue what you're talking about.

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, he missed a few games every year but one really, his JR year.

thats why i was surprised he lasted as long as he did.

teams stayed away from a fragile guy who wasnt "solid enough" to be the #1 back but for one year. hardesty stole a lot of his carries.

There you go Antonio came on to the scene during Foster's Sr yr...I think Foster got hurt and did come back, but was well under a 1k...he got his shot still and made the best of it...deemed fragile, but survived long enough to cash most of those big checks from his 2nd contract.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hurt in college also. That's where college gets brought into it. Get it?

I call my medical knowledge medical knowledge too.:thumb:
Once again, never said anything about college. Your putting things In..

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what I know and your assumptions are hilarious from my perspective.

Even more hilarious is your lack of research and supporting evidence about Foster's diet and injuries. You made an unverified claim, or likely read it somewhere assumed it to be fact, and carried on. Now you are repeating something that is not based in the facts.
Your right..... There's zero clinical research to support vegan diets and injuries.....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, never said anything about college. Your putting things In..

What part of he was hurt in college do you not understand? That was with presumably (good assumptions, not your kind) all that meaty goodness in his legs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go ahead give us a detailed timeline. Support it with evidence - articles, quotes from foster, his team nutritionists, stats, etc. His trends aren't so different than a lot of other backs with a lot of touches. But you'll have to do a lot of research and learn a lot before you have a clue what you're talking about.
Way to edit that post bud. Changed your whole reply..... We're done here. I'm at work

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right..... There's zero clinical research to support vegan diets and injuries.....

He had the most touches of his career the year he started off vegan for a short period of time. And I have no affinity for vegan eating. No one should only eat rabbit food. But your misinformation is just a lot of baloney.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, he's had his moment in the spotlight?

Yep...if you researched NFL productivity after 350+ carry seasons the yr before I would think only a few players have done as well the following season...he had two heavy load yrs b-t-b...then tapered off, but Achilles, RB with that many miles on him...he's done as a starting caliber player.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...if you researched NFL productivity after 350+ carry seasons the yr before I would think only a few players have done as well the following season...he had two heavy load yrs b-t-b...then tapered off, but Achilles, RB with that many miles on him...he's done as a starting caliber player.

Been watching the NFL since the late 1970's/early 1980's and it's amazing just how short their careers are. The elite ones that can do it for a long period really are the exception. I'm wondering if an artificial surface has anything to do with it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but anybody that just blatantly dislikes and uses the negative ratings on a FREQUENT basis really is douchebaggery at it's finest.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching the NFL since the late 1970's/early 1980's and it's amazing just how short their careers are. The elite ones that can do it for a long period really are the exception. I'm wondering if an artificial surface has anything to do with it.

Early 70s for me when I could say I knew all the positions, players, etc....no surface is as forgiving as natural grass, but the new field turf today is light years better than the astroturf type field that Emmitt played most of his career on in DAL, but if you ask him one on one I bet he'd say he liked playing on grass better.

Shorter careers...I think NFL RB careers have always been relatively short since the early days when you look at the overview...Sayers cut short early, Mercury Morris blew out his knee, lot of guys we could name. The special RBs of the era (McCoy, Foster, Peterson, Gore, more recently Bell, Murray)...really the goal is just to get to a 2nd NFL contract because that's where the retirement type money is unless you're a top 15 pick.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early 70s for me when I could say I knew all the positions, players, etc....no surface is as forgiving as natural grass, but the new field turf today is light years better than the astroturf type field that Emmitt played most of his career on in DAL, but if you ask him one on one I bet he'd say he liked playing on grass better.

Shorter careers...I think NFL RB careers have always been relatively short since the early days when you look at the overview...Sayers cut short early, Mercury Morris blew out his knee, lot of guys we could name. The special RBs of the era (McCoy, Foster, Peterson, Gore, more recently Bell, Murray)...really the goal is just to get to a 2nd NFL contract because that's where the retirement type money is unless you're a top 15 pick.

Fair enough.....good points.