• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you okay with the BIG 10 changing the rules to allow tOSU in the their Championship?

Are you okay with the BIG 10 changing the rules to allow tOSU in the their Championship?

• Yes I'm okay with them changing the rules.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Yes I'm okay with them changing the rules because of COVID and this years challenges.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • No, I dispise them and am choosing no out of spite.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • They call me tater salad.

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is I'd be more in favor of this happening if this scenario was even addressed, thought of PRIOR to the season. Not just changed on the fly. I totally get things happen unexpectedly but once the league said NO we aren't playing then changed their minds it shouor have been a scenario to be thought about
sure, ideally, that's how it would be better. But the league went from no way we are playing to playing. I'm glad they did the right thing there so.......

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's the point. If they were undefeated with a win over Clemson and the ACCs only CFP hope of course they'd do the same. You think they'd prefer not getting the CFP money?

You said Duke would never find themselves in a situation like this. I said, even IF they were I don't think it would happen.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with this. The conference is going to do whatever is best for the conference and gets them a shot at the playoffs.
no brainer for any P5 conference...no matter who the team is.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, ideally, that's how it would be better. But the league went from no way we are playing to playing. I'm glad they did the right thing there so.......

How was this exact scenario not thought of though? If it was even thought of prior to anyone in the league playing a game I would be more in favor of it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Duke would never find themselves in a situation like this. I said, even IF they were I don't think it would happen.
Yeah, and I stand by that (though I guess never a little extreme). I think any reasonable fan knows if duke was in this same situation as the ACCs only hope for a CFP team the ACC does the same as the BIG with OSU.

You thinking they just wouldn't want all that extra $$.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was this exact scenario not thought of though? If it was even thought of prior to anyone in the league playing a game I would be more in favor of it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it.
When they made all the rules they did say things were fluid. Something tells me if the "rule" was "we will do whatever we can to get our only team eligible into the CFP" you might have had an issue with it. Even though any conference would do the same no matter who the team was.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I stand by that (though I guess never a little extreme). I think any reasonable fan knows if duke was in this same situation as the ACCs only hope for a CFP team the ACC does the same as the BIG with OSU.

You thinking they just wouldn't want all that extra $$.

Oh, I would hope Duke would ever remotely find themselves in OSUs shoes. It'll sadly never happen in my lifetime though lol

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they made all the rules they did say things were fluid. Something tells me if the "rule" was "we will do whatever we can to get our only team eligible into the CFP" you might have had an issue with it. Even though any conference would do the same no matter who the team was.

Yeah, I guess saying fluid does "cover" it. I see why people are giving OSU shit about it though. But they didn't have anything to do with decision. Didn't they as a team say they wanted to play regardless of Covid-19?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all his knee injuries at OU, he seems to have lost his high gear.
Have you heard any news how the Emuka Ebuka visit to Norman went? What's the vibe coming out on your side? I have read various news on the Buckeyes sites and overall it looks promising for us to land him, but who knows? He's a very close to vest kind of guy. Reminds a bbq it of the Zach Harrison resettlement from 2 years ago.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess saying fluid does "cover" it. I see why people are giving OSU shit about it though. But they didn't have anything to do with decision. Didn't they as a team say they wanted to play regardless of Covid-19?

Yes, they were one of the teams that voted to play initially. They did "voluntarily" decide to not play Illinois, but other than that they've pushed as hard as they could to play every week. They were the only B1G team to come back after a pause in activities after only one week

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you heard any news how the Emuka Ebuka visit to Norman went? What's the vibe coming out on your side? I have read various news on the Buckeyes sites and overall it looks promising for us to land him, but who knows? He's a very close to vest kind of guy. Reminds a bbq it of the Zach Harrison resettlement from 2 years ago.
I have no idea, I don't follow recruiting :D

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against the Buckeyes but it’s more of a fuck no to the BIG. They were the first to say no football and then scramble to make the season a failure by starting so late. I do think OSU is a top 4 school but The BIG can EABOD.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against the Buckeyes but it’s more of a fuck no to the BIG. They were the first to say no football and then scramble to make the season a failure by starting so late. I do think OSU is a top 4 school but The BIG can EABOD.
I will have no argument about the B1G fucking this all up. I wopulent even argue if the the CFB committee decided to keep us out of the playoff for not having the resume. That being said, they absolutely deserve to play in the B1G CG. They did try to get in a game this weekend to fulfill the 6 game requirement, but the commissioner want going to budge on changing the schedule up. It's not the Buckeyes fault.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit.

If this was any other team in the league, any of the 13 other teams in the conference, I'd be on board with getting them in the CCG which would allow the conference to better get a team in the playoff.
What if by not allowing the team allowed OSU into the conference championship game? I'm guessing all the OSU fans okay with it might feel a little different. It doesn't matter to me I haven't been overly impressed with Ohio State this year. I think if they played a full schedule or nearly one they probably drop a game.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this whole mess is the BIG10's fault period.