• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you at the top of the hill?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the unexpected happens, tomorrow before 7 PM will be the most excited I'll be for Mariners baseball this year. That feeling of all optimism will fill my head and I'll be legitimately excited to watch this team jog onto the field for a game.

I'll be excited for the home opener too, but I'm expecting that to be more for the home town feeling more than anything else.

By the way, why do we start the season so often on the road. The last Seattle opening day I remember off the top of my head was the Richie Sexson 2 ringing double game. Oh the optimism that provided! :L

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go into every season optimistic. I'm not sure why we've started so many seasons on the road lately, but on the bright side it means the home season starts a week or so later and that's one less week or so of crappy weather to deal with for the fans.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Optimistic, but the Mariners is just have such a dysfunctional ownership and front office situation, I find it hard to develop any emotional feelings for this team. This should be a premiere destination for coaches. Instead, they got turned down by anyone with half a brain and went out and got some guy who will be a just another scapegoat for the conman GM and the ivory tower upper management. And this guy will be just a yesman for these clowns, unlike Wedge who actually tried to give a shit and got raked over the coals for it. It's absolutely embarrassing.

The Seattle Times bombshell article was soo long overdue. At least for this sports fans, it simply confirmed what has been painfully obvious for over a decade. It's a dysfunctional mess from the top with owners who don't even care about the product as long as money is being made all the way down to the GM position.

How do you get excited for this franchise anymore? It's hard for me.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Optimism? Man this is our year! Were gonna crush everyone! Jackie Z has really built this roster to win it all this year ! I can't wait, I'm still in shock there making the M's play the whole schedule out, they should just hand the damn trophy to Howie now.....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I WOULD feel optimistic if Walker and Iwakuma weren't both on the disabled list. They should be back within a couple weeks, but still...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would just like for a mariner player other than hernandez have a great season. it reminds me of ichiro when he would have these great seasons and everyone else would suck. I guess you can say cano will have a great season but someone from our minor leagues just come up and be an all star. seager is close at one point but it seems like he is just becoming a solid player more than an all star

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Optimistic, but the Mariners is just have such a dysfunctional ownership and front office situation, I find it hard to develop any emotional feelings for this team. This should be a premiere destination for coaches. Instead, they got turned down by anyone with half a brain and went out and got some guy who will be a just another scapegoat for the conman GM and the ivory tower upper management. And this guy will be just a yesman for these clowns, unlike Wedge who actually tried to give a shit and got raked over the coals for it. It's absolutely embarrassing.

The Seattle Times bombshell article was soo long overdue. At least for this sports fans, it simply confirmed what has been painfully obvious for over a decade. It's a dysfunctional mess from the top with owners who don't even care about the product as long as money is being made all the way down to the GM position.

How do you get excited for this franchise anymore? It's hard for me.

I dont blame to much on the ownership they probably dont know a whole lot about baseball so they figure they would hire a president and GM to be the baseball minds of the organization. If they said Jack Z take over the roster you say you can draft and build within have at it. then he drafts, ackley, and trades for smoak and montero, then signs figgins and not one thing has worked out for him. I thought jack z was a good hire because the brewers were a good team with prince fielder, ryan braun, CC sabathia etc i would have figured he would bring some of that here

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't be any worse than last season...

unless we give up 9 games to the Astros again!

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say I am optimistic because I think this team has several holes that will be exposed over the course of an entire MLB season.

I would say that I am hopeful this team does well this season. I want the Mariners to be good, I always want the Mariners to be good. In reality I believe this team has too many ?'s that would have to go the right way for anything good to happen.

We will see! Go Mariners!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always glad to watch Felix pitch, of course. Cano will figure out very quickly that he's surrounded by little talent, and won't get much to hit. I hope to see Seager do well. I think he'll end up being a very good player for a real MLB team when he hits FA or is fortunate enough to get traded.

It would be amazing to see Ackley or Smoak play league average ball for a whole season. Could happen, I guess.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm optimistic, because as stupid as it sounds, I still believe Ackley will be a good player. I think Ackley figured something out at the end of last year. I think the M's will figure out that Almonte isn't a lead off hitter and they'll finally pull the plug on Smoak and sign Morales.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening month is BRUTAL!!!!!!!!

but yes im excited.... Im a glutton for punishment.....

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening month is BRUTAL!!!!!!!!

but yes im excited.... Im a glutton for punishment.....

I go by the philosophy let them prove to me that they suck before I go to overboard.

The 1st month is brutal but if they can out it 13-15 or something like that with Kuma and Walker hopefully back then I would be satisfied and be slightly optimistic.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what this is a job interview for the pitchers 2-5 in the rotation to keep their job once kuma and walker come back

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Despite the fact the hill is only about two feet tall, I didn't even bother to walk up it this year.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect Storm I tell Ya.
SB Champs
Followed by M's WS Champs.

Bring it Boys.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect Storm I tell Ya.
SB Champs
Followed by M's WS Champs.

Bring it Boys.
elevator+hotbox.+i+dont+think+he+noticed+her_98bc38_4061724.gif

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go by the philosophy let them prove to me that they suck before I go to overboard.

The 1st month is brutal but if they can out it 13-15 or something like that with Kuma and Walker hopefully back then I would be satisfied and be slightly optimistic.

At least you're giving them something they're good at to do for you :laugh3:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the nice weather outside...

But I drove home from work an hour ago feeling like THIS is the year. And by that I don't mean world series or anything. I mean just becoming competitive and entertaining to watch for 162 games.

I really think Cano will make a big difference in our lineup. And I'm a minority in this but I don't think our young hitters are as bad as people think. In all honesty, I'm more worried about our rotation than anything.

BUT erasmo had an absolutely near perfect spring. Paxton will be solid for us. Throw in Iwak when he comes back and that Felix guy. We're not too bad.

It's a lot of what ifs and hoping for young guys to come through but I'm feeling optimistic.