• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arian Foster

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but anybody that just blatantly dislikes and uses the negative ratings on a FREQUENT basis really is douchebaggery at it's finest.

I agree, they should be reserved for when someone makes ignorant statements not supported by the facts.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Matt Forte better. He's a damn solid runner.

Edit: damn solid runner of the ball, to appease Rocko!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said u flip your story, edit posts, then call others out. Back your own shit up. You went off topic . My point referred to his nfl career path. Nothing in reference to college . Similar Schlick to others, criticizing , calling names, and flip flopping, boring.....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it appears in any thread you Join that's your M.O.

Guess just another internet genius

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was always pretty injury prone. A lot of guys with an up right running style have that issue.

What was wrong with his diet in college since you seem to have such a handle on his reasons for injury? Or maybe you just blow hot air. I guess we'll find out from your response if you're some kind of a medical idiot-savant or just an idiot.

Foster was a great back but they don't typically have long shelf lives.
Marcus Allen had an upright running style and A long shelf life
16 Seasons
222 games played
12,243 Rushing yards
123 rushing TDs
5411 Receiving yards
21 receiving TDs
Super Bowl champion (XVIII)
Super Bowl MVP (XVIII)
6x Pro Bowl selection (1982, 1984, 1985-87, 1993)
Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee (2003)
NFL Comeback Player of the Year (1993)
NFL Rookie of the Year (1982)
And he was not A Vegan. You do understand the importance of proper nutrients in the diet of an athlete correct? And the effects it has on the body of an athlete in regards to health. Notably durability,injuries and recovery? Conditioning plays a huge role in contact sports and it surpasses the weight room.Perhaps if Foster implemented a proper diet his shelf life would be vastly extended. And i only provided one example of multiple NFL running backs with an up right running style that had a very prominent shelf life

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it's hard to get adequate protein, vitamin d, etc
Theres a lot of research that has been done on vegan diets in regards to athletes.. Theres been a lot of conversation and a very interesting topic. A lot of which surrounded one of the most prominent athletes in sports history Carl Lewis. Who steadily declined in performance and health following his switch to A vegan diet. There are several timelines and findings in regards to this diet and the same time line can be formed in comparison to Foster. Based on the lack of response of eagles nut. Im going to derive the conclusion that he he's very limited knowledge on this topic. Hopefully this information sheds a little light on the topic and stimulates intelligent debate

Higher protein intake has consistently shown to produce better training adaptations. I noticed this with my own vegan and vegetarian experiments. The first 3 months, you’re on fire. Then things start to break, including your brain.. The sad thing is that the most competitive, hardest working people who try vegan diets tend to stick with them the longest, for the simple reason that they remember how good the first 3 months felt. When their performance – and then health – decline, they convince themselves that it couldn’t be the vegan diet, because of how good it made them feel. So they suffer while they try to figure out all the other reasons their quality of life is gradually declining, but they do not make the connection.I call this the vegan trap – it’s a naturally occurring phenomena that takes advantage of the fact that behavior changes we stick to for 40 days (or 6 weeks) tend to become permanent, and the unfortunate fact that what is a fundamentally unhealthy diet makes you feel good for a time longer than 40 days. It’s the same psychological mechanism behind drug addiction.We don’t know with certainty exactly why Carl Lewis’ performance began to decline. Maybe it was age, loss of enthusiasm, or simply better competition. However, there is good reason to believe a vegan diet contributed to his rapid decline.
  • Higher protein intake has consistently shown to produce better training adaptations.(2)(3)(4) A vegan diet isn’t zero protein, but it almost always ends up being deficient.(5)
  • Vegans and vegetarian are likely to be anemic and “have lower mean muscle creatine concentrations than do omnivores, and this may affect supramaximal exercise performance.” Both of these things are going to impair athletic performance, and in the case of the latter, especially sprint performance.(6)
  • A vegetarian diet decreases muscle carnosine stores which are needed for optimal sprinting performance.(7)
  • 80% of long term vegans are deficient in vitamin B12, which is needed for proper mental function.(8) B12 deficiency causes dementia, cognitive impairment, depression, and degenerative mental disorders.(9) None of these are going to improve your sports performance.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@clarkson23devils @eaglesnut are those facts? We can only use facts here..
I can provide several facts normally i skim the NFL boards but the OT caught my attention.Its a very interesting debate. And has A lot of potential for discussion. There are several facts and A lot of research that has been done on the aspects of the vegan diet in regards to athletes over the histories of their careers. As it pertains to their performances in their fields and how it impacts them physically. There are arguments that can be made supporting it as being beneficial as well as detrimental towards both the careers and longevity of the careers of several athletes.From everything I've read on both sides I find it to be detrimental. And from experience with vegans throughout life I've observed downgrades in their non athletic lives in general. Fosters a very interesting case he has been pretty vocal about being a vegan because he feels its a healthier life style. Yet he's shown to be very fragile throughout being a vegan athlete. He's also come forward stating he's not fully vegan anymore. But continues to try to justify being vegan with very clouded statements. Almost as though he doesn't want to just admit he made a mistake. Several examples of stand up running backs and running backs that carried a heavy work load over several eras of NFL football that enjoyed very lengthy and productive careers can be cited. A lot of whom carried the ball more while maintaining A solid base of comparison even when you exclude fosters games missed due to injuries. Which brings up the question of how much of an impact the vegan diet had on fosters performance,injuries and longevity

