• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Ravens the best 1-6 team in NFL History?

Are the Ravens the best 1-6 team in NFL History?

• Yes

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell ya tho, that Steve Smith is still an unbelievable beast

The Ravens still have some good players, but losing Suggs seems to have killed them. I guess Harbaugh escapes any criticism for this?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Colts go to the playoffs with 6 wins, that division should be set on fire

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens still have some good players, but losing Suggs seems to have killed them. I guess Harbaugh escapes any criticism for this?

Amazing how far a SB win gets ya, and Harbaugh has had a lot more success in other seasons

But Sean Payton? That guy has been riding that SB win for years now, that team underachieves every season

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suggs doesn't throw INT's

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how far a SB win gets ya, and Harbaugh has had a lot more success in other seasons

But Sean Payton? That guy has been riding that SB win for years now, that team underachieves every season

I agree, but is it Sean Peyton's fault that they have ignored defense there for the last decade?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK how they compare to other 1-6 teams, but the fact that they have been in every game does show that they're not that far off.

The reason for the 1-6 imo is because both sides of the ball have had lapses...DEF gave up 37,33, 28...last couple of weeks the DEF played okay and OFC has failed to go north of 20.

I'll say this...if they do end up with a top 5 or top 10 pick...'16 could be a strong if grandpa returns for one more year and I get the sense Ozzie will ask.

They fit the theme of a bad team in my opinion. They are about as inconsistent as it comes in this league. Yes they are keeping games close but that isn't saying much in my opinion considering most games in the NFL are decided by a touchdown or less. The good teams have that edge that knows how to finish games off or find that one play that wins it. I wouldn't call them the worst team in the league right now as I do think they have some talent and I still think Harbaugh is a great coach. I would definitely put them bottom 5 right now though. They could definitely rebound after this year but I do think they have some major holes that will need fixed. Steve Smith the one offensive weapon they actually have is gone after this year. I know they took a guy in the 1st round but they will still need at least 1 more decent weapon and that is with hoping that player actually develops into something. Defensively they are going to have a major hole at Pass Rush in my opinion. Suggs good chance he is entering the part of his career where he is more of a role player than 3-down type player. Dumervil will be another year older. Right now they have nothing behind either of those guys. Secondary wise safety seems to be doing decent right now but Corner is a huge hole. I would say they need at least 2 quality Corners added to the team.

I would throw in Cap Wise they are not looking pretty for this next year. They already have $144.4 million committed for next season. I don't think they have a ton of guys they have to resign and they can make a few cuts that can help out but I wouldn't look for them to be very active in FA. That means they are going to have to depend on the draft to really make a huge difference to improve this team after this season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but is it Sean Peyton's fault that they have ignored defense there for the last decade?

It could be...He is an offensive minded guy and most money has gone that way. My guess is he has had at least some say in how money is spent and on who.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be...He is an offensive minded guy and most money has gone that way. My guess is he has had at least some say in how money is spent and on who.

Oh he had a say, but unfortunately it was to be paid on a per game/per injury basis. :whistle:

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would throw in Cap Wise they are not looking pretty for this next year. They already have $144.4 million committed for next season. I don't think they have a ton of guys they have to resign and they can make a few cuts that can help out but I wouldn't look for them to be very active in FA. That means they are going to have to depend on the draft to really make a huge difference to improve this team after this season.

I think like $20 mill in dead money from Rice/Ngata/Jacoby Jones will be gone after this year not to mention Flacco's inevitable restructure should give them a lot of space next year.

Ravens have always built through the draft anyways. It's just their top picks the last few years have not panned out and it's hurt them. They've had to resort to undrafted/journeyman for depth.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think like $20 mill in dead money from Rice/Ngata/Jacoby Jones will be gone after this year not to mention Flacco's inevitable restructure should give them a lot of space next year.

Ravens have always built through the draft anyways. It's just their top picks the last few years have not panned out and it's hurt them. They've had to resort to undrafted/journeyman for depth.

That total I gave you was with only $400,000 in dead money. That is already factored in. I wasn't including any dead money for those players you listed. Depending on how much the Cap actually goes up this next year the Ravens should have somewhere in the neighborhood of $5.4 million. Yes they can restructure some contracts and maybe make a couple of cuts. Although there are not a whole lot of players they can cut that help out a ton. Ladarius Webb is about the only one that comes to mind but that still only saves the team about $3.5 million and costs them $6 million in dead money.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, much like a defensive minded Rex Ryan believes you dont need a QB, maybe Sean Payton believes you dont need a defense

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if tgann will post or just keep reading this thread...right now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said "it's gonna be a long season" not "it's a long season"

Big difference

Well I am sure he is too busy to tell us what the difference is though. I mean he can post for 2 hours straight but he doesn't have time.