• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Ravens the best 1-6 team in NFL History?

Are the Ravens the best 1-6 team in NFL History?

• Yes

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 32 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't kept up with the stats but early in the season I remember the announcers saying he had been getting hit a ridiculous amount of times. The offensive line must be in awful shape.

I think he had been the most hit QB in the league since he came into the NFL. They definitely have not worked to fix the glaring hole in the OL. It is why I thought they were being an overhyped team this year in they went out and got him weapons at spots he already had weapons and left the weaknesses the same.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw another team out there...The Colts would be on my list. I had them as an overrated team but I never thought they would struggle the way they have so far. I mean it seemed like almost every analyst out there was picking the Colts to the Super Bowl and Andrew Luck for MVP. Again I figured them to be overrated and not to the level they had them at but I still expected them to be a lot more competitive than what they have been.

The Ravens though I do agree are quite the surprise. As much as Tgann wants to say they have had a ridiculously tough schedule I guess I just don't see it. Getting the Broncos early when they have a brand new coaching staff. The Raiders are still a team in transition. Bengals at home and Browns at home have been wins in the past where they just don't lose. Getting the 49ers with all the chaos going on there. Steelers without Ben is a big reason in my opinion they actually have the one win. I guess to me I just don't view this first part of the schedule as that grueling and yet here they are. It is why I wouldn't put them as the best 1-6 team in NFL history. They are a team that has no confidence on either side of the ball.
While I don't expect anyone to believe me and I cannot remember the thread, I had the Colts and the Seahawks taking a step back this year. The Colts definitely have but it is still too early to make that call on the Seahawks.
The Colts have been spending too much money on very good players who are on the downside of their careers plus they have totally ignored their needs in drafting.
The Seahawks lost great coaches and a few good players and now they are having to pay for the talent they have.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if tgann and his bird-buddies pray to a Mike Vick every night and give thanks for their one win.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't expect anyone to believe me and I cannot remember the thread, I had the Colts and the Seahawks taking a step back this year. The Colts definitely have but it is still too early to make that call on the Seahawks.
The Colts have been spending too much money on very good players who are on the downside of their careers plus they have totally ignored their needs in drafting.
The Seahawks lost great coaches and a few good players and now they are having to pay for the talent they have.

Good call on the Seahawks. I was right there with you on that one. The team that loses the Super Bowl the previous season hasn't gotten back the following year since the Buffalo Bills. History is not on SEA's side. As for the Colts, they STILL should win that awful division. Then they will get a game against a team like PIT in the playoffs that they might even be able to win?!?!

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if tgann and his bird-buddies pray to a Mike Vick every night and give thanks for their one win.

Hell no.....

We pray to Scobee :D

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to throw another team out there...The Colts would be on my list. I had them as an overrated team but I never thought they would struggle the way they have so far. I mean it seemed like almost every analyst out there was picking the Colts to the Super Bowl and Andrew Luck for MVP. Again I figured them to be overrated and not to the level they had them at but I still expected them to be a lot more competitive than what they have been.

The Ravens though I do agree are quite the surprise. As much as Tgann wants to say they have had a ridiculously tough schedule I guess I just don't see it. Getting the Broncos early when they have a brand new coaching staff. The Raiders are still a team in transition. Bengals at home and Browns at home have been wins in the past where they just don't lose. Getting the 49ers with all the chaos going on there. Steelers without Ben is a big reason in my opinion they actually have the one win. I guess to me I just don't view this first part of the schedule as that grueling and yet here they are. It is why I wouldn't put them as the best 1-6 team in NFL history. They are a team that has no confidence on either side of the ball.

IDK how they compare to other 1-6 teams, but the fact that they have been in every game does show that they're not that far off.

The reason for the 1-6 imo is because both sides of the ball have had lapses...DEF gave up 37,33, 28...last couple of weeks the DEF played okay and OFC has failed to go north of 20.

I'll say this...if they do end up with a top 5 or top 10 pick...'16 could be a strong if grandpa returns for one more year and I get the sense Ozzie will ask.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but @Tgann69 said they were going to the Super Bowl with best oline and best front 7

He said it was early and that it's a long season. But it's ALREADY been a long season for the Ravens and no team has ever made the playoffs after starting 1-5(nevermind 1-6)!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said it was early and that it's a long season. But it's ALREADY been a long season for the Ravens and no team has ever made the playoffs after starting 1-5(nevermind 1-6)!
They just need to get their injured players back, then you'll see!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers come to town now

So Rivers gets to throw for 480 yards in another loss

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nah, they just need 9 good bounces their way and they will be undefeated from here on out.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers come to town now

So Rivers gets to throw for 480 yards in another loss

I'm not sure if the Ravens will show up for a game this season, but that's a good game to look at the over.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens just feel a little deflated after being cheated out of their season last year

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Good call on the Seahawks. I was right there with you on that one. The team that loses the Super Bowl the previous season hasn't gotten back the following year since the Buffalo Bills. History is not on SEA's side. As for the Colts, they STILL should win that awful division. Then they will get a game against a team like PIT in the playoffs that they might even be able to win?!?!
Cleveland is saying "Why can't we be in that division??!!"