• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are the Rams giving up on Bradford?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talk they might draft a qb with one of there top picks…. Interesting..

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overpaid and underperforming. Why not think about replacing him with a guy who is 1/4 of the price and under control for 5 years?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense...Bradford has had the opportunities to prove he's worthy of a second contract and so far he hasn't really delivered...we're still looking at him as a "potential" guy imo. I think he gets this season to prove it in STL.

If he doesn't make it, another team will definitely take a shot at him, but with far less financial risks on the line.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does look like they are. I thought that Bradford would develop into something better than he has. I know the tools giving to him aren't the best but the Rams might just decide to pull the trigger on a QB of the future now while the picks are good rather than later.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but I simply don't think Bradford is ever going to be an NFL quarterback. Whenever I've seen him he looked completely overmatched. It seemed like he played real scared in the pocket and would constantly throw small dump off passes. I've yet to see him extend plays or be accurate downfield. I'm not a believer.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has underwhelmed for the most part... Regardless of the talent around him. So it makes sense! But I wouldn't rush to say "giving up" on him. I would more see it as a tool to light a fire under Bradford's ass. Nothing brings that sense of urgency to the table more than bringing in viable competition. Time will tell!

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While a Sooner he was surrounding by major offensive talent. I could have succeeded as QB with that squad.

He will do well just to back a real NFL QB.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While a Sooner he was surrounding by major offensive talent. I could have succeeded as QB with that squad.

He will do well just to back a real NFL QB.

I call BS on this one. Just kidding. ;)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they'd get a $7.2M penalty if they cut him this year. Might be worth it but I doubt it. The Rams are still overall a very young team and I think they are going the route of Seattle and building up that ridiculous D while getting a ground game to help Bradford (via getting some OTs and safety or DL).

Give Bradford one more year and they can cut him and only incur peanuts in penalties next year if he sucks this one. Guy was playing pretty good until he got lit up, the only 'bad' game he had was against San Fran and QBs just aren't going to light it up against San Fran, Seattle, Rams D, etc.

Bradford was just too frail to me coming out of college. He had that one big injury but also got injured twice in 2009 - all shoulder related. Also played in that spread offense so meh.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that Rams are thinking of taking a QB with a Rd 2 or 3 pick and not one of their 2 top 13 picks. Not sure if this counts as big news.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no harm at looking at all options. With that said, I think the Rams might be looking to trade down.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles might not be bad for them at 2. A LOT of people think Bortles should sit at least a year and develop a bit more. I don't see the Rams beating out the Hawks/9ers/Cards anyway this year but after this year the 49ers are getting older and Fitz/Palmer are no longer as reliable, so that might allow the Rams to get in there as the #2. The one thing holding them back is great QB play.

They could draft Bortles, let him ride the pine for a year, and then focus on OT next year while adding some safety/secondary play this year. They aren't far out from being a defense away from getting in the playoffs and Bortles with a year sitting could propel that team to a multi-year playoff contender with the very YOUNG D they have.

I think I would kind of hate if the Rams did this being a Hawks fan. I'm not confident Bradford can get the job done at all. I just don't think he has it. Either way I'm never 'worried' when Seattle's D goes up against him like I maybe am against Kaep or even Palmer a little bit.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles might not be bad for them at 2. A LOT of people think Bortles should sit at least a year and develop a bit more. I don't see the Rams beating out the Hawks/9ers/Cards anyway this year but after this year the 49ers are getting older and Fitz/Palmer are no longer as reliable, so that might allow the Rams to get in there as the #2. The one thing holding them back is great QB play.

They could draft Bortles, let him ride the pine for a year, and then focus on OT next year while adding some safety/secondary play this year. They aren't far out from being a defense away from getting in the playoffs and Bortles with a year sitting could propel that team to a multi-year playoff contender with the very YOUNG D they have.

I think I would kind of hate if the Rams did this being a Hawks fan. I'm not confident Bradford can get the job done at all. I just don't think he has it. Either way I'm never 'worried' when Seattle's D goes up against him like I maybe am against Kaep or even Palmer a little bit.

Why would you sit Bortles? He's not less ready than Ben or Flacco was coming out of college.

Drafting Bortles would mean you have to cut or trade Bradford.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you sit Bortles? He's not less ready than Ben or Flacco was coming out of college.

Just based on reports I've read... I don't pretend to know everything about every player and didn't say I think he should sit, just what reports and analysts have said. Course you could say the same about every drafted QB (a year sitting benefits them).

Anyway... *shrugs* Your guess is as good as mine with regards to what the Rams want to do.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they draft a quarterback number two and don't trade that quarterback for picks, it seems like they would have a situation like Tampa had with Freeman. I don't think it would be like a situation SF had with Alex Smith. Not saying Bradford is unprofessional, but I don't see Bradford really helping Bortles. It would be obvious what they're doing and there would be no way to keep Bradford. At least with Kaepernick, even though people knew what was happening, it was second-round pick so Smith was able to keep his job as long as he didn't get injured. Of course, it's just as likely Bradford would get injured in the game anyway.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just based on reports I've read... I don't pretend to know everything about every player and didn't say I think he should sit, just what reports and analysts have said. Course you could say the same about every drafted QB (a year sitting benefits them).

Anyway... *shrugs* Your guess is as good as mine with regards to what the Rams want to do.

The reports by media experts might say that, but in reality, you draft a Qb in the first round, he's ready to compete for the starting job day one. These media experts shouldn't be living in an alternative universe. Unless you have an established and viable starter on the roster, the rook will inevitable take most of the snaps that season.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there at that cross road, remember this coaching staff didn't draft him, personally I would wait until the later rounds or next years draft, I don't think your gonna get that franchise QB out of most of these QB's in this class.....

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are probably going to run with Bradford for 2014, and draft one of the 2nd tier QBs in this draft: Mccarron, Mettenberger, Savage, or Garoppolo. If Bradford gets hurt again, then one of those guys would get the opportunity to prove themselves.