• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Ravens the best 1-6 team in NFL History?

Are the Ravens the best 1-6 team in NFL History?

• Yes

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am sure he is too busy to tell us what the difference is though. I mean he can post for 2 hours straight but he doesn't have time.

He's probably "moving his family" for the next three weeks. He'll be back when Ravens get a win.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fit the theme of a bad team in my opinion. They are about as inconsistent as it comes in this league. Yes they are keeping games close but that isn't saying much in my opinion considering most games in the NFL are decided by a touchdown or less. The good teams have that edge that knows how to finish games off or find that one play that wins it. I wouldn't call them the worst team in the league right now as I do think they have some talent and I still think Harbaugh is a great coach. I would definitely put them bottom 5 right now though. They could definitely rebound after this year but I do think they have some major holes that will need fixed. Steve Smith the one offensive weapon they actually have is gone after this year. I know they took a guy in the 1st round but they will still need at least 1 more decent weapon and that is with hoping that player actually develops into something. Defensively they are going to have a major hole at Pass Rush in my opinion. Suggs good chance he is entering the part of his career where he is more of a role player than 3-down type player. Dumervil will be another year older. Right now they have nothing behind either of those guys. Secondary wise safety seems to be doing decent right now but Corner is a huge hole. I would say they need at least 2 quality Corners added to the team.

I would throw in Cap Wise they are not looking pretty for this next year. They already have $144.4 million committed for next season. I don't think they have a ton of guys they have to resign and they can make a few cuts that can help out but I wouldn't look for them to be very active in FA. That means they are going to have to depend on the draft to really make a huge difference to improve this team after this season.

The record is the record...I get that and all of the stuff that goes into winning and losing a game.

ATL @ BAL...who wins? I'd like to say ATL, but I'm not sure and Idt you can be sure either...One team is 1-6 the other 6-1. The margin is pretty thin is all I'm saying...I look at the Ravens as a good organization having a bad year...I look as CLE as a bad organization.

The rebuild...it would not bother me at all if it took BAL 3 or 4 years to rebuild that ship, but I don't think so.

DEF...I agree and have been OTR for some time saying the edge rushers in BAL are past their prime. IMO Suggs is finished...2 Achilles?...no. Dumervil, they will bring him back next year, still a serviceable player. If you look where the QB pressure is coming from now, you probably see more of what's to expect in the future...they have guys that can put pressure...just no dbl digit sack guys anymore and imo that's great if you have that guy but not a huge deal if you have several players that can get to the QB.

The run stuffing front is what's missing from LY and years past. Agree with you on the CB situation, but Jimmy Smith is a legit CB, maybe not a CB1...Webb is not as good as advertised, been hurt, but not that great when healthy imo. If they are top 5 and land one of the big Dline boys, they should be able to land a CB in the 2nd or 3rd.

OFC, yes they have some work to do here. Pitta I think it's time to move on...Max Williams and Gilmore will fill that void...they get the rookie this yr Perriman back next yr...imo Aiken is legit WR3 at worst...This is more than one yr imo...Smith Sr is a proud man...he may not want to go out losing like this, but either way, they need to find a mid level WR FA to help next season....better next year, but I don't see that OFC being championship caliber in '16.

Cap...idk exactly what shape they're in, but I know they have some bad contracts...Suggs is one of them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The record is the record...I get that and all of the stuff that goes into winning and losing a game.

ATL @ BAL...who wins? I'd like to say ATL, but I'm not sure and Idt you can be sure either...One team is 1-6 the other 6-1. The margin is pretty thin is all I'm saying...I look at the Ravens as a good organization having a bad year...I look as CLE as a bad organization.

The rebuild...it would not bother me at all if it took BAL 3 or 4 years to rebuild that ship, but I don't think so.

DEF...I agree and have been OTR for some time saying the edge rushers in BAL are past their prime. IMO Suggs is finished...2 Achilles?...no. Dumervil, they will bring him back next year, still a serviceable player. If you look where the QB pressure is coming from now, you probably see more of what's to expect in the future...they have guys that can put pressure...just no dbl digit sack guys anymore and imo that's great if you have that guy but not a huge deal if you have several players that can get to the QB.

The run stuffing front is what's missing from LY and years past. Agree with you on the CB situation, but Jimmy Smith is a legit CB, maybe not a CB1...Webb is not as good as advertised, been hurt, but not that great when healthy imo. If they are top 5 and land one of the big Dline boys, they should be able to land a CB in the 2nd or 3rd.

OFC, yes they have some work to do here. Pitta I think it's time to move on...Max Williams and Gilmore will fill that void...they get the rookie this yr Perriman back next yr...imo Aiken is legit WR3 at worst...This is more than one yr imo...Smith Sr is a proud man...he may not want to go out losing like this, but either way, they need to find a mid level WR FA to help next season....better next year, but I don't see that OFC being championship caliber in '16.

Cap...idk exactly what shape they're in, but I know they have some bad contracts...Suggs is one of them.

I will agree with the FO they have this is not a 3-4 year build like we see with some other teams. I do think they could go from a worst to first type turnaround. This year though they have made some bad decisions in my opinion. Going from Kubiak to Trestman has not done well. Trestman has never really ran a system like that of Kubiak's so he is out of his element trying to call that playbook. In my opinion they should have let Trestman do what he does best. I would also add that they should have known even without the injury that Perriman was a project type player. He has talent but he is the type of player that needed a year. I thought they could have done better to get Flacco the weapons needed to keep this offense going. They were depending a ton on the rookies to step up and when you start depending on rookies to play like veterans you are setting yourself up for failure. Defensively they relied on that of some very aged veterans to get this defense right. Suggs has been trending down for a while and Dumervil needs a counter player to help maximize his skills. The secondary again relying on a very injury prone group to hold together. They just took a lot of chances this year with a very promising roster and well it has blown up in their face.

