• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are these playoffs the least compelling ever?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be prisoner of the moment guy, but these conference semifinals have been absolute garbage. Even in the competitive series the games have been blowouts. And the first round games haven't been much better. There's been what three compelling games the whole playoffs(game 1 Pacers/Cavs, game 1 Clips/Jazz, game 4 Spurs/Grizz) Outside of that it's been pretty underwhelming.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be prisoner of the moment guy, but these conference semifinals have been absolute garbage. Even in the competitive series the games have been blowouts. And the first round games haven't been much better. There's been what three compelling games the whole playoffs(game 1 Pacers/Cavs, game 1 Clips/Jazz, game 4 Spurs/Grizz) Outside of that it's been pretty underwhelming.

You're right, I haven't seen much of the SA vs HOU series, but for the most part the games have not been as balanced in this 2nd rd as I thought they might be.

At the end of the day we're going to get a rematch from last year's finals. Nobody in the east can beat CLE 4 times, and nobody in the west can beat GS 4 times.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: "if you have a dog in the fight, it's compelling"...

lol just messin' wif ya, Gordon...:dhd:

lol, yeah, I have no idea what non-Warriors/non-Cavs fans think about that potential matchup... but I think most will be pretty intrigued when - and if - it comes down to it.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Charles said last night, "I expected the Warriors/Cavs to dominate but expected the other series to be competitive". Not many have been all that competitive. Spurs/Rockets probably wouldn't even of been tied up if Parker didn't get injury. I would say Spurs would be 3-1 right now. Wizards should be up 3-0 right now if not for the EPIC blown leads on the road.

But nothing is gonna be too compelling when 2 teams have all the talent year after year after year.

This truly almost is the equivalent of the '92 Dream paying 3rd world countries.

I mean Raptors couldn't even take a game. Jazz probably get swept tonight. Pacers blew 1-2 games.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think witnessing LeBron put on perhaps the most dominating postseason performance ever is pretty compelling. Its sad that so many of you don't realize what he's doing right now. We take him for granted.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think witnessing LeBron put on perhaps the most dominating postseason performance ever is pretty compelling. Its sad that so many of you don't realize what he's doing right now. We take him for granted.
this +10000

i get it- if you dont like LeBron- its prob gonna piss you off- but even if you dont like him- if you are watching this guy - its amazing seeing him do what he is doing

i honestly cant imagine he has ever been harder to beat in a 7 game series than right now. He is just in total control. So confident. Such a good leader. He has everything working.

Their a calmness and confidence about him after last seasons win where he just seems like he has taken it to another level...

like in Dragon Ball Z- went from Saiyan to Super Saiyan....or Super SAiyan level 2...lol.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hes played the Pacers and the Raptors missing Lowry. :noidea:. I'll be impressed when he finally plays a team of quality. We'll see the next round if Wizards make it through Boston.

If he gets through the Wizards and Warriors with this type of performance than I'll be VERY impressed.

Until then, Bullying tomato cans missing key players shouldn't impress anyone. Especially with all the talent Cleveland has.

I see why the Cavs gave the Celtics the top seed though ROFLMAO. They're draw was much tougher

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Charles said last night, "I expected the Warriors/Cavs to dominate but expected the other series to be competitive". Not many have been all that competitive. Spurs/Rockets probably wouldn't even of been tied up if Parker didn't get injury. I would say Spurs would be 3-1 right now. Wizards should be up 3-0 right now if not for the EPIC blown leads on the road.

But nothing is gonna be too compelling when 2 teams have all the talent year after year after year.

This truly almost is the equivalent of the '92 Dream paying 3rd world countries.

I mean Raptors couldn't even take a game. Jazz probably get swept tonight. Pacers blew 1-2 games.

The Rockets destroyed the Spurs last night. Parker is important, but he does not make up for a 20 point gap at this stage of his career. The Rockets would have won with or without Parker playing.

Both "other" series are 2-2 and possibly heading toward game 7. I realize the games have not been close, but the series still are.

Just about everyone thought the Cavs and Warriors were heading toward a rematch back in July. This is how the playoffs were always supposed to go down.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. the Cavs/Warriors will be the finals again. Still Lebron is having quite the run this spring so that's something.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets destroyed the Spurs last night. Parker is important, but he does not make up for a 20 point gap at this stage of his career. The Rockets would have won with or without Parker playing.

Both "other" series are 2-2 and possibly heading toward game 7. I realize the games have not been close, but the series still are.

Just about everyone thought the Cavs and Warriors were heading toward a rematch back in July. This is how the playoffs were always supposed to go down.

I expected the Warriors to sweep through but the Pacers/Raptors should have won at least 1 game and put just a LITTLE resistance.

Still, yea its been a crummy post season. Mainly because theres too much talent on 2 teams and so little on other teams Thats why it sucks to see SuperStar Team stacking when the league is hurting for depth of talent. We have always had dominant teams but the "other teams" also had talent too and made series competitive even for the BEST teams.

I mean there were probably no more dominant teams than the 2000s lakers and 90s Bulls but they still had to compete and lose against really really good teams

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected the Warriors to sweep through but the Pacers/Raptors should have won at least 1 game and put just a LITTLE resistance.

Still, yea its been a crummy post season. Mainly because theres too much talent on 2 teams. Thats why it sucks to see SuperStar Team stacking when the league is hurting for depth of talent. We have always had dominant teams but the "other teams" also had talent too and made series competitive even for the BEST teams.

I mean there were probably no more dominant teams than the 2000s lakers and 90s Bulls but they still had to compete and lose against really really good teams

Here is my problem though.

Right now, people complain because the Warriors and CAVs are head and shoulders above everybody and are nearly unbeatable.

Yet, when the time comes to compare the Cavs and Warriors to past generations, people say they aren't that good because they don't have any competition.

I call BS.

These two teams dominate other good teams. The Spurs, Rockets, Jazz, Wizards and Celtics would have been quality playoff teams in any era. Not saying they would be championship caliber, but they aren't "weak" either.

The Cavs and warriors are just that much better. If anything, their domination should enhance their standing when measured against past eras.

Reactions: LAD

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my problem though.

Right now, people complain because the Warriors and CAVs are head and shoulders above everybody and are nearly unbeatable.

Yet, when the time comes to compare the Cavs and Warriors to past generations, people say they aren't that good because they don't have any competition.

I call BS.

These two teams dominate other good teams. The Spurs, Rockets, Jazz, Wizards and Celtics would have been quality playoff teams in any era. Not saying they would be championship caliber, but they aren't "weak" either.

The Cavs and warriors are just that much better. If anything, their domination should enhance their standing when measured against past eras.

People complain because teams can't even managed ONE lousy win the in the post season. After tonight the Cavs are Warriors will be 8-0 in the playoffs this year. Even as dominant as say the Bulls/Lakers were (Late 90s Bulls being the best team ever IMO, the early 2000's Lakers being one of the greatest teams ever), the talent distribution was such that they both could and were pushed to 7 games series.

Meanwhile, we see what we are seeing now. Cavs/Warriors who god knows could both go UNDEFEATED to the finals.

I think the main complaint is the lack of talent distribution in the game today and how superstars seem to be able to call ALL the shots and getaway with murder when it comes to team stacking.

Sure its good great to watch great teams like the Cavs/Warriors. Like watching their games. But what many don't like is how terrible all the other teams are with no hope in hell of even winning a game

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People complain because teams can't even managed ONE lousy win the in the post season. After tonight the Cavs are Warriors will be 8-0 in the playoffs this year. Even as dominant as say the Bulls/Lakers were (Late 90s Bills being the best team ever IMO, the early 2000's Lakers being one of the greatest teams ever), the talent distribution was such that they both could and were pushed to 7 games series.

Meanwhile, we see what we are seeing now. Cavs/Warriors who god knows could both go UNDEFEATED to the finals.

Don't forget, Toronto's co-star sat out games 3 and 4. That is no small detail. Toronto was never beating Cleveland on the road, and they were even less likely to beat the Cavs without Lowry playing.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget, Toronto's co-star sat out games 3 and 4. That is no small detail. Toronto was never beating Cleveland on the road, and they were even less likely to beat the Cavs without Lowry playing.

Lowry out didn't help but they probably still would have been swept with out how bad their Defense was all series. They didn't make any defensive adjustment for all 4 game.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People complain because teams can't even managed ONE lousy win the in the post season. After tonight the Cavs are Warriors will be 8-0 in the playoffs this year. Even as dominant as say the Bulls/Lakers were (Late 90s Bulls being the best team ever IMO, the early 2000's Lakers being one of the greatest teams ever), the talent distribution was such that they both could and were pushed to 7 games series.

I think the main complaint is the lack of talent distribution in the game today and how superstars seem to be able to call ALL the shots and getaway with murder when it comes to team stacking.

Sure its good great to watch great teams like the Cavs/Warriors. Like watching their games. But what many don't like is how terrible all the other teams are with no hope in hell of even winning a game
The problem is we're not watching the top teams compete. If the league got rid of the distinction of Conferences and just let the top 16 teams make up the post season & compete I'm sure things would look differently.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What what what?

This is the best the NBA has ever been.

I think a more appropriate comparison is "snooze fest" - especially in the east

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have liked some of the physicality of a few games and the possible fights. That's one element of the game I miss personally. It's good to see some of these guys actually get pissed and get after it