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can provide several facts normally i skim the NFL boards but the OT caught my attention.Its a very interesting debate. And has A lot of potential for discussion. There are several facts and A lot of research that has been done on the aspects of the vegan diet in regards to athletes over the histories of their careers. As it pertains to their performances in their fields and how it impacts them physically. There are arguments that can be made supporting it as being beneficial as well as detrimental towards both the careers and longevity of the careers of several athletes.From everything I've read on both sides I find it to be detrimental. And from experience with vegans throughout life I've observed downgrades in their non athletic lives in general. Fosters a very interesting case he has been pretty vocal about being a vegan because he feels its a healthier life style. Yet he's shown to be very fragile throughout being a vegan athlete. He's also come forward stating he's not fully vegan anymore. But continues to try to justify being vegan with very clouded statements. Almost as though he doesn't want to just admit he made a mistake. Several examples of stand up running backs and running backs that carried a heavy work load over several eras of NFL football that enjoyed very lengthy and productive careers can be cited. A lot of whom carried the ball more while maintaining A solid base of comparison even when you exclude fosters games missed due to injuries. Which brings up the question of how much of an impact the vegan diet had on fosters performance,injuries and longevity
but he was hurt in college wasnt he? therefore, the vegan argument has to be null, because well he was injured at least once prior to these injuries

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he was hurt in college wasnt he? therefore, the vegan argument has to be null, because well he was injured at least once prior to these injuries
Fosters college injuries were sprains and bone issues common to the sport. The majority of his NFL injuries are soft tissue,muscle and and tendon injuries . A lot of which occurred during practice,training camp and preseason games. That in itself is very telling in comparison. Even throwing stats and medical references aside . Using common sense and experience. Anyone who has ever played an organized physical sport. Can attest to the fact, That its difficult for an average vegan to maintain the proper nutrients necessary in regular day life. For an athlete to maintain the nutrients and protein to perform, maintain their health and proper condition. Is extremely unrealistic at best

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fosters college injuries were sprains and bone issues common to the sport. The majority of his NFL injuries are soft tissue,muscle and and tendon injuries . A lot of which occurred during practice,training camp and preseason games. That in itself is very telling in comparison. Even throwing stats and medical references aside . Using common sense and experience. Anyone who has ever played an organized physical sport. Can attest to the fact, That its difficult for an average vegan to maintain the proper nutrients necessary in regular day life. For an athlete to maintain the nutrients and protein to perform, maintain their health and proper condition. Is extremely unrealistic at best

hence why foster started eating meat again? what a concept!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hence why foster started eating meat again? what a concept!
To this day he still claims he added some meats back to his diet because he likes them. But he leaves out the part, Where he was highly advised by the teams nutritionist to immediately abandon the vegan due to the effects it was having on his performance, health and career.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have said he was a system RB. Im sorry no one has had success there like him. He was a monster. I dont think people realize how good he truly was........

just great great runner and exceptional receiver.........to bad he changed his diet and became GUmby

Arian Foster

He was a product of Kubes system...The same one that has made a star out of almost every RB that has played in it, including our guy Forsett who had never done anything notable til last yr and made the Pro Bowl...
Foster is no one special....:crutch:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a product of Kubes system...The same one that has made a star out of almost every RB that has played in it, including our guy Forsett who had never done anything notable til last yr and made the Pro Bowl...
Foster is no one special....:crutch:
Where's Alfred blue, Polk, or grimes at then? Or Ben Tate or the countless others. They couldn't do it.

Rb friendly , yes. Not a system just anyone can play though

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Alfred blue, Polk, or grimes at then? Or Ben Tate or the countless others. They couldn't do it.

Rb friendly , yes. Not a system just anyone can play though

No, but I think the system makes more of them than they do the system....
What has he done since Kubes left, and do you really think Forsett is an elite RB....He's not doing as well without Kubes either.....
I don't know all the stats and don't want to, but everyone I've ever heard speak of Kubes as an OC is that he is known for making 1000 yard RB's in his system.....
I'll do the eye test and listen to the pros and see if it matches up....I don't see the greatness in the guy.....Would you trade Bell for him ?.....I wouldn't trade Forsett for him...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No right now obviously I wouldn't. But four years ago. It's ckose