We shall see how they bounce back. I honestly do think they still get to maybe 6 wins this year. That would mean going 5-4 the rest of the way. They have a couple of very promising games coming up against Jacksonville and San Diego. I could see them winning both of those. Throw in they have quite a few home games that can help right the ship some.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chappee cant read and you guys Typing 200 word essays in his thread

Evil

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with the FO they have this is not a 3-4 year build like we see with some other teams. I do think they could go from a worst to first type turnaround. This year though they have made some bad decisions in my opinion. Going from Kubiak to Trestman has not done well. Trestman has never really ran a system like that of Kubiak's so he is out of his element trying to call that playbook. In my opinion they should have let Trestman do what he does best. I would also add that they should have known even without the injury that Perriman was a project type player. He has talent but he is the type of player that needed a year. I thought they could have done better to get Flacco the weapons needed to keep this offense going. They were depending a ton on the rookies to step up and when you start depending on rookies to play like veterans you are setting yourself up for failure. Defensively they relied on that of some very aged veterans to get this defense right. Suggs has been trending down for a while and Dumervil needs a counter player to help maximize his skills. The secondary again relying on a very injury prone group to hold together. They just took a lot of chances this year with a very promising roster and well it has blown up in their face.

We shall see how they bounce back. I honestly do think they still get to maybe 6 wins this year. That would mean going 5-4 the rest of the way. They have a couple of very promising games coming up against Jacksonville and San Diego. I could see them winning both of those. Throw in they have quite a few home games that can help right the ship some.

This is a BAL thread I hope...hate to hi jack a thread for the Ravens...lol

Perriman...I think they were looking for some instant return there as a deep ball threat after seeing what Martavious Bryant did for the Steelers as a rookie. Kid just couldn't get on the field. Not sure what happened with Pitta this time...continuation or new injury, but I know that they weren't planning on Smith Sr being the highest targeted player by such a wide margin. But as you said...Perriman, Max Williams, they were counting on those young guys to step up and that's why I figured the OFC would be slow to develop back in Aug.Sept.

DEF...at least against the run, they miss Ngata's presence...6-10 is probably about right.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really hope not. I have a vision of them netting the #1 pick and then trading down to 5 or so for a king's ransom and still getting Bosa or Ramsey.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope not. I have a vision of them netting the #1 pick and then trading down to 5 or so for a king's ransom and still getting Bosa or Ramsey.

Honestly at this point that would be what I would hope for as well since the season is already lost. Getting in that #10 pick usually means you are missing out on the true top tier players and getting in that range where it is just a crap shoot from 10-25 pick in that 1st round. You also go from getting maybe 3 1st round picks moving back a few spots to maybe gaining a 3rd round pick moving back 15 picks.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will be so desperate for a playmaker on the outside with Smith retiring

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be so desperate for a playmaker on the outside with Smith retiring

A. All signs are pointing to him playing another year. That dude won't go out like this and he refuses to be traded.

B. Not sure that playmaker exists in this draft. I also still haven't given up on Perriman being that player.

C. The defense needs young impact players more than the offense.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a BAL thread I hope...hate to hi jack a thread for the Ravens...lol

Perriman...I think they were looking for some instant return there as a deep ball threat after seeing what Martavious Bryant did for the Steelers as a rookie. Kid just couldn't get on the field. Not sure what happened with Pitta this time...continuation or new injury, but I know that they weren't planning on Smith Sr being the highest targeted player by such a wide margin. But as you said...Perriman, Max Williams, they were counting on those young guys to step up and that's why I figured the OFC would be slow to develop back in Aug.Sept.

DEF...at least against the run, they miss Ngata's presence...6-10 is probably about right.

Pitta just came off PUP list so he has 3 weeks to get on the field or he's done for the season.

And Ngata hasn't done anything this year with the Lions this year. Brandon Williams is actually one of the highest rated run stoppers in the league.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading that Pitta will retire if he cant get on the field this season?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitta just came off PUP list so he has 3 weeks to get on the field or he's done for the season.

And Ngata hasn't done anything this year with the Lions this year. Brandon Williams is actually one of the highest rated run stoppers in the league.

It's a competition between Haloti and Torrey on who has done the least for their new team.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing people might not realize that's contributing to the Ravens struggles is the lack of continuity at the coaching position. The Ravens always lose coordinators and position coaches every year so it's always new guys implementing their own system which doesn't give either side of the ball time to master the system.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think with Ngata it was the leadership side of things more so than his play. I think they made the right call in letting him go but this is looking like the season after the Super Bowl win for the Ravens where they lost some aging players that while the right decision there was a certain lack of leadership on that defensive squad. With Suggs and Ngata gone I think those are some emotional leaders that the young guys really leaned on during games.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best 1-6 team in NFL History? Uhh… wtf.

That's like being the smartest retard or tallest midget.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing people might not realize that's contributing to the Ravens struggles is the lack of continuity at the coaching position. The Ravens always lose coordinators and position coaches every year so it's always new guys implementing their own system which doesn't give either side of the ball time to master the system.

Tgann made it very clear that losing Kubiak would not be a big deal and if anything they should be an improved team under Trestman.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want an overhaul. If we had an offensive minded HC here who could call his own plays (see Arians), we wouldn't have to worry about having to replace the OC every year.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tgann made it very clear that losing Kubiak would not be a big deal and if anything they should be an improved team under Trestman.

But it wasn't just Kubiak, he took a lot of his assistants with him to Denver too. 4 different OFC in 4 years leaves no room for growth on that side of the ball.