• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you at the top of the hill?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the nice weather outside...

But I drove home from work an hour ago feeling like THIS is the year. And by that I don't mean world series or anything. I mean just becoming competitive and entertaining to watch for 162 games.

I really think Cano will make a big difference in our lineup. And I'm a minority in this but I don't think our young hitters are as bad as people think. In all honesty, I'm more worried about our rotation than anything.

BUT erasmo had an absolutely near perfect spring. Paxton will be solid for us. Throw in Iwak when he comes back and that Felix guy. We're not too bad.

It's a lot of what ifs and hoping for young guys to come through but I'm feeling optimistic.

What evidence have the young hitters given to support that they aren't bad? Miller was okay for half a season. That's nice. Outside of him (possibly) and Seager, exactly none of the young hitters merit optimism. Spring training is spring training.

Yes, the rotation is scary, too. So is the bullpen. So is the outfield.

Hoping they prove me wrong, but it's more of the same with a flashy name batting 3rd now. Best of luck to him getting pitches to hit.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What evidence have the young hitters given to support that they aren't bad? Miller was okay for half a season. That's nice. Outside of him (possibly) and Seager, exactly none of the young hitters merit optimism. Spring training is spring training.

Yes, the rotation is scary, too. So is the bullpen. So is the outfield.

Hoping they prove me wrong, but it's more of the same with a flashy name batting 3rd now. Best of luck to him getting pitches to hit.

Lol I'm just a fan that chooses to drink the koolaid man

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, you're not

i wish i were better at optimism. seriously. lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't watch baseball that much but form what I've read from other forums users and observed over the last decade, not really. Until the Ms get new ownership, I just don't believe they'll field that great of a product. I'm not sure what's changed since the 90s/early 2000s (same owners right)? Maybe they just got SUPER lucky with prospects back then.

Every team goes through their ups and downs. Look at the Hawks! Look at the Raiders... lol. Amazing teams back in the 80s and put together a decent run early 00s, but have been horrible since. They are actually making some very good free agent moves this year, but meh.

A co-worker who watches baseball a lot says you've GOT to have a good minor league system. Does Seattle even have that?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the nice weather outside...

But I drove home from work an hour ago feeling like THIS is the year. And by that I don't mean world series or anything. I mean just becoming competitive and entertaining to watch for 162 games.

I really think Cano will make a big difference in our lineup. And I'm a minority in this but I don't think our young hitters are as bad as people think. In all honesty, I'm more worried about our rotation than anything.

BUT erasmo had an absolutely near perfect spring. Paxton will be solid for us. Throw in Iwak when he comes back and that Felix guy. We're not too bad.

It's a lot of what ifs and hoping for young guys to come through but I'm feeling optimistic.

Our young guys looked mighty good in that lineup today!

:suds:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Optimistic, but the Mariners is just have such a dysfunctional ownership and front office situation, I find it hard to develop any emotional feelings for this team.

I read that there was one change in the FO. Is it true that Chuck Armstrong is no longer part of it? Someone else is said to be in his place, but I forget the name.

If that's true, I'll speculate on it being a good start.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that there was one change in the FO. Is it true that Chuck Armstrong is no longer part of it? Someone else is said to be in his place, but I forget the name.

If that's true, I'll speculate on it being a good start.

Kevin Mather replaced him in February.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Mather replaced him in February.

Okay, thanks for the help.

And in the words of Dickens, "good riddance to bad rubbish (Armstrong)."

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to hope this is the year lighting strikes and the M's turn it around, not likely, but for now all is good.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to hope this is the year lighting strikes and the M's turn it around, not likely, but for now all is good.

Getting rid of Noesi would be a good start.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to throw Hector Noesi down this hill I invented!

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to throw Hector Noesi down this hill I invented!

You may have to have some help from the angry mob that wants to do the same thing.

I may know someone with a bus that he can end up under at the bottom of this hill.