• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you okay with the BIG 10 changing the rules to allow tOSU in the their Championship?

Are you okay with the BIG 10 changing the rules to allow tOSU in the their Championship?

• Yes I'm okay with them changing the rules.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Yes I'm okay with them changing the rules because of COVID and this years challenges.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • No, I dispise them and am choosing no out of spite.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • They call me tater salad.

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing anyone without an anti OSU bias is Ok with it. Been a number of changes as we go in the Covid season. Might feel differently if we were undefeated but 1 loss Indiana lost to someone else and never got their shot to beat OSU.

This is what is best for entire conference, not just OSU, as they share any potential CFP money. Yes, they probably did this because OSU is the premier school, but if that school was someone else they'd have done it for them. Not an OSU change it's a premier school change and let's help ourselves out change.

All that said, not even sure how much it helps. OSU still plays someone next week and could argue that team might be as good or better than NW. Not like if not in the game they were gonna take a 1-loss BIG champ over a 6-0 OSU (if OSU wins their game). I'd rather they just rearrange schedules and let OSU play someone this week.
I'd like to see OSU wins it all this year for my boy from OU that is on your team, Trey Sermon.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if said 1 loss team was penciled in to go to the playoffs.
If Rutgers was 5-0 they'd have as much right to be in the CFP as anyone. Especially since they'd have beaten OSU to get to 5-0.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were Duke (I know they are in ACC) and in the situation like OSU is in the league absolutely would not change anything. No question on that!

It's not OSUs fault that Harbaugh is a little chicken idiot to afraid to play them and that game was cancelled. It is an ever changing 2020 with Covid so in the beginning the league should have thought of a scenario like this and agreed if necessary they could/would change it.

Its a slippery slope they are setting by not initially doing it and changing it now.

Let's say next year covid isn't an issue and for whatever reason teams can't field a team, would the league change as well? I doubt it

I see both sides so I can't say yes or no to be honest.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rutgers was 5-0 they'd have as much right to be in the CFP as anyone. Especially since they'd have beaten OSU to get to 5-0.
We are playing what-if scenarios. So assume the schedule was different too (i.e. 5-0 without playing OSU).

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been nice if they did things right from the start of the season. Too many problems caused by the B1G. I am ok with this for any team other than scUM.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they wouldn’t do this anyone else.

and again, changing the rules 98% of the way into the season is a joke
I think they would do this for any other B1G team that had a legit playoff shot. If Penn St. or Michigan were in OSU’s position they would’ve still done it.

and honestly this whole season is a joke anyway. It seems fake to an extent. Fuck it 2020

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely fucking NOT. They were told this 2 months ago it would happen and said that they were firm in their stance.
Ah yes, one of the biggest Buckeye haters on thoop:) I knew I should have done an avy bet with you. Next year you will get Frost peckers for your avy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were Duke (I know they are in ACC) and in the situation like OSU is in the league absolutely would not change anything. No question on that!

It's not OSUs fault that Harbaugh is a little chicken idiot to afraid to play them and that game was cancelled. It is an ever changing 2020 with Covid so in the beginning the league should have thought of a scenario like this and agreed if necessary they could/would change it.

Its a slippery slope they are setting by not initially doing it and changing it now.

Let's say next year covid isn't an issue and for whatever reason teams can't field a team, would the league change as well? I doubt it

I see both sides so I can't say yes or no to be honest.
Comments like these are made because teams like Duke (and Rutgers) wont ever be in this situation so in your mind you figure they would not make the switch. But if Duke was the team to have the best shot at the CFP from the ACC of course they help them out...and the rest of the ACC.

I think your other what if scenario is another with almost no chance of happening.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are playing what-if scenarios. So assume the schedule was different too (i.e. 5-0 without playing OSU).
But it is not a what if scenario that OSU beat the 5-1 team which is why they are getting "special treatment". so, yes, IF Rutgers was in the same situation and was the BIG's best shot at a CFP team they would be treated like OSU is.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all his knee injuries at OU, he seems to have lost his high gear.
Possibly. When he broke off with that 65 yard run, that was the guy I was expecting that came from OU. You could see that burst of speed once he found the open gap. Nobody was bringing him down.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments like these are made because teams like Duke (and Rutgers) wont ever be in this situation so in your mind you figure they would not make the switch. But if Duke was the team to have the best shot at the CFP from the ACC of course they help them out...and the rest of the ACC.

I think your other what if scenario is another with almost no chance of happening.

But if they had the best record this year wouldn't they be considered the best shot at winning? I still don't think they would get a shot.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm saying is I'd be more in favor of this happening if this scenario was even addressed, thought of PRIOR to the season. Not just changed on the fly. I totally get things happen unexpectedly but once the league said NO we aren't playing then changed their minds it shouor have been a scenario to be thought about

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would do this for any other B1G team that had a legit playoff shot. If Penn St. or Michigan were in OSU’s position they would’ve still done it.

and honestly this whole season is a joke anyway. It seems fake to an extent. Fuck it 2020

I tend to agree with this. The conference is going to do whatever is best for the conference and gets them a shot at the playoffs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if they had the best record this year wouldn't they be considered the best shot at winning? I still don't think they would get a shot.
Yes, that's the point. If they were undefeated with a win over Clemson and the ACCs only CFP hope of course they'd do the same. You think they'd prefer not getting the CFP